This Geological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about geological and geology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Earthquake: Magnitude 3.2 quake felt near Hollister, Calif.
A magnitude 3.2 earthquake was reported Sunday morning about 12 miles from Hollister, Calif., according to the U.S. Geological
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Earthquake: 3.5 quake felt near Palm Springs
A magnitude 3.5 earthquake was reported Monday evening at 11:39 p.m. Pacific time four miles from Palm Springs, according to the U.S. Geological
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Geology: Chemical leftovers from Earth's formation 4.5 billion years ago may sit near planet's core
'Ultra-low velocity zones' on the core-mantle boundary beneath the Coral Sea were studied by researchers led from the University of Utah
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- 5.9-Magnitude Earthquake Rattles Parts of Alaska
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries after the earthquake, whose epicenter was about 135 miles southwest of Anchorage, the U.S. Geological
New York Times. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Dozens of Earthquakes Strike Off Oregon Coast, but Experts Say Not to Worry
At least 66 earthquakes rattled the Blanco Fracture Zone from Tuesday into Wednesday, according to the U.S. Geological
New York Times. Sunday, 12 Dec 2021.
- Pluto and the Moon should be classed as PLANETS, scientists claim
A suitable definition of what a planet is should be if it has ever been geologically active, argues an expert at University of Central Florida in Orlando.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- Scotland hit by second earthquake in a week with Highland tremor
The British Geological
Survey reported a 2.2 magnitude earthquake in the Highlands on Friday night.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Nov 2021.
- Earthquake hits Alaska, day after two tremors rock Hawaii
Earthquakes have hit two different parts of the US in two days, according to the United States Geological
Sky News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, creating 100-foot lava fountains
The U.S. Geological
Survey says the eruption is in "full swing," but local officials says no homes are in danger at the moment.
CBS News. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Los Angeles earthquake measured at 3.0
A 3.0 magnitude earthquake rattled the Los Angeles area Tuesday evening, according to the U.S. Geological
Fox News. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Magnitude 7.2 Earthquake Hits Haiti
According to the United States Geological
Survey, earlier this morning, a M7.2 earthquake occurred in the southwestern part of Haiti.
Forbes. Saturday, 14 Aug 2021.
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Haiti
A 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Haiti on Saturday, the U.S. Geological
ABC News. Saturday, 14 Aug 2021.
- 7.0 magnitude earthquake strikes Haiti
A 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Haiti on Saturday, the U.S. Geological
Fox News. Saturday, 14 Aug 2021.
- 7.1-magnitude earthquake strikes off coast of Philippines, triggering threat of tsunami
A preliminary magnitude-7.1 earthquake struck off the coast of the Philippines on Wednesday, according to the U.S. Geological
ABC News. Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021.
- Millions of homes at risk of subsidence from climate change by 2070
Millions of homes are at risk of subsidence in the next fifty years as a result of climate change, the British Geological
Survey (BGS) has warned.
Sky News. Wednesday, 19 May 2021.
Geological Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries