This Grocery Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about grocery stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- $1 Billion Lottery Prize Ticket Was Sold in Michigan
An unidentified person bought the Mega Millions ticket at a grocery store
in Novi, Mich. It was the third-biggest jackpot in U.S. history.
New York Times. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Unmarked NYPD car seen without its tires and a ransacked interior after it was stolen for three days
The Ford Taurus, part of the Bronx Special Victims Unit, had last been seen parked outside of a local grocery store
at East 167 and Fox Streets on Tuesday.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- 1,800 Instacart workers laid off. No one agrees on who fired them.
Delivery company says it's cutting workers at the request of grocery stores. Stores say they weren't consulted.
CBS News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Buffalo grocery store pulls Kansas City BBQ sauce before AFC Championship game
Dash's Market has reportedly pledged to pull a Kansas City-branded barbecue sauce before the the AFC Championship Game on Sunday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- 3 Supermarket Stocks to Put in Your Cart
What to shop for when your shopping for grocery store
Entrepreneur. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Biden on vaccine: Emphasize over age 65, front-line workers
President-elect Joseph R. Biden released a vaccination plan Friday that says people 65 and older and front-line workers such as grocery store
employees should be given priority for protection against the coronavirus. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- This young man went to the supermarket for food and was vaccinated against Covid-19
In Washington, a law student was just shopping at the grocery store, but unexpectedly received a dose of the coronavirus vaccine.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Massachusetts cop buys Christmas dinner for women caught stealing groceries
When a Massachusetts cop saw the list of things two women were trying to steal from a grocery store
five days before Christmas, their situation touched his heart.
Fox News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- CDC Committee Recommends Essential Workers, Elderly Should Get Coronavirus Vaccine Next
Teachers, grocery store
workers and police officers should be prioritized, panelists said.
Forbes. Sunday, 20 Dec 2020.
- Panel votes to put people 75 and older, essential workers next in line for COVID-19 vaccine
These essential workers include firefighters, teachers and grocery store
ABC News. Sunday, 20 Dec 2020.
- 5 Holiday Wishes For Retail In 2021
A Facebook and Instagram marriage, a bigger Amazon Go grocery store
-- those are just a few of the things on 2021's Retail Holiday Wish List.
Forbes. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Save A Lot closes grocery store in Austin food desert
The loss of the Save-A-Lot store in the city's Austin neighborhood could create an even bigger food desert for that area, creating an even bigger challenge for residents.
ABC News. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- SoCal cities consider renewed 'hero pay' for grocery store workers amid COVID-19 surge
The Long Beach City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to draft an urgent ordinance mandating an extra $4 per hour for grocery store
workers for at least the next 120 days. Other cities are considering similar measures.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- Here's when the Covid vaccine could be available at your neighborhood drugstore, grocery store
CVS Health and Walgreens officials say they hope to give Covid-19 shots to the general public in the early spring.
CNBC. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Disabled Marine veteran 'was pummeled by two men after he told them to wear masks'
Daniel Troublefield, 43, of Ocean Shores, Washington, was at a local grocery store
on Sunday night when he noticed two other shoppers maskless inside the building. He claims they assaulted him.
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
Grocery Stores News Headlines and News Summaries