This Health Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health care and healthcare news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- UnitedHealth (UNH) Offering to Meet Retirees' Post-Discharge Needs
UnitedHealth's (UNH) unit UnitedHealthcare to introduce an offering for providing post-discharge assistance to members of the company's Group Retiree Medicare Advantage plans.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- 3D Systems (DDD) Up More Than 14% as Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates
3D Systems' (DDD) overall Q1 results reflect robust performance of the healthcare
division and continued stabilization in the Industrial division which mainly drove year-over-year top-line growth.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Machines sent from U.S. saving lives in COVID-battered India
The need for help is beyond urgent as surging coronavirus infections cripple India's health care
system, and every life saved comes with a backdrop of grief.
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Crocs donating 50,000 shoes to healthcare workers
CROCS FOR HEROES! Crocs is donating 50,000 pairs of shoes to healthcare
workers starting today.
ABC News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Biden Administration Restores Rights for Transgender Patients
Officials invited people subject to health care
discrimination to file complaints. But formal rule-making will be needed before a Trump-era policy can be fully reversed.
New York Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- New health care company could shake up the industry
Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorgan Chase announced plans to create a new health care
company aimed at tackling rising insurance costs. CBS News business analyst Jill Schlesinger explains how it could impact the economy.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Hear Voices of Women Trailblazers in Science, Technology and Innovation
Ophthalmologist Patricia Bath worked to bring healthcare
to underserved communities and teach girls about STEM
Smithsonian. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Biden HHS reverses Trump-era policy limiting transgender health rights
The Department of Health and Human Services on Monday announced that it will protect against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in health care, reversing a Trump-era policy.
Fox News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- California woman charged in alleged $6M Medicare fraud scam
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. (AP) - A Southern California woman faces criminal charges after she created fake home health care
certifications leading to more than $6 million in fraudulent Medicare billings, federal authorities said. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- India's daily COVID death toll surpasses 4,000 for first time
The spiraling crisis is stretching India's health care
system beyond breaking point.
ABC News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- 4 Health Care Stocks To Watch This Week
With health care
being the center of attention globally, will these health care
stocks continue to grow?
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Philippines Covid surge throws country into disarray
A second Covid surge is putting renewed pressure on the country's healthcare
BBC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- 3 Tech Trends Reshaping the Healthcare Industry
It might seem ironic that one of the greatest paradigm changes in the healthcare
sector is being driven by one of the greatest health crises the world has ever seen, but it really isn't.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Even Less Incentive For Pharma To Innovate Threatens Global Health & Our Economy
The structure of the modern healthcare
ecosystem has already made a mess of the incentives facing pharmaceutical companies. Now without intellectual property protections for new vaccines, manufacturers have even less incentive to innovate.
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Fully vaccinated healthcare workers were up to 18 TIMES less likely to be infected, two studies find
In two new studies, just 0.4% and 1.8% of fully vaccinated healthcare
workers, respectively, contracted COVID-19 compared to 7.2% and 8.5%, respectively, of unvaccinated workers.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Health Care Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries