This GPS news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about gps and global positioning news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Garmin DriveSmart 86, the smartest voice-assisted GPS navigator on the market
Most people use their phones for directions while driving. But phones only work in areas with sufficient coverage, produce distractions in the form of
Pocket Lint. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- 3 S&P 500 Stocks to Buy as the Index Sees Best Day Since March
With the broader S&P 500 notching its best day since March on Oct 14, it's worth investing in some of the growth stocks listed in the index like Best Buy (BBY), Gap (GPS) & Tesla (TSLA).
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Galp Energia SGPS SA (GLPEY) Moves to Buy: Rationale Behind the Upgrade
Galp Energia SGPS SA (GLPEY) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Coast Guard investigators board cargo ship in probe of whether its anchor caused oil spill
Coast guard investigators are looking in whether the cargo ship Rotterdam Express damaged an oil pipeline in California after GPS
tracking showed it move over the pipe's location while anchored.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep
New court documents reveal problems with Barry Morphew's GPS
monitoring following his release from a Colorado jail last month.
Fox News. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
- Vodafone Curve - a brilliant little GPS tracker
We can all lose or misplace objects once in a while. Perhaps one of your precious objects, such as a set of keys, gets trapped between your cushions. Perhaps
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
- Smartphone sensors can be used to detect if you are high on marijuana with 90 percent accuracy
An algorithm using GPS
and movement data from a regular pot smoker's smartphone can determine if they are high with unerring accuracy, according to a report out of Rutgers University
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
- Fitbit Charge 5 review: Best fitness tracker with color display, GPS, elegant form factor
Fitbit continues to offer powerful activity trackers in a band format, and the Charge 5 is clearly its best ever. ...
ZDNet. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Saving the art of mapmaking
If you're heading out on the road for your vacation this year, you'll probably get directions from a GPS
or navigational system. Does that mean that the traditional map is a relic of the past? Mark Albert hits the road to find out.
CBS News. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- WaveSense Is Renamed GPR And Readies Ground-Penetrating Radar For Autonomous Vehicles
The technology can provide critical information about a vehicle's surroundings regardless of bad weather or poor cellular connectivity that can interfere with lidar and GPS
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- The Red Apple Watch Series 6 With GPS Is Only $250 For Labor Day
Best Buy is slashing the price of the Red Apple Watch Series 6 by $150 for Labor Day weekend. The Series 7 is right around the corner, but there's good reason to consider pulling the trigger anyway.
Forbes. Saturday, 4 Sep 2021.
- Gangs on e-scooters targeting GPS farm equipment
Total theft claims fall after the pandemic but technology stays a draw for criminals, says insurer.
BBC News. Tuesday, 3 Aug 2021.
- Thomas Barrack, Trump Ally, Pleads Not Guilty
Earlier this week, Mr. Barrack was released on $250 million bond and ordered to wear a GPS
location-monitoring bracelet at all times, according to a Justice Department spokesman.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Tom Barrack Freed on $250 Million Bond
The agreement requires Mr. Barrack to wear a GPS
location monitoring bracelet at all times.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- NASA's Deep Space Atomic Clock '10 times more stable' than existing space clocks
NASA's new Deep Space Atomic Clock - designed to provide a GPS-like system for spacecraft - is up to 10 times more stable than existing space clocks, new research has found.
Sky News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
GPS Navigation News Headlines and News Summaries