This Gas Company news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about gas company and gas companies news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shell boss calls on government to tax oil and gas companies to protect poorest
The chief executive of Shell has called on the government to tax oil and gas companies
in order to protect the poorest people in society from soaring energy costs.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Energy Firms Pledge to Cut Carbon Emissions to Zero by 2050
BP plc (BP), Equinor (EQNR), Repsol (REPYY), Shell (SHEL) and Schlumberger (SLB) are some of the oil and gas companies
outlining net-zero commitments by 2050.
Zacks. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- The Surging Hydrogen Economy That Oil And Gas Companies Are Tiptoeing Into.
Despite the limited scope, major oil and gas companies
could provide part of the 7% global energy market for hydrogen by 2050.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Biden says Hurricane Ian could be 'deadliest' in Florida history and warns against price gouging
Biden warned Florida it could be facing the deadliest hurricane in its history on Thursday, as he praised emergency workers and warned gas companies
not to use the devastation to raise prices.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Biden says Hurricane Ian shouldn't be used an 'excuse' to increases gas prices
President Joe Biden on Wednesday warned oil and gas companies
not to use Hurricane Ian as an 'excuse' to raise prices at the pump.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- 4 Top-Ranked Defensive Stocks to Buy Amid Market Swings
Here we mention four defensive stocks, namely Corteva (CTVA), Atmos Energy, National Fuel Gas Company
and McKesson with strong prospects to beat the market whims.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- 1 Energy Stock That Makes a Great Addition to Your Portfolio
Leading Oil & Gas company APA Corporation (APA) reported impressive second-quarter financials, and the stock has gained in double digits so far this year. The company is well-positioned to ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- What is the windfall tax on oil and gas companies and how does it work?
New PM Liz Truss has ruled out using a further windfall tax to fund energy price measures.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Dozens Of Oil Workers Detained In Tehran During Weekend Protest
The Free Union of Iranian Workers says 67 workers from the South Pars Gas Company
were arrested over the weekend after they came to Tehran from the southern city of Bushehr to hold a protest rally in front of the Oil Ministry building.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- Jim Cramer says he likes these 5 liquified natural gas stocks for the long haul
Jim Cramer highlights 5 liquified natural gas companies
that he believes could be worthwhile long-term investments.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- New Texas Regulations Require Natural Gas Companies to Winterize
Texas regulators on Tuesday passed new rules requiring natural gas companies
to winterize their infrastructure to avoid a repeat of February 2021 when much of the state lost power during a major winter storm.
NBC. Tuesday, Aug 30 2022.
- This Oil & Gas Stock Has Momentum Behind It. But a Sell Rating
Natural gas company
Tellurian (TELL) has gained significant momentum lately on the backs of high natural gas prices. However, the stock is rated Strong Sell in our proprietary rating ...
Entrepreneur. Friday, 26 Aug 2022.
- All the top-performing stocks this year are oil and gas except one: solar company Enphase
Traditional oil and gas companies
have been lifted this year by surging commodity prices, while tech stocks have fallen. But solar company Enphase is an outlier.
CNBC. Thursday, 28 Jul 2022.
- Oil Companies Oppose Windfall Tax in Britain Despie Record Profits
Oil and gas companies
say charging them a 25 percent tax on profits could deter future investment at a critical time for Britain.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Jul 2022.
- White House doubles down on calls for gas station owners to trim profits
The White House went on defense on Tuesday over billionaire Jeff Bezos' criticism of President Biden's haranguing of gas companies
for turning a profit amid "a time of war and global peril."
Washington Times. Tuesday, 5 Jul 2022.
Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries