This Granite news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about granite news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- American Water's Unit Buys Granite City Wastewater System
American Water Works' (AWK) unit Illinois American Water further expands presence in Illinois through the Granite
City Wastewater Collection System acquisition.
Zacks. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- Boy, 5, dies after granite tabletop falls on his head at wedding reception
A five-year-old boy was attending a wedding with his family at The Drake Hotel in Oak Brook, Illinois, on Friday, when the table he had been laying on toppled over, hitting his head.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- P.J. Tucker gives the undersized Rockets a fighting chance
Anthony Davis and LeBron James tried to muscle Rockets forward P.J. Tucker in a Game 1 loss on Friday and found out they were pushing into a granite
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 5 Sep 2020.
- Paper mill 50-tonne granite roll finds new Inverurie home
The Inverurie factory closed in 2009 with the loss of hundreds of jobs, and a key component will now go on show.
BBC News. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- Intricate plans to remove Richmond's Robert E. Lee statue snarled by lawsuit
Relocating the 21-foot tall monument, which rests atop a granite
pedestal nearly twice as high, has proven a conundrum. It's complicated further by a lawsuit against Gov. Ralph Northam.
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus Scotland: Aberdeen in lockdown for second week
Ms Sturgeon said that the outbreak in the Granite
City, which has had 177 confirmed cases including within its Scottish Premiership football team, would continue for at least seven days.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Granite Point Mortgage Trust (GPMT) Q2 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Point Mortgage Trust (GPMT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 13.64% and 21.92%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 Aug 2020.
- Granite Investment Advisors' Tim Lesko breaks down GM, Boeing earnings
Tim Lesko, partner at Granite
Investment Advisors, and CNBC's Phil LeBeau join "Squawk Box" to discuss the latest earnings from Boeing and General Motors. Lesko owns shares of General Motors and recently sold his Boeing stake.
CNBC. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- DC Protesters Pull Down, Burn Statue of Confederate General
Cheering demonstrators jumped up and down as the 3.4-meter statue of Albert Pike - wrapped with chains - wobbled on its high granite
pedestal before falling backward, landing in a pile of dust.
Voice of America. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Backbreaking quarry work only choice for Burkinabe teenager
At an open-pit granite
quarry in Burkina Faso's capital, workers' children play in the rubble while others toil alongside their parents after the coronavirus pandemic closed schools.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Navy vet upset after video shows skateboarder riding atop Mount Soledad memorial
walls of the Mount Soledad National Veterans Memorial in California display the names of more than 5,000 Americans who defended their country.
Fox News. Saturday, 23 May 2020.
- Egypt Defies Archaeologists' Protests by Relocating Four Ancient Sphinxes
Now awaiting unveiling in Tahrir Square, the ram-headed sculptures join a pink granite
obelisk dating to the reign of Ramses II
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 May 2020.
Granite News Headlines and News Summaries