This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A new material for separating CO2 from industrial waste gases, natural gas, or biogas
With a new material, the greenhouse
gas carbon dioxide (CO2) can be specifically separated from industrial waste gases, natural gas, or biogas, and thereby made available for recycling. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Paper recycling must be powered by renewables to save climate
The study found that greenhouse
gas emissions would increase by 2050 if we recycled more paper, as current methods rely on fossil fuels and electricity from the grid.
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Chicago restaurants use igloos, greenhouses to extend outdoor dining during COVID-19 pandemic
Restaurants across Chicago are using igloos, greenhouses, heaters and more to extend their outdoor dining service even as cold weather arrives.
ABC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Proterra Raises $200 Million From Investors Led By Cowen Sustainable Advisors
Proterra vehicles produce zero tailpipe emissions and decrease dependency on fossil fuels. Each time a Proterra battery-electric bus replaces a diesel vehicle, greenhouse
gas emissions are reduced by more than 200,000 pounds.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Panera Bread menu to highlight meals with lower carbon footprints
Panera is labeling climate-friendly meals in an effort to reduce greenhouse
gas emissions from food by 2030.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Investors urge heavy carbon emitters to set science-based reduction targets
Investors managing around $20 trillion in assets on Tuesday called on the heaviest corporate emitters of greenhouse
gases to set science-based targets on the way to net zero carbon emissions by mid-century. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Bubbles, tents and greenhouses: Restaurants get creative to keep outdoor diners warm
Restaurants are using bubbles, tents and greenhouses
to extend the life of outdoor dining and keep customers warm.
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Fertiliser use is fuelling climate-warming nitrous oxide emissions - study
The rising use of nitrogen-based fertilisers is driving up global emissions of nitrous oxide, a lesser-known greenhouse
gas, complicating efforts to limit climate change, scientists reported in a study on Wednesday. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Emissions of greenhouse gas nitrous oxide soaring due to fertiliser
Annually, humans now create 7.3 trillion grams (Tg) of nitrogen a year and more than half (3.8 trillion grams [3.8Tg]) comes directly from agriculture.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Leaked documents reveal ExxonMobil plans to increase emissions 17 percent by 2025
According to leaked documents, ExxonMobil plans to increase greenhouse
gasses by 17 percent by 2025. That's an extra 23 million tons of CO2 annually or the entire output of Greece.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Colorado governor proposes to cut greenhouse gases, remove all gas powered vehicles
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis released a plan to cut greenhouse
gas emissions and meet environmentally conscious targets.
Fox News. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- California To Ban New Gas-Powered Cars By 2035
The state says banning new gas-powered passenger vehicles will lower dangerous greenhouse
emissions by 35%.
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Amazon Invests in 5 Companies to Focus on Carbon Neutrality
Amazon (AMZN) has recently invested in five companies in a bid to focus on technologies that are likely to reduce greenhouse
Zacks. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- Why forest fires in Siberia, Russia threaten us all
Scientists say wildfires in Siberia, Russia, have been releasing record amounts of greenhouse
gases, contributing to global warming.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- Top EU official proposes new 2030 target to reduce emissions
BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union's top official proposed a more ambitious target Wednesday for cutting greenhouse
gas emissions in Europe, setting a reduction goal of at least 55% by 2030 compared to the current target of 40%. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries