This Grocery Store news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about grocery stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man seen knocking down 88-year-old woman outside of Houston grocery store
Surveillance video shows a man near a flower cart hit Mary Rutkowsky, knocking her to the ground outside the Buffalo Speedway store in early March.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- How Chef Suzy DeYoung Is Serving More Than 343,564 Meals To Families In Need
Suzy DeYoung, executive director and founder of La Soupe Cincinnati, has created an organization that rescues wasted produce from grocery stores to create delicious and highly-nutritious meals. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Most Dangerous States to Drive In
Each day thousands of Americans hop into their vehicles and drive to work, to the grocery store, or to wherever they need to be.
Newsmax. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Accused grocery store shooter ruled incompetent for trial
A judge has ruled that a man accused of killing two black people at a Kentucky grocery store is not mentally competent to stand trial on state charges, but that could change.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- St. Louis-area cop indicted for shooting shoplifting suspect
A suburban St. Louis police officer who says she meant to use her stun gun but mistakenly grabbed her service revolver has been indicted for shooting a suspected shoplifter outside a grocery store
ABC News. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Birmingham considers roving stores to fill food gaps
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Birmingham is considering whether to allow mobile grocery stores to fill a gap in residential areas where healthy food options aren't available. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 28 Apr 2019.
- Grocery delivery and pickup are changing how we buy food for the better - CNET
Commentary: Grocery stores are turning to delivery services and curbside pickup, some even powered by robots and autonomous vehicles. The future is cartless, and I'm here for it.
CNET. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
- Surveillance cameras NYPD cops throwing restaurant delivery driver, 19, to the ground
The driver, whose name was given only as Chris by his lawyer, had gone to the grocery store to pick up supplies for the restaurant where he works in Brooklyn.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Oregon House approves ban on plastic checkout bags
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - The Oregon House approved a statewide ban on single-use plastic shopping bags. Lawmakers voted 42-18 Thursday to prohibit large retailers and grocery stores from offering plastic checkout bags. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- CDC warns of salmonella outbreak linked to raw tuna
"Consumers who order sushi made with raw tuna, including 'spicy tuna,' from a restaurant or grocery store should ask if the tuna is supplied by Jensen Tuna," the CDC says
CBS News. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Metro grocery stores in Quebec will allow customers to shop with reusable containers
Sylvain Charlebois, a professor in food distribution and policy at Dalhousie University, says Metro is the first major grocery store chain in Canada to allow reusable containers.
CBC News. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
- CDC suspects ground beef is the source of recent E. coli outbreak
The agency said it is looking at the grocery stores and restaurants where people said they ate beef just before they fell ill to try to find the source.
CNBC. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- Amazon's Whole Foods could be a fit for 110 old Sears stores, BMO says
Your local, shuttered Sears or Kmart store could soon turn into a grocery store, according to one investment group.
CNBC. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Beyond paper straws: More hacks for reducing plastic at home
To help the environment by cutting down on non-compostable plastics, many people have begun saying no to plastic straws and are bringing reusable bags to the grocery store instead of accepting new plastic ones. ...
Fox News. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- What I Wanted to Tell the Woman With Cancer Buying Bananas at Wegmans
A woman who had cancer shares what she would have liked to tell the woman at the grocery store who also had cancer.
Yahoo. Friday, 5 Apr 2019.
Pushing a cart down a grocery store aisle
Related Directory Page(s)
Grocery Stores News Headlines and News Summaries