This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Agriculture - a climate villain? Maybe not!
The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claims that agriculture is one of the main sources of greenhouse
gases, and is thus by many observers considered as a climate villain.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Immigrant workers at Michigan greenhouse: We were cheated, tricked into deportation
Migrants from Mexico came to Michigan to work at a greenhouse, but were cheated of pay and tricked into being detained, according to a lawsuit.
Yahoo. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Oil major Shell to write down up to $22 billion of assets in second quarter
News of the charges, in the range of $15 billion-$22 billion, follow the energy company's plans to reduce greenhouse
gas emissions to net zero by 2050.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- South Pole is warming THREE TIMES faster than rest of world
A 'double whammy' of increase in greenhouse
gasses and weather shifts explain why Antarctica is bearing the brunt of climate change, Victoria University researchers claim.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Hi-tech greenhouses to supply UK stores with food
will use AI and waste heat from water treatment works in a world-first.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Steep NYC traffic toll would reduce gridlock, pollution
Research shows that by creating steep tolls for cars to enter Manhattan, traffic congestion and greenhouse
gas emissions could be reduced.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Amazon to Invest $2 Billion, Focus on Carbon Neutrality
Amazon (AMZN) announces that it is set to create $2 billion venture-capital fund in a bid to focus on technologies that will reduce greenhouse
Zacks. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Eni Buys 3 Onshore Wind Farms in Italy to Cut Carbon Emission
With this acquisition, Eni (E) makes a significant progress in its decarbonization process. This is expected to significantly reduce its net emissions of greenhouse
gases by 2050.
Zacks. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Lyft Pledges to Go All-Electric by 2030
The aim is to reduce greenhouse
gas emissions and fuel consumption.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- First glimpse at future of eating out in UK in greenhouses
The Cartford Inn in Little Eccleston, Lancashire, said it had taken inspiration from Mediamatic in Amsterdam, which launched 'quarantine greenhouses' last month.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Power sector problems see greenhouse gas target missed
Problems in the power sector saw Scotland's greenhouse
gas emissions rise by 1.5% in 2018.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Unilever to invest 1 billion euros in climate change fund over 10 years
Unilever Plc said on Monday it will invest 1 billion euros in a fund to invest in climate change projects and reduce to net zero greenhouse
gas emissions from all its products by 2039, 11 years ahead of the Paris Agreement deadline.
Reuters. Sunday, 14 Jun 2020.
- Sea level rise could wipe out mangrove forests by 2050, study says
Mangrove forests could drown under rising seas by 2050 if more is not done to curb greenhouse
gas emissions, according to a new study.
Fox News. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- UK approves plan to develop the country's largest solar farm in the south of England
U.K. government is targeting net zero greenhouse
gas emissions by the year 2050.
CNBC. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- Australia's greenhouse gas emissions fall slightly in 2019
gas emissions fell just 0.9% in 2019 as increasing emissions from liquefied natural gas (LNG) export plants largely offset declines in the power and farm sectors, government data showed on Friday.
Reuters. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries