This Grocery Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about grocery stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 2 food drives aim to give basic supplies to families struggling with food insecurity during COVID-19 pandemic
Two food drives are being help Saturday help families get basic supplies while convenience and grocery stores
are slowly re-opening or permanently closed.
ABC News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- This MIT robot combats COVID-19 and may soon be in your grocery store
This robot can kill roughly 90% of COVID-19 on surfaces in a 4,000 square foot space in 30 minutes.
Yahoo. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- 7 out of 10 Americans believe grocery shopping will permanently change due to coronavirus pandemic
Nearly seven in 10 Americans believe that the traditional grocery store
run will be a thing of the past due to COVID-19, according to new research.
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- New photos show suspects in Lancaster beating, robbery
The sheriff's department has released new photos of a man and a possible female accomplice involved in a vicious beating and robbery of an 80-year-old grandfather at a Lancaster grocery store.
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- When COVID-19 cut off supplies to a remote Alaska town, a hometown hero stepped up
When a remote Alaska town's ferry shut down due to COVID-19 concerns, Toshua Parker, owner of the town's only grocery store, stepped up to transport supplies. He makes a 14-hour trip weekly. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Texas county threatens to arrest positive COVID-19 residents who don't quarantine
The announcement comes after community members told the county attorney they saw people who tested positive at grocery stores
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- One-third of small businesses including grocery stores and restaurants struggling to hire new staff
Thirty-two percent of business owners surveyed in the National Federation of Independent Business' June Jobs Report indicated that they have openings they can't fill, up nine percent from May.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Sustainable produce supplier Apeel lands deal with Wakefern grocery stores
Apeel will bring limes to Wakefern Food grocery stores
in July. The deal is striving to save 1.4 million limes from going bad each year.
CNBC. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Woman has profane meltdown at Texas grocery store over mask policy, filmed throwing items from her cart
In video footage of the incident, the woman is seen cursing and taking items out of her cart and throwing them on the ground.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Beyond Meat enters grocery stores in mainland China through Alibaba partnership
Beyond Meat announced Tuesday that Alibaba's Freshippo grocery stores
would start selling its meatless burger patties.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Woman Tosses Groceries in Face Mask Tirade
Another outburst over required face coverings has been captured on camera. This time, at an Oak Cliff grocery store
where a shopper lashed out after reportedly refusing to keep her face mask on inside the building.
NBC. Monday, Jun 29 2020.
- How nuisance abatement laws played a role in George Floyd's death
A grocery store
worker called police to report a man used a counterfeit $20 bill, leading to the confrontation that ended in George Floyd's death. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Central Market to Require Masks in All DFW Locations
Central Market will require the use of masks or face coverings for all partners, vendors and customers in 9 locations starting Monday, June 22, the grocery store
company announced in a statement.
NBC. Monday, Jun 22 2020.
- New Yorkers chase shopper out of crowded Staten Island grocery store because she wasn't wearing mask
A viral video shows at least five customers berating a woman inside a grocery store
in Staten Island because she wasn't wearing any face covering, despite state requirements.
Daily Mail. Monday, 25 May 2020.
- How Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Looks Just Ahead of Q2 Earnings
Favorable demand for poultry products in the retail grocery stores
is likely to have reflected in Sanderson Farms' (SAFM) Q2 performance. However, high costs might be a concern.
Zacks. Friday, 22 May 2020.
Grocery Stores News Headlines and News Summaries