This Health Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health care and healthcare news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Texas man, 30, dies after catching coronavirus at a 'COVID party,' thinking the virus was a hoax
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jane Appleby said the man, 30, died at the San Antonio, Texas, hospital after contracting coronavirus at a 'COVID party' he attended earlier.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Private hospital company NMC Health set to be sold
City sources said the administrators to NMC have appointed advisers from Perella Weinberg to find a buyer for Aspen Healthcare
as part of a break-up of the stricken company.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Asymptomatic cases detected in London NHS staff
Antibodies detected in 45% of healthcare
workers at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Tenet Healthcare Plunges 55.7% YTD: Will the Stock Rebound?
Even though Tenet Healthcare
(THC) endures the COVID-19 impact on global economy, it holds prospects to revive its fortunes with the help of its endeavors and strong fundamentals.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- 'Help at Home' home healthcare hiring 200 people in Chicago area, 400 to 600 in Illinois
It's an alternative to nursing homes and rehabilitation centers to keep family members in need recovering at home. And it's a company looking to hire hundreds of people right now.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Walmart quietly registers insurance business in its latest move into health care
The big-box retailer has opened primary-care clinics, made health-care acquisitions and spoken about its broader ambitions.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- About half of health care workers positive for COVID-19 by serology have no symptoms, study finds
A new study suggests that front-line health care
workers are at high risk for COVID-19 and that many health care
workers with the virus may not have typical symptoms of a respiratory infection.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Government says sorry to women 'ignored' by doctors
The health minister apologises to women, and their children, failed by healthcare
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Editorial: What part of birth control does the Supreme Court not think is preventive healthcare?
The Supreme Court's decision to allow almost any company to get out of offering health insurance for birth control betrays all women.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Biden-Sanders Task Forces Unveil Joint Goals for Party Unity
The groups, formed in May to tackle health care, immigration, education, criminal justice reform, climate change and the economy, sought to hammer out a policy road map to best defeat President Donald Trump.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Supreme Court upholds exemptions to Obamacare contraceptive mandate
The dispute before the court was the latest in a long-running dispute over a provision stemming from the Obama-era health care
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- As coronavirus cases surge, doctors and nurses fear shortage of PPE
Health care workers are afraid that there will be a shortage in personal protective equipment (PPE) as coronavirus surges in some states.
Fox News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Six Design Strategies To Reduce Healthcare Worker Stress During The Coronavirus Pandemic
Hospital design experts Ryan Hullinger and Sarah Markovitz explain the design changes to help healthcare
facilities reduce stress for workers during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- A nurse's plea: 'Please tell me my life is worth a LITTLE of your discomfort?'
workers on the front lines of the coronavirus crisis, encountering people who indignantly refuse face coverings can feel like a slap in the face.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- BD Unveils BD PurPrep Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation
By developing fully sterile PurPrep, BD (BDX) is offering health care
experts a more complete set of tools to mitigate the risk of intrinsic contamination in antiseptic solutions.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
Health Care Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries