This Grocery Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about grocery stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Maryland man arrested for stabbing woman with a syringe at the entrance to a supermarket
Thomas Stemen was arrested on February 25 for assault and reckless endangerment after police said he stabbed a women with a syringe in a Maryland grocery store.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Hazardous waste or edible food?
According to new research, more drive and novel and creative solutions are needed in retailing to tackle bread waste. Grocery stores could reduce bread waste by making the most of technology, marketing methods and engagement.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Shocking moment man 'sticks woman with a syringe' at the entrance to a Maryland supermarket
During a brazen attack, a woman appears to have been poked by a syringe while walking into a grocery store, according to law enforcement officials.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Amazon is opening its first full-size, cashierless grocery store. Here's a first look inside
Amazon is cracking further into the $800 billion U.S. grocery industry, keeping the likes of Walmart, Kroger, 7-Eleven and Instacart on their toes.
CNBC. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Amazon Opens First Cashierless Grocery Store In Seattle
The store will only have employees to stock shelves and provide customer service
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Amazon Opens First Big 'Go' Grocery Store in Seattle
It's four times larger than Amazon's first cashierless store and aimed at serving residential neighborhoods.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Amazon Opens First Cashierless Grocery Store. What Next For Whole Foods?
A larger version of the Amazon Go cashierless convenience store will open in Seattle on Tuesday, stocking fresh produce for the first time.
Forbes. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Amazon Go Grocery brings fresh produce to the cashierless shopping experience - CNET
Amazon is bringing its "just walk out" retail concept to a grocery store. How'd you like them apples?
CNET. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Supreme Oreos Are Selling For $4,000 On eBay
The exclusive cookie isn't currently sold in grocery stores.
Forbes. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- 6-year-old girl finds note with $100 at grocery store: 'Whoever finds this, I love you'
This kid better not expect this to happen every time she goes to the grocery store.
Fox News. Sunday, 16 Feb 2020.
- Worried about food recalls? Don't count on your grocery store
Most large supermarket chains fail when it comes to alerting shoppers to potential hazards, consumer group says.
CBS News. Wednesday, 12 Feb 2020.
- 'Grocery delivery wars' expected to create boom in online food shopping
Grocery store deliveries offer consumers convenience, and there is a race among stores for who will provide the ultimate experience.
CBC News. Wednesday, 5 Feb 2020.
- Earth Fare closing all its grocery stores in 10 states
The 45-year-old organic supermarket chain is the third U.S. grocer to close shop or seek a buyer in recent weeks.
CBS News. Monday, 3 Feb 2020.
- Lawsuit: Woman reported sexual harassment, then got fired
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - A grocery store
worker in North Carolina who says she was fired after reporting sexual harassment at work has filed a federal lawsuit against the company. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Grocery Secrets for Better Shopping
Your grocery store
is full of tricks and secrets that can prevent you from getting the best products. Reader's Digest decided to get to the bottom of things by chatting with people behind the scenes.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
Grocery Stores News Headlines and News Summaries