This Greeting news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greetings from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Long Kiss Goodbye: Will Covid End the French Bise Forever?
Social distancing made the cheek kiss a much rarer greeting, and polling suggests it may stay that way. Some say good riddance, but others miss the warmth of times past.
New York Times. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- How to Navigate Post-Covid In-Person Business Greetings
Some people are huggers; some people are not. How do you navigate business greetings
in a post-Covid world when the social rules are not clear?
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Moonpig shares suffer worst slump despite revenue doubling during COVID lockdowns
Moonpig, the online greeting
card and gift retailer, has suffered its worst intraday share price slump despite reporting a doubling of annual revenue thanks to lockdown restrictions on shoppers.
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Budapest prepares for Pride but for many LGBT+ people it is a worrying time to be in Hungary
As she walks down the street to greet us, Dora Duro raises a hand of greeting.
Sky News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Lufthansa to replace 'ladies and gentlemen' greeting for passengers with gender-neutral alternative
A spokesman for Europe's largest airline group said the move was intended to make all passengers on board feel welcome, including those who do not identify as male or female.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Vatican: Pope to deliver Sunday blessing from Rome hospital
Pope Francis will follow in the footsteps of St. John Paul II and deliver his weekly Sunday blessing and greeting
from the Rome hospital where he is recovering from intestinal surgery, the Vatican said Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Why Leverage Captive Portals To Uncover Hidden Customers
Captive portals are the process of identifying and interacting with guest users upon their connection to a Wi-Fi signal. Digitally, this is no different than greeting
customers as they enter a store or verifying a ticket at the gate.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Disney sparks backlash as it changes 'boys and girls' greeting to 'dreamers of all ages'
came to light at a preview for Orlando theme park's 'Happily Ever After' fireworks display on Wednesday, but it is believed the change has been made across the Disney empire.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Banksy copyright is removed from his works to make greeting cards
Banksy lost the rights to several of his works for refusing to reveal his identity. Now, the images he created to criticize the system will be sold as birthday cards and the like.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- Euro 2020: Scotland captain Andy Robertson's gift box gesture brings us 'even closer' - Kevin Nisbet
Captain Andy Robertson is hailed for greeting
team-mates with a box of Scottish-themed gifts as they assemble for the Euro 2020 finals.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- French man gets 4-month prison sentence for slapping Macron
Damien Tarel was quickly arrested after the swipe that caught Macron's left cheek with an audible thwack on Tuesday, as the French leader was greeting
ABC News. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- French President Emmanuel Macron slapped in face while greeting crowd
French police have two people in custody after French President Emmanuel Macron was slapped in the face while greeting
a crowd. Read more here.
CBS News. Tuesday, 8 Jun 2021.
- Overseas military members send holiday greetings to family back home
More than 240,000 U.S service members are deployed in foreign countries this holiday season, but many have found creative ways to reunite with family, evening managing to appear with them in family photos. Here are some of their greetings.
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- Biden announces 6 executive orders on gun control, nominates new ATF boss | LIVE
the families of gun violence victims and activists, Biden assured them: "We're absolutely determined to make change."
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- Reopening L.A. restaurants: Workers brace for "whole new ballgame" as shifts move indoors
Wait staff and workers at Los Angeles County restaurants reopening to indoor diners starting Monday are bracing for the added COVID-19 risk as they resume shifts inside. Those vaccinated are greeting
customers with a sense of relief.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 15 Mar 2021.
Greeting Cards News Headlines and News Summaries