This Gymnastic news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about gymnastic and gymnast news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Former San Jose State gymnasts, trainers stand behind ex-coach accused of emotional abuse
More than 70 former San Jose State gymnasts, their parents and trainers support former coach Wayne Wright, who has been accused of emotional abuse.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 22 Aug 2022.
- European Championships: Great Britain win team gymnastics gold - highlights
Watch as Great Britain's James Hall, Joe Fraser, Jake Jarman, Courtney Tulloch and Giarnni Regini-Moran win gold in the artistic gymnastics men's team final at the European Championships in Munich.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Aug 2022.
- European Championships Munich 2022: Great Britain's gymnasts claim stunning men's team gold
Great Britain dominate with a stunning performance in the gymnastics men's team final at the European Championships in Munich.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Aug 2022.
- San Jose State gymnasts endured coach's emotional abuse on top of trainer's sexual abuse, athlete says
Amy LeClair's account of sexual abuse by San Jose State trainer Scott Shaw brought to light allegations against former coach Wayne Wright.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022.
- The U.S. Imposes New Sanctions on Russians, Including a Woman Close to Putin.
Many of the targets are already under sanctions imposed by the European Union and Britain. One is Alina Kabaeva, a former Olympic gymnast
believed to be the romantic partner of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.
New York Times. Wednesday, 3 Aug 2022.
- US sanctions Putin's 'gymnast lover girlfriend' and the 'mother of his two children' Alina Kabaeva
The U.S. imposed sanctions on Alina Kabaeva on Tuesday, a former Olympic gymnast
who is believed to have a secret family with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 2 Aug 2022.
- Latest Round Of U.S. Sanctions Targets Metals Company, Former Olympic Gymnast Tied To Putin
A new round of U.S. sanctions announced on August 2 targets a major Russian metals company and a woman closely linked to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 2 Aug 2022.
- Clay Stephens: Gymnast born with one pectoral muscle competes at Commonwealth Games
Clay Stephens, 25, was told from a young age he would never be able to compete in a range of upper body-focused sports after being diagnosed with Poland Syndrome.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 31 Jul 2022.
- Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles among 17 to be awarded Medal of Freedom from Biden
The president will present the nation's highest civilian honor to 17 people next week, including actor Denzel Washington, gymnast
Simone Biles and the late John McCain.
ABC News. Friday, 1 Jul 2022.
- Larry Nassar's last appeal in sexual assault scandal rejected by Michigan Supreme Court
Larry Nassar, who was sentenced to decades in prison for sexually assaulting gymnasts, lost an appeal at the Michigan Supreme Court Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 17 Jun 2022.
- 'Starved, body shamed and punished' - British Gymnastics rocked by abuse report
Young gymnasts were starved and made to hang from the rings in punishment as part of an abusive culture in British Gymnastics, according to a damning new report.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 Jun 2022.
- Larry Nassar abuse survivors seeking $1 billion from FBI
Former Olympic gymnasts, including Simone Biles, are among dozens of sexual abuse victims seeking $1 billion from the FBI, claiming it moved too slowly to stop disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar from abusing them. Jeff Pegues reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jun 2022.
- Nassar Victims, Including Simone Biles, Suing F.B.I. for Early Investigative Failures
The plaintiffs say the former U.S.A. Gymnastics doctor abused them after the bureau failed to act. The suits come after the Justice Department declined to prosecute the agents accused of bungling the inquiry.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jun 2022.
- Simone Biles among Olympic gymnasts seeking more than $1B from FBI over sports doctor Larry Nassar
Simone Biles is among the gymnasts seeking more than $1 billion from the FBI for failing to stop sports doctor Larry Nassar, despite knowing that he was accused of assaulting gymnasts.
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 Jun 2022.
- Russian gymnast gets 1-year ban for wearing pro-Ukraine war symbol "Z"
Ivan Kuliak taped the "Z" symbol his vest for a medal ceremony at a World Cup event in March.
CBS News. Wednesday, 18 May 2022.
Gymnastics Instruction News Headlines and News Summaries