This GPS news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about gps and global positioning news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Gap (GPS) Begins B2B Product Program as Latest Survival Hack
Gap (GPS) unveils a B2B product program to sell face masks to organizations and companies, which can be given to employees as they return to work.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Synaptics (SYNA) Scoops Up Broadcom's IoT Unit in $250M Deal
Synaptics (SYNA) expects to boost presence in the growing IoT market by acquiring Broadcom's IoT business as well as certain rights to its Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS/GNSS products.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- SpaceX launches US Space Force GPS satellite on Falcon 9
SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket took off from Kennedy Space Center carrying a US Space Force GPS
satellite into orbit that will replace an older model that has been circling the Earth for 20 years.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- 4 Top Stock Trades for Monday: FB, FSLY, NKE, GPS
It was a tough day for the bulls on Friday, with the stock market getting walloped right off the open. That said, let's look at a few top stock trades as we approach the end of June. Top Stock Trades for Monday No. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Brexit: UK starts work on buying own sat-nav system to rival Galileo
Ministers fear over-reliance on US-based GPS
in the event of an attack or technical failure.
BBC News. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- China completes its GPS-rivalling global navigation system Beidou
The spacecraft was launched into geostationary orbit on top of a Long March-3B rocket at the Xichang Satellite Launch Center at 02:43 BST this morning.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- BeiDou: China launches final satellite in challenge to GPS
The completion of the BeiDou-3 navigation system comes as tensions rise between Beijing and Washington.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- China launches its final satellite to complete its rival to the US-owned GPS system
China sent the last satellite to space on Tuesday to complete its global navigation system that will help wean it off U.S. technology in this area.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Van driver follows GPS down famous 'cheese rolling' hill, wrecks
Was he making a delivery?
Fox News. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- China aims to complete its own GPS system, giving Beijing military independence in case of conflict
The move is part of China's push in technology and will wean the country off U.S. satellite technology.
CNBC. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Air Force Is Looking At Using Magnetic Fields To Navigate Instead Of GPS And Flight Testing It On F-16s
systems the U.S. military relies on are vulnerable to jamming, spoofing and physical threats. Air Force researchers are working on an intriguing alternative based on maps of the Earth's magnetic field.
Forbes. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- China set to complete Beidou network rivalling GPS in global navigation
The Chinese Beidou navigation network will be complete this month when its final satellite goes into orbit, giving China greater independence from U.S.-owned GPS
and heating up competition in a sector long dominated by the United States.
Reuters. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Engineers develop low-cost, high-accuracy GPS-like system for flexible medical robots
Roboticists have developed an affordable, easy to use system to track the location of flexible surgical robots inside the human body. The system performs as well as current state of the art methods, but is much less expensive. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Preparing the next generation of GPS
Originally developed by the U.S. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 16 May 2020.
- New Army artillery changes course to hit targets under bridges
Enemies of the U.S. Army are now deliberately hiding targets behind mountain ridges, under bridges, in rocky crevices and other locations intended to elude state-of-the art GPS-guided artillery round attacks -- complicating U.S. ...
Fox News. Friday, 8 May 2020.
GPS Navigation News Headlines and News Summaries