This Health Club news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health club and gym news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New video shows Browns' Malik McDowell charging NAKED at a cop before arrest
Two new videos have surfaced in the bizarre arrest of Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell: one of him charging naked at an officer and another of him at a gym
earlier in the day.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- 12 Awesome Treadmill Deals To Help You Achieve Your 2022 Fitness Goals
Start putting together your home gym
(or upgrade your existing one) without breaking the bank thanks to these deeply discounted treadmill deals.
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Working from home makes people more stressed than being in the office, research claims
Research by UK-based workout company Fitness First found that people who work from home and don't work out on Mondays are more likely to feel tired than those who hit the gym
at the start of the week.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Lululemon taps former Amazon exec as new CEO of its at-home gym Mirror
Lululemon named former Amazon exec Michael Aragon as CEO of its at-home gym
business, Mirror, as it faces a lawsuit from Nike over the product.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Beyond The Treatment Center: Investing In Long-Term Addiction Recovery
Ian Acker, an entrepreneur in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction, founded a gym
in Salt Lake City called Fit to Recover.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Nike sues Lululemon for patent infringement over at-home Mirror gym and fitness apps
Nike filed a lawsuit accusing Lululemon of patent infringement over the apparel maker's at-home Mirror fitness device and related mobile applications.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Covid in Wales: Gym owners fear homelessness amid new restrictions
owners and bosses fear they will be destitute as social distancing rules are reintroduced.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 Dec 2021.
- ClassPass names 2021's top fitness and beauty trends ahead of new year
People have been taking care of their fitness and beauty needs this year with ClassPass, and the health club
aggregator believes that trend will continue into 2022.
Fox News. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- A Penny for Your Squats? A Tiny Monetary Award Motivated Hundreds to Exercise.
Among 52 incentives to exercise, giving people a 9-cent award if they returned to the gym
after missing a workout helped the most.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Dec 2021.
- Streamwood High School renames gym for retiring coach George Rosner
at Streamwood High School has been George Rosner's home for 41 years; now it's named after him.
ABC News. Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021.
- Man Sentenced to 41 Months for Assaulting Officer in Capitol Riot
The sentence given to Scott Fairlamb, a former New Jersey gym
owner, is the most severe so far for any of the more 650 people charged in the Jan. 6 attack.
New York Times. Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021.
- An 82-year-old pole vaulter still flying high
At the Texas Express gym
near Dallas, pole vaulter Don Isett is practicing his moves, having picked up the sport again five decades after an unremarkable high school career. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 7 Nov 2021.
- California business owner fights to keep employees on payroll
The CEO of a California health club
is trying to keep employees on the payroll, even while the club is shutdown during the coronavirus pandemic. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Oct 2021.
- Pure Gym close to shelving £1.5bn float amid market volatility
Pure Gym, Britain's biggest health and fitness club chain, is close to abandoning a £1.5bn stock market listing amid growing signs of jitters among investors.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Los Angeles passes one of the strictest COVID vaccine mandates in the US
The sweeping measure would require shots or negative COVID tests for everyone entering a bar, restaurant, nail salon, gym
or even a Lakers game.
ABC News. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
Health Clubs and Gyms News Headlines and News Summaries