This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Editorial: Climate change is driving extreme floods, wildfires and heat. Will the world meet the moment?
Developed countries are moving too slowly to slash greenhouse
gas emissions and fight climate change.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Men have a bigger carbon footprint than women because they purchase high-emitting goods
Single men, on average, produce 16% more greenhouse
emissions than single women, despite males only spending two percent more on goods, a new study reveals.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Men's spending responsible for more climate-heating emissions than women's, study finds
Men are responsible for 16% more greenhouse
gases from the goods they buy than women are, even when they spend a similar amount overall, according to a new study.
Sky News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- China's New Carbon Market, the World's Largest: What to Know
The program may help China eventually curb greenhouse
gas pollution. But making emissions markets work is tricky.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Sale of new diesel and petrol HGVs to be banned after 2040
There will be no new diesel or petrol heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) sold after 2040 as part of a government plan to decarbonise the transport sector, the UK's largest contributor to greenhouse
Sky News. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- A Controversial Bitcoin Mining Operation Has Made a New York Lake 'So Warm You Feel Like You're in a Hot Tub'
Local residents say a power plant is heating Seneca Lake and emitting huge amounts of greenhouse
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- TELUS (TU) Reaffirms Sustainability Goals With Bond Framework
TELUS (TU) is bolstering its previously announced commitment to reducing absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse
gas emissions by 46% by 2030, starting from 2019.
Zacks. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Scotland's greenhouse gas emissions target missed again
Scottish government figures for 2019 show emissions fell 51.5% against the baseline, well short of the 55% target.
BBC News. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Nato and climate change: How big is the problem?
Allied members have agreed to "significantly reduce greenhouse
gas emissions from military activities".
BBC News. Monday, 14 Jun 2021.
- Biotechnology Is Replacing Petrochemicals With Identical, Sustainable Materials
Using petrochemicals in everyday products has an enormous impact on our environment. The manufacturing process creates greenhouse
gas emissions, waste, and pollution. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- Ashland (ASH) Launches Synthetic Thickeners for Waterborne Paints
Ashland (ASH) introduces new synthetic thickeners that feature light shipments and zero residual waste and will go a long way in positively impacting the environment by reducing greenhouse
Zacks. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- Flying and Climate: Airlines Under Pressure to Cut Emissions
The airline industry might not be able to reduce greenhouse
gas emissions for decades because most solutions are not yet viable.
New York Times. Wednesday, 2 Jun 2021.
- Climate change: warming effect of greenhouse gases 'has been overestimated', ice core study suggests
Ice cores from Antarctica, which have trapped within ancient soot particles from Africa, Australia and South America, were analysed by Harvard-led researchers, revealing a smokier past than thought.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 May 2021.
- Court Pressures Shell And The Oil Industry To Adjust To Climate Change
The court ruling is that Shell has to comply with the Paris Agreement as well as local greenhouse
emission laws, and the implications could be far-reaching.
Forbes. Thursday, 27 May 2021.
- Race for world's first commercially viable electric plane: The battle for "Tesla of the skies"
Of all the major industries that spew out planet-warming greenhouse
gasses, one stands out as unfixable - so far. Fossil fuel power plants can be replaced with wind and solar power. One can switch to electric cars. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 19 May 2021.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries