This Health Club news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health club and gym news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Social media menace BANNED from contacting women he doesn't know on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
Anthony McNulty, 30, from Runcorn, Cheshire, has been convicted of a string of public order offences against women and is serving a four-month sentence for an incident at a gym
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus UK: Can I go the gym and pub under Tier 3 lockdown?
In tier three areas such as Liverpool and Lancashire, social mixing is banned both indoors and in private gardens, while pubs and bars must close unless they can operate as a restaurant.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Gym owner fined for refusing to close in Covid shutdown
The Merseyside gym
stayed open despite the area facing the highest level of coronavirus restrictions.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Gym fined for breaking COVID closure rules gets £38,000 in donations
More than £38,000 has been donated to a Merseyside gym
that was fined by police for staying open and breaking coronavirus restrictions.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- This Smart Home Gym Is The Future Of Fitness
AI, weights, cardio, video, social, data ... JaxJox covers all the bases.
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- How to Cancel Your Gym Membership Without Breaking a Sweat
contracts can be difficult to walk away from. If you're looking to switch facilities or just don't feel comfortable going in light of the pandemic, these tips may help.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Spin Classes Lead To Twenty One People With Coronavirus From One Gym
A spin class gym
in the Canadian city of Hamilton, near Toronto, has been linked with an outbreak of 21 cases of Covid-19 with a further 100 people potentially exposed.
Forbes. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Pure Gym personal trainer sorry for 'very ill-judged' slavery post
Matt Simpson's post on PureGym's Facebook account said the workout was to mark Black History Month.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- 'Slavery was hard and so is this': Backlash over gym workout advert
PureGym has apologised after one of its branches advertised a "12 Years of Slave" workout to mark Black History Month.
Sky News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Woman too 'scared' to join gym transforms body on her own, becomes fitness influencer
The fitness influencer still eats junk food, though.
Fox News. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- 'Nude' gym short trend is making social media do a double-take
Daring gym-goers and fitness enthusiast are opting to workout in bicycle shorts that are strikingly similar to the color human skin and give off a naked appearance.
Fox News. Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020.
- Tempo - The compact home gym with a built-in personal trainer
Working out can be hard at the best of times, let alone during moments of international uncertainty - we're all having to get used to workout routines
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 3 Sep 2020.
- Gold's Gym files for bankruptcy due to coronavirus closures
"No single factor has caused more harm to our business than the current COVID-19 global pandemic," the company announced.
CBS News. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Will We Ever Feel Comfortable Going to the Gym Again?
Will We Ever Feel Comfortable Going to the Gym
Zacks. Monday, 24 Aug 2020.
- N.Y. Gyms and Fitness Studios Can Reopen as Soon as Aug. 24, Cuomo Says
Health clubs will be limited to a third of their total capacity and must meet state requirements before reopening, the governor said.
New York Times. Tuesday, 18 Aug 2020.
Health Clubs and Gyms News Headlines and News Summaries