This Granite news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about granite news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- DC Protesters Pull Down, Burn Statue of Confederate General
Cheering demonstrators jumped up and down as the 3.4-meter statue of Albert Pike - wrapped with chains - wobbled on its high granite
pedestal before falling backward, landing in a pile of dust.
Voice of America. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Backbreaking quarry work only choice for Burkinabe teenager
At an open-pit granite
quarry in Burkina Faso's capital, workers' children play in the rubble while others toil alongside their parents after the coronavirus pandemic closed schools.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Navy vet upset after video shows skateboarder riding atop Mount Soledad memorial
walls of the Mount Soledad National Veterans Memorial in California display the names of more than 5,000 Americans who defended their country.
Fox News. Saturday, 23 May 2020.
- Mysterious Soldierstone memorial honors forgotten war veterans
Hidden high in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, in a remote and unmarked field, is a secret monument honoring war veterans. The lonely tower of granite
sits at more than 11,000 feet in a clearing among majestic peaks. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 16 May 2020.
- Egypt Defies Archaeologists' Protests by Relocating Four Ancient Sphinxes
Now awaiting unveiling in Tahrir Square, the ram-headed sculptures join a pink granite
obelisk dating to the reign of Ramses II
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Ex-Wildlife Chief: Trump Rule Could Kill Billions of Birds
At a former open pit copper mine filled with billions of gallons of toxic water, sirens and loud pops from propane cannons echo off the granite
walls to scare away birds so they don't land. ...
Newsmax. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Granite Point Mortgage Trust (GPMT) Lags Q4 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
Point Mortgage Trust (GPMT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -8.11% and -0.94%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2019. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Monday, 2 Mar 2020.
- Analysts Estimate Granite Point Mortgage Trust (GPMT) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
Point Mortgage Trust (GPMT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Floyd Rose Tremolo With Stone Tone Rock Block Demo | NAMM 2020
Watch George Lynch put a radical vibrato with a solid granite-block upgrade to the test in quest of maximum sonic mojo, clarity, sustain, articulation, harmonics, and punch.
Premier Guitar. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- This is 'the biggest forward-facing risk for all investors,' says ETF issuer's CEO
Technological disruption will be the biggest risk facing investors in the coming years, says Will Rhind, founder and CEO of ETF issuer GraniteShares.
CNBC. Saturday, 5 Oct 2019.
- WeWork's Neumann set a new low bar in corporate governance: Investor
Timothy Lesko of Granite
Investment Advisors says companies such as WeWork are selling themselves as a technology firms and gaining a valuation that they may not otherwise deserve.
CNBC. Thursday, 26 Sep 2019.
Granite News Headlines and News Summaries