This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rare primitive plant has produced male and female cones 'for the first time in 60MILLION years'
Male and female 'cones' have emerged on a cliff-edge on the Isle of Wight. It is the first known example of cyads blooming outside a greenhouse
in UK history.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- Switching on the Atlantic Ocean heat pump
34 million years ago the warm 'greenhouse climate' of the dinosaur age ended and the colder 'icehouse climate' of today commenced. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- England's New Currency Is Harming The Climate - Report
New plastic five and ten pound notes produce almost three times the greenhouse
gas emissions of the paper notes they replaced two years ago, according to a new analysis.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Woman 'petrified' as 3 grizzlies face off with dogs in Alberta backyard
Marjie Whitehead was watering the plants in her greenhouse
just after noon on Saturday when she and her two dogs discovered three young grizzlies on her property near Whitecourt, Alta.
CBC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- More than 350,000 tonnes of food to be dumped in landfills each year
More than 350,000 tons of food a year are being dumped in landfill and emitting harmful greenhouse
gases because of council collection failures, it has been claimed.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Scientists want to mass produce seaweed that stops cows burping methane - CNET
Finding a way to farm seaweed on a global scale could dramatically lessen greenhouse
gas emissions worldwide.
CNET. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Ice sheets impact core elements of the Earth's carbon cycle
The Earth's carbon cycle is crucial in controlling the greenhouse
gas content of our atmosphere, and ultimately our climate.
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Is Grass-Fed Beef Really Better For The Planet? Here's The Science
There are many elements to consider: climate, animal welfare, greenhouse-gas emissions, land use. And with so many factors at play, sometimes the answer gets complicated.
NPR. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Building A 2.76M-Square-Foot Sustainable Greenhouse In Job-Starved Appalachia
Against the background of a looming global food and water shortage crisis, startup AppHarvest is building a massive controlled-environment agricultural facility on 60-acres in Morehead, Ken., using hydroponic growing techniques.
Forbes. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Farmers look to capture carbon as warnings about climate change grow louder
Canadian farmers are cultivating some sustainable farming techniques identified as particularly useful for an industry it concluded must make drastic changes to reduce greenhouse
CBC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- German plans to spend more shouldn't be seen as major U-turn in policy
Berlin is considering financing part of its climate protection program with new debt, Reuters reported on Thursday, as part of its policy to help Germany meet its reduction goals for greenhouse
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Ranchers dispute UN report that links cows to climate change
Cow manure emits methane, a greenhouse
gas, which can also come from cow burps, and yes, cow flatulence
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- New York Governor Signs Ambitious Climate Change Plan
Goal is to cut state greenhouse
gas emissions 85% below what they were in 1990
Voice of America. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Lisa Murkowski: Senate panel energy bills a "significant accomplishment"
There's more to reducing greenhouse
gas emissions than solar, wind and the Green New Deal, as demonstrated Tuesday by the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- CannTrust Falls as Health Canada Issues Non-Compliance Report
Health Canada issues a non-compliance report on CannTrust (CTST) regarding its greenhouse
facility in Pelham, Ontario, which is used for growing cannabis. Shares take a hit.
Zacks. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries