This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Greenhouse gas emissions have hit at an all-time HIGH - with 54bn tonnes of CO2 emitted every year
Scientists from the University of Leeds calculate that 54 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide have been emitted each year over the past decade.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Oil giants face backlash over climate storm
The fund, the largest of its type in the world, will support proposals by shareholders to introduce targets for reducing greenhouse
Daily Mail. Saturday, 27 May 2023.
- The 'black gold' that could help fight climate change for centuries to come
A high-grade version of BBQ charcoal is being tested as a way of removing greenhouse
gas from the atmosphere for centuries to come.
Sky News. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- The intensity of methane emissions from oil and gas sector has declined, study finds
The intensity of methane and greenhouse
gas emissions from the oil and gas sector declined 28% and 30%, respectively, between 2019 and 2021, a study found.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- 49. Monarch Tractor
Monarch Tractor's first-ever fully electric, driver-optional tractor can reduce greenhouse
gas emissions and lead a transition to sustainable agriculture.
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Newest Roland Garros Stadium Gives French Open New Seating Options
For 2023, though, fans with any ticket can experience one of the more distinct venues available at a major tennis tourney, one merged with greenhouses
and set within ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- EPA announces plans to slash power plant greenhouse gas emissions
The EPA says implementing the proposed new standard would be comparable to taking about half of all U.S. cars off the road.
CBS News. Thursday, 11 May 2023.
- Bye-bye blue flame? New York to ban natural gas stoves, furnaces in new buildings
New York state is banning natural gas stoves and furnaces in most new buildings, a policy that's part of a national movement aimed at reducing greenhouse
Washington Times. Tuesday, 2 May 2023.
- E.P.A. to Propose First Controls on Greenhouse Gases From Power Plants
If the regulation is implemented, it will be the first time the federal government has limited carbon emissions from existing power plants, which generate 25 percent of U.S. greenhouse
New York Times. Thursday, 27 Apr 2023.
- EPA proposal means EVs could make up two-thirds of US new car sales by 2032
The tailpipe standards would also help cut planet-warming pollution from cars in half. Transportation accounts for nearly 30% of all greenhouse
gas emissions in the US, according to the EPA.
ABC News. Thursday, 13 Apr 2023.
- Choking On Scope 3 GHG: Tech Vendors To The Rescue On Carbon Management
gas (GHG) accounting gets complicated very quickly and mid-sized companies struggle with the science. Get started the easy way by engaging these six tech vendors to help.
Forbes. Monday, 10 Apr 2023.
- U.K. cows could get methane suppressants to limit farm emissions
Officials say that agriculture and other land-use emissions make up 11% of the U.K.'s net greenhouse
gas emissions, with livestock making up the largest share.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Apr 2023.
- Dairy cows could be fed methane suppressants in bid to cut greenhouse gases
Dairy cows could be fed methane suppressants as part of a plan to cut down on greenhouse
gases from farming.
Sky News. Sunday, 2 Apr 2023.
- California to Require Half of All Heavy Trucks Sold by 2035 to Be Electric
The state is setting strict limits to try to eliminate carbon dioxide emissions from transportation, the sector of the American economy that generates the most greenhouse
New York Times. Friday, 31 Mar 2023.
- Matador (MTDR) to Pay $6.2M Fine for Polluting Permian Basin
Matador's (MTDR) settlement is estimated to reduce emissions by 16,000 tons, with an additional reduction of methane and other greenhouse
gas emissions by 31,000 tons.
Zacks. Wednesday, 29 Mar 2023.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries