This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Houston mayor touts city's climate action plan following major flooding disasters
Houston is one of the largest industrial bases in the world and is responsible for approximately 10% of greenhouse
gas emissions in the U.S.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Op-Ed: Here's how companies can strong-arm their suppliers into cutting carbon emissions
Companies can make a huge difference against greenhouse
gases simply by requiring their suppliers to get tough.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Media Claims Hurricanes Have Become More Frequent And Intense
'We conclude that the data do not provide compelling evidence for a substantial greenhouse
warming-induced century-scale increase'
Daily Caller. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Russian pipeline leaks spark climate fears as huge volumes of methane spew into the atmosphere
Climate scientists described the gas leaks as a "reckless release" of greenhouse
gas emissions that, if deliberate, "amounts to an environmental crime."
CNBC. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Record methane leak flows from damaged Baltic Sea pipelines: "It's catastrophic"
A Danish official says the Nord Stream gas leaks in the Baltic Sea could emit the equivalent of one third of Denmark's total annual greenhouse
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Nord Stream gas leaks could release up to 200,000 TONNES of methane - raising climate fears
gas methane has been spewing from both Nord Stream 1 and 2 since Monday, after three leaks appeared in the system. This has raised climate fears from scientists.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Oil and gas climate test branded a sham by environmentalists
The licensing test will compare greenhouse
gas emissions in the UK sector with other countries.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- U.S. Tax Provisions Driving The Fight Against Climate Change
Lauren Collins of Vinson & Elkins LLP provides an overview of the new tax credits designed to reduce greenhouse
gas emissions in the Inflation Reduction Act.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Accidental greenhouse gas release at Perth meat plant
Sepa says the incident in Perth is the second largest accidental release ever recorded in Europe.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Chevron (CVX) Gets Stake in Offshore CCS Projects in Australia
gas assessment permits granted to Chevron (CVX) are for offshore blocks covering an area of roughly 7.8 million acres.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Climate change impacts are heading into 'uncharted territory of destruction', UN chief warns
The UN's 'United In Science' report reveals that greenhouse
gas levels are now higher than they were pre-pandemic, and its secretary general warns the climate impacts are 'nothing natural'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Sep 2022.
- Clean Energy Projects Surge After Climate Bill Passage
Investments in battery factories, solar panel manufacturing and mining will help the Biden administration meet targets for reducing greenhouse
New York Times. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- 2021 saw records for heat, greenhouse gas concentrations and sea level rise
- Hawaii quits coal in bid to fight climate change
The last bits of ash and greenhouse
gases from Hawaii's only remaining coal-fired power plant slipped into the environment this week when the state's dirtiest source of electricity burned its final pieces of fuel.
Washington Times. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- 2021 saw record-high greenhouse gases, sea levels and ocean heat, new report shows
The last seven years (2015-2021) were the seven warmest years on record, according to the latest State of the Climate report.
ABC News. Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries