This Geological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about geological and geology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3.2-magnitude quake rattles area on Kansas-Oklahoma line
PONCA CITY, Okla. (AP) - A magnitude 3.2 earthquake shook an area on the Kansas-Oklahoma line Thursday night, the U.S. Geological
Survey reported. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- New sediment archive for historical climate research
investigations of low-temperature young deposits on the Styrian Erzberg provide paleoclimatology with new data on the Earth's history and its development.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Glimpse deep into Earth's crust finds heat source that may stabilize continents
Rocks from the Rio Grande continental rift have provided a rare snapshot of active geology
deep inside Earth's crust, revealing new evidence for how continents remain stable over billions of years, according to a team of scientists.
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Saturn's mysterious moon has new ice and scientists aren't sure why
Enceladus, Saturn's mysterious moon that could support life, may be more geologically active than previously thought, according to a new study.
Fox News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Leighton Buzzard hit by two earthquakes in one day
The British Geological
Survey says there was a 3.0-magnitude tremor followed by a 2.1-magnitude one.
BBC News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Leighton Buzzard hit by third earthquake in two weeks
Leighton Buzzard has been hit by a 3.0 magnitude earthquake - the third tremor in two weeks - according to the British Geological
Sky News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Southern California is rocked by a 4.5 magnitude earthquake
The quake hit 10 miles west of L.A. at 11.39 pm local time on Friday, according to the US Geological
Daily Mail. Saturday, 19 Sep 2020.
- Large chunk of ice has broken off Greenland's largest remaining ice shelf
Researchers working for the Geological
Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS) studied satellite images of the ice shelf taken over the past seven years.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Leighton Buzzard gets second earthquake in a week
The British Geological
Survey says the 2.1-magnitude quake was felt just after midnight on Monday.
BBC News. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Earthquake strikes New Jersey, shaking reported across state
A magnitude 3.1 earthquake struck in East Freehold, New Jersey, early Wednesday morning, the U.S. Geological
Fox News. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake rocks coast of Indonesia
A large earthquake struck Wednesday off the coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra, the U.S. Geological
ABC News. Wednesday, 19 Aug 2020.
- 4.2-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Los Angeles
There were no immediate reports of damage, the police said. The United States Geological
Survey said the earthquake struck in the San Fernando Valley.
New York Times. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- 'Recently active' volcanoes discovered on Venus
Scientists have identified 37 recently active volcanic structure on Venus, suggesting the planet is still geologically active.
Sky News. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- Earthquake: Magnitude 4.1 quake shakes Hawaii's Big Island
A magnitude 4.1 earthquake was reported Friday afternoon at 5:18 p.m. Pacific time 15 miles from Hawaiian Beaches, Hawaii, according to the U.S. Geological
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Earthquake: 3.3 quake near Hollister, Calif.
A magnitude 3.3 earthquake was reported Wednesday at 6:25 a.m. seven miles from Hollister, Calif., according to the U.S. Geological
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
Geological Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries