This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Britain aims to plant 143 million new trees a YEAR by 2035 in huge bid to hit climate targets
The UK's climate change advisory committee insists that tree cover must rise to 20 per cent so that the country can hit its legal pledge to achieve net zero greenhouse
gas emissions by 2050.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Greenhouse gases: China emitted more in 2019 than all of the world's developed nations put together
Emission estimates for 190 nations across the globe were calculated by experts from research firm Rhodium Group in tandem with Breakthrough Energy.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Report: China emissions exceed all developed nations combined
The country is responsible for 27% of global greenhouse
gas emissions, according to a new report.
BBC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- China's greenhouse gas emissions exceed those of U.S. and developed countries combined, report says
China is responsible for more than 27% of total global emissions, a new study says. The U.S. accounts for 11% of the global total.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- E.P.A. to Announce Sharp Limits on Powerful Greenhouse Gases
The Biden administration is moving quickly to limit hydrofluorocarbons, the Earth-warming chemicals used in air-conditioning and refrigeration.
New York Times. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Joe Biden climate goal to require radical shifts in transportation, agriculture, manufacturing
President Biden’s goal of cutting greenhouse
gases more than 50% by 2030 is not feasible without a rapid transformation of the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Global leaders outraged over Trump's Paris climate agreement decision
Leaders around the world are slamming President Trump's decision to leave the Paris accord. The U.S. now joins the only two countries that did not sign the agreement originally to cut greenhouse
gas emissions: Syria and Nicaragua. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- What happens if U.S. pulls out of Paris climate agreement?
President Trump has told close confidants that the U.S. will withdraw from the Paris climate accord. The president is also considering an attempt to renegotiate the agreement's protocol on reducing greenhouse
gas emissions. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- Oral Care Companies Finally Tackle Packaging Waste
President Biden made headlines this week at the Earth Day Climate Summit by pledging to reduce US greenhouse
emissions by 50% by the end of the decade. For that to happen plastic production and use needs to continue to be rethought.
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- The Net Effect - The Entrepreneurs Putting Greenhouse Gas Offset At The Heart Of Their Business Models
As the world gears up for a year of intense negotiation on measures to put the brakes on climate change, moving towards net zero will become an imperative. ...
Forbes. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- John Kerry predicts U.S. will likely exceed Joe Biden's 50%-52% emissions reduction target
John Kerry, special presidential envoy for climate, said Thursday he expects the United States will surpass President Biden’s newly announced goal to cut greenhouse
gas emissions by 50%-52% below 2005 levels by 2030. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Biden pledges to slash greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030
President Biden's pledge to reduce emissions by at least 50% by 2030 more than doubles the country's prior commitment under the 2015 Paris climate agreement.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Biden to announce US will aim to cut carbon emissions by as much as 52% by 2030 at climate summit
Biden will commit the United States to reducing its greenhouse
gas emissions by 50%-52% below its 2005 emissions levels by 2030.
ABC News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- 'We have to step up': Biden commits to slashing greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030
President Joe Biden has committed the US to halving its greenhouse
gas emissions by 2030.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Trudeau Climate Record Complicated by Gas Emissions Increase
Canada is the only G7 nation whose greenhouse
gas emissions have increased since the Paris Agreement. The main reason: its oil sands.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries