This Greeting news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greetings from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Brad Pitt calls Joe Biden 'a president for all Americans' in World Series campaign ad
The 60-second campaign ad titled 'Make Life Better' features Brad Pitt's voice over heartwarming footage of Joe Biden greeting
voters of all ages with hugs, handshakes and high-fives.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Thai king 'is secretly taken to hospital at 2am a week after bodyguard tested positive for Covid-19'
After days of pro-democracy protests on the streets of Thailand, King Maha Vajiralongkorn and his wife Queen Suthida were pictured greeting
royalist followers thronged outside the Grand Palace.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Online retailer Moonpig sends greeting to London stock market
An online greeting
cards retailer which has thrived during the coronavirus pandemic is exploring a stock market flotation that would crystallise big gains for its backers.
Sky News. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Banksy loses legal fight against greeting card firm over trademark of one of his own pieces
Banksy has lost a legal battle with a greeting
card company over the trademark of one of his pieces, with a ruling from Europe saying that the artist's anonymity hurt his case.
Sky News. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- Banksy loses battle with greetings card firm over 'flower bomber' trademark
The elusive artist was "inconsistent with honest practices" in the case, EU authorities say.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- Send a Birthday Greeting to the United States' Oldest Living WWII Veteran
The National World War II Museum is asking well-wishers to send cards to Lawrence Brooks, who turns 111 this September
Smithsonian. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy: 'I'll submit that I know very little about postage stamps'
"I'll submit that I know very little about a postage stamp," Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said when asked about postage rates for a greeting
Yahoo. Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020.
- From Handshakes to Fist Bumps: The Future of the Business Greeting
On the future of handshakes, fist bumps and even footshakes.
New York Times. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- U.K. Museum Reimagines Classic Art With Face Masks
The Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge has released greeting
cards of six paintings adapted for this "most unusual year"
Smithsonian. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Common Misconceptions About Love
Do 50 percent of marriages really end in divorce? Was Valentine's Day invented by greeting
card companies? In this episode of Misconceptions, we take a deep dive into misunderstandings surrounding love.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Spock's Vulcan salute as greeting reportedly spreads to Congress - CNET
Some Star Trek actors also are on board, but William Shatner has a different idea.
CNET. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- Your guide to new, 'touchless' greetings
Especially if you're someone who travels frequently, meeting new people from new places, it feels important to offer some sort of physical gesture. And what's the etiquette for turning down a handshake anyway?
CNBC. Friday, 6 Mar 2020.
- North Korea says leaders' relations not enough after Trump sends birthday wishes to Kim
North Korea has received birthday greetings
to its leader Kim Jong Un from U.S. President Donald Trump, according to a statement published on Saturday.
CNBC. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
Greeting Cards News Headlines and News Summaries