This Gas Company news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about gas company and gas companies news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nigerian government ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
Gas company P&ID has been locked in a legal dispute with the Nigerian government for almost a decade.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Small energy stock rips higher after investor Mario Gabelli says he is following it
Shares of RPC, a small oil and gas company
based in Atlanta, jump following positive comments from billionaire investor Mario Gabelli.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Gas company worker killed, 15 injures in California house explosion
A gas company
worker was killed and at least one person remains missing after an explosion and fire leveled a home in Murrieta, officials say.
ABC News. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- A gas company took over their land. Then this family fought back.
West Virginia homeowners had no idea how far companies would go to get at the lucrative natural gas beneath the surface
CBS News. Friday, 12 Jul 2019.
- PetroChina And Shell Facing A Use-It Or Lose-It Threat Over An Australian Gas Project
Pressure is building on a syndicate of international oil and gas companies
to develop an Australian gas project or risk forfeiting the government-issued leases.
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
- Bill Gates and Big Oil back company trying to solve climate change by sucking CO2 out of the air
Carbon Engineering wants to address climate change by capturing and removing carbon dioxide straight from the air, but many question whether partnering with oil and gas companies
is the right move.
CNBC. Saturday, 22 Jun 2019.
- Should Value Investors Pick National Fuel Gas (NFG) Stock?
Let's see if National Fuel Gas Company
(NFG) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now, or if investors subscribing to this methodology should look elsewhere for top picks.
Zacks. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- Moving To The Edge Is Crucial For Oil And Gas Companies To Make Better Use Of Data
Edge computing is a growing trend amongst oil and gas companies
as they strive to gain value from the huge volumes of data they collect from their operations.
Forbes. Friday, 31 May 2019.
- After Gas Explosions in Massachusetts, Gas Company Settles for $80 Million
Columbia Gas is paying Lawrence, Andover and North Andover for repairs after explosions there destroyed homes and killed one person.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Total backs Occidental's Anadarko bid with deal to buy assets
France's Total SA said on Sunday it has agreed with Occidental Petroleum Corp to acquire the African assets of Anadarko Petroleum Corp for $8.8 billion, should the two U.S. oil and gas companies
clinch a deal to combine.
Reuters. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Oil firm Equinor agrees climate change targets with investors
Norwegian oil and gas company
Equinor will revise its climate targets next year and assess its investments against U.N.-backed goals following talks with major investors.
Reuters. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Occidental Bids $38 Billion for Anadarko, Challenging Chevron
Occidental Petroleum announced a $38 billion bid for Anadarko Petroleum, challenging Chevron for control of the independent oil and gas company
New York Times. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- TOTAL Teams Up with Partners to Develop Papua LNG Project
TOTAL (TOT) teams up with other oil and gas companies
to develop the Papua LNG Project.
Zacks. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Trump offshore drilling order unlawful, judge rules
The 2017 move aimed to allow oil and gas companies
to work in parts of the Arctic and Atlantic.
BBC News. Saturday, 30 Mar 2019.
- Shamoon malware destroys data at Italian oil and gas company
About a tenth of Saipem's IT infrastructure infected with infamous data-wiping Shamoon malware.
ZDNet. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries