This Hardware news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about hardware news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Google may have just hit the 'kill switch' on Huawei's global smartphone ambitions
Google has suspended business activity involving the transfer of hardware, software and key technical services with Huawei.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Spotify begins testing Car Thing, a voice-activated device for vehicles
Spotify is getting into the hardware business - but only on a very limited basis.The streaming service is about to begin publicly testing its first hardware
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- iOS 13 likely to drop support for a lot of older hardware
iOS 11 and 12 have been kind to those running older iPhones and iPads, not only giving older devices extra time but also a performance boost. But a report suggests that iOS 13 will drop support for a number of older iPhones and iPads.
ZDNet. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Brazilian ERP firm Totvs sells hardware business to Elgin
Bematech had been acquired in 2015 for $137 million and was sold for $6.2 million; the firm wants to focus on software and capitalize on the fintech trend.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Knape & Vogt recalls 76,000 sit-stand office workstations
Hardware, shelving, storage unit and components manufacturer Knape & Vogt Manufacturing Co. has recalled about 76,000 office work stations due to a possible injury hazard. ...
Furniture Today. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- New security flaw in Intel chips could affect millions
Intel has revealed another hardware security flaw that could affects millions of machines around the world
ABC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Intel announces another security flaw in chips
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) - Intel has revealed another hardware security flaw that could affects millions of machines around the world. The chipmaker said Tuesday there's no evidence of anyone exploiting the bug. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- OnePlus 7 Pro is big, blue and budget friendly - CNET
Featuring a 90Hz display, three rear cameras and a superfast processor, the OnePlus 7 Pro packs a ton of hardware for under $700.
CNET. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- The Cloud Is Creating Head Winds For Security Appliance Vendors
Symantec reports that its security hardware sales are lackluster in the face of increasing pressure from cloud delivered services. This is an early warning in the market for the hardware security vendors.
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- TiVo's (TIVO) Q1 Suffers Loss, Revenues Meet Mark & Decline Y/Y
TiVo's (TIVO) first-quarter results are hit by zero contribution from the Legacy TiVo Time Warp IP deals and a strategic decline in sales of hardware and analog products.
Zacks. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Chinese video streaming giant iQiyi launches $300 virtual reality headset
Controling the hardware and content may allow iQiyi to engage with users in a unique way.
CNBC. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Step towards light-based, brain-like computing chip
Scientists have succeeded in developing a piece of hardware which could pave the way for creating computers resembling the human brain. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Fluke T6-1000 Electrical Tester Wins 2019 Best New Product Award at MCEE
EVERETT, Wash. - The Fluke T6-1000 Electrical Tester wins the 2019 Best New Product Award in the Protective Tools, Hardware, and Equipment category at the MCEE Show.
Business Wire. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Google bucks soaring smartphone prices with new Pixel
Google bucked the soaring smartphone price trend Tuesday, unveiling a high-performance Pixel handset aimed at the middle of the market as part of a wide-ranging pitch to developers of its new hardware, software and privacy efforts. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- This rogue Tesla enthusiast helps keep unsupported cars on the road - Roadshow
In this video, Rich Benoit hangs out with a guy named Phil who fixes one of Tesla's most common hardware flaws.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
Nuts and bolts hardware
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries