This GPS news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about gps and global positioning news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Factors Likely to Decide Gap's (GPS) Fate in Q1 Earnings
Persistent softness at Gap's (GPS) namesake brand may hurt first-quarter fiscal 2019 comps performance. Nevertheless, growth initiatives such as the expansion of omni-channel capabilities are encouraging.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Prosecutors want GPS monitor on truck driver in deadly crash
Colorado prosecutors want a judge to require a GPS monitor for the truck driver accused of causing a fiery pileup that killed four people on a highway now that the man has bonded out of jail
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Coros announces VERTIX GPS adventure watch: 45-day battery life and extreme operating profile
There are wearables for daily activity tracking, casual runners, serious athletes, and extreme athletes. The new Coros GPS watch is designed for climbers, runners, and outdoor explorers.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Fatal Stabbing on Appalachian Trail Is Uncovered Thanks to GPS and a Dog
A man was charged with fatally stabbing a hiker and wounding another in Virginia. The attack unnerved the disparate but close-knit community of hikers on the 2,190-mile trail.
New York Times. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- GPS stalkers, lethal cell phones, incognito issues, and more: Tech Q&A
Everything you need to know about GPS trackers, and more.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Your Communications Strategy Is A GPS To Help You Reach Your Goals
Without a communications strategy, you will be steering yourself away from success.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Garmin Forerunners, Google I/O expectations, Huawei solid number two (MobileTechRoundup show #468)
Google I/O is coming up this week, Huawei continues to rise in worldwide smartphone share, and Garmin announced five new Forerunner GPS sports watches.
ZDNet. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- System to legally test GPS spoofing vulnerabilities in automated vehicles
Scientists have developed a cyber security system to test for vulnerabilities in automated vehicles and other technologies that use GPS receivers for positioning, navigation and timing.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Iowa fire chief is charged with arson after his truck's GPS put him at the scene of two blazes
Oxford Assistant Fire Chief Timothy Hora, 30, has been accused of setting at least seven field fires in the area over the past month. He is facing five counts of arson and public intoxication.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Giant tortoises migrate unpredictably in the face of climate change
Researchers use GPS to track the timing and patterns of giant tortoise migration over multiple years. The tortoises often take the same migration routes over many years in order to find optimal food quality and temperatures. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- What do drones and GPS owe to a 1744 shipwreck?
When HMS Victory sank, she took with her an early prototype of the gyroscope, crucial to modern technology.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Surgical GPS that guides surgeons through the body recalled after patient deaths
Brainlab's software system that tracks surgical tools and displays the patient's body to guide spinal surgeons has been recalled after its malfunctions led to patient deaths, the FDA says.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Rally driving across the Sahara with no GPS
The annual Rallye Aicha des Gazelles sees all-female teams competing in a race where the fastest doesn't always win.
BBC News. Sunday, 14 Apr 2019.
- Fishermen Turn to Maps as India's Coasts Cleared for Tourism, Industry
After generations of trawling the same waters, the fishermen on the coast of Tamil Nadu in southeastern India know where to cast a net or park a boat without resorting to signs or GPS maps. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- When Putin's around, GPS goes haywire, study finds
As Russia's president drove over a bridge one day last year, the GPS units on nearby ships suddenly seemed to believe they were dozens of miles away, on land
CBS News. Friday, 5 Apr 2019.
GPS tracker - used to find a location
Related Directory Page(s)
GPS Navigation News Headlines and News Summaries