This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How to get more electric cars on the road
Researchers reveal the kinds of infrastructure improvements that would make the biggest difference in increasing the number of electric cars on the road, a key step toward reducing greenhouse
gas emissions from transportation.
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- TC Energy (TRP) Unveils Net-Zero Emission Plan for Keystone XL
TC Energy's (TRP) Keystone XL operations will be entirely powered by renewable energy sources by 2030, which will help reduce greenhouse
Zacks. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- President Biden, Spare That Pipeline
Blocking the Keystone XL pipeline would be a populist move, but probably increase greenhouse
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Pepsico Pledges Net-Zero Emissions By 2040
PepsiCo pledged to reduce greenhouse
gas (GHG) emissions across its value chain by more than 40% before 2030 and to reach net-zero by 2040, a decade earlier than called for in the Paris Agreement.
Forbes. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Northern lakes at risk of losing ice cover permanently, impacting drinking water
Close to 5,700 lakes in the Northern Hemisphere may permanently lose ice cover this century, 179 of them in the next decade, at current greenhouse
gas emissions, despite a possible polar vortex this year, researchers have found. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Covid Took a Bite From U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions in 2020
Emissions plunged more than 10 percent. If the trend can be sustained, it would put the United States within striking distance of one of its major goals under the Paris climate agreement.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Climate change: US emissions in 2020 in biggest fall since WWII
gas emissions tumbled below their 1990 level last year, because of Covid-19 shutdowns.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- 2020 ties with 2016 as world's hottest year on record
The grim records also confirm 2010-2020 as the hottest decade ever recorded. Global warming driven by greenhouse
gases such as carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- UGI Corp. (UGI) Set to Buy Mountaintop Energy for $540M
UGI Corp. (UGI) reaches an agreement to purchase Mountaintop Energy for $540 million. The deal will aid its activities in the mid-Atlantic region and also curtail methane and greenhouse
Zacks. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- Environment: Organic meat produces the same amount of greenhouse gas emissions as regular meat
Researchers from Germany calculate the emissions produced during the manufacture of regular and organic meat, as well as plant-based foodstuffs.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- Creating animal food from a greenhouse gas
Animal feed is often transported thousands of miles so scientists are looking at new production methods.
BBC News. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Exxon Mobil begins defense of itself, and a Big Oil future, as activists circle
Exxon Mobil unveiled a new plan to reduce greenhouse
gas emissions through 2025 as activist investor pressure on the oil giant tied to climate change mounts.
CNBC. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Local NJ farm grows over 40,000 poinsettias ahead of the holidays
The emblematic Christmas flower, the poinsettia, is grown by the thousands at the family-owned and operated Lennon Farm Greenhouses
in Tabernacle, New Jersey.
ABC News. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- E.U. Agrees to Cut Emissions by 2030 in New Climate Deal
The agreement calls for European Union countries to cut their collective greenhouse
gas emissions by 55 percent from 1990 levels, a more substantial reduction than previously proposed.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- UK announces 'ambitious' plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 68%
According to Alok Sharma, the U.K.'s business and energy secretary, the new target reflects both the urgency and scale of the challenge facing our planet.
CNBC. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries