This Garbage and Junk news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about garbage and junk news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Duterte moves to forcibly send garbage back to Canada
The Philippine president's spokesman says the exasperated leader has moved to have truckloads of garbage that Filipino officials say were illegally shipped to the Philippines years ago be forcibly shipped back to Canada
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Canada tries to avoid an all-out trash "war" with the Philippines
Philippines' battle to get Canada to take back tons of mislabeled garbage highlights increasing reluctance in developing nations to be the world's dumping grounds
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Report: LA's Rat-Infested Garbage Fueling Typhoid Fears
Reportedly fueling fear about a typhoid epidemic is rat-infested garbage left uncollected by the city of Los Angeles in the wake of a record number of 2018 cases of flea-borne typhus.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- 'Junk news' gets massive engagement on Facebook ahead of EU elections
The findings could add to concerns around the potential impact of online misinformation on upcoming European elections.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Deep Sea Explorer Finds Life and Garbage in the Mariana Trench
The Mariana Trench, at 11,000 meters, is the deepest part of Earth. But even at these depths, 11 kilometers below the ocean surface, one explorer found both new species and leftover plastic that we throw away. VOA's Kevin Enochs reports.
Voice of America. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Tennessee executes man convicted of wife's murder three decades ago
Tennessee on Thursday executed a 68-year-old man who was convicted three decades ago of suffocating his wife with a large plastic garbage bag, a crime he blamed on an inmate on work release.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Philippines recalling its diplomats from Canada over trash shipments
The Philippines is recalling its ambassador and consuls in Canada over Ottawa's failure to comply with a deadline to take back garbage that Filipino officials say was illegally shipped to the Philippines years ago.
CBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Using Garbage to Rebuild Tired Soil
Soil gets tired as repeated farming slowly robs it of nutrients. In the past, farmers would be forced to keep their fields empty for a season while the soil recharged, or plant crops like peanuts that put nutrients back into the soil. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Many online climate change lessons are actually junk
Teachers report having to sift through junk science and misinformation as they work to teach their students about climate change
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- NY's Earth Day 'trash blitz' hauled in 8,600 bags of garbage
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - State officials say last month's Earth Day "trash blitz" conducted by transportation department employees resulted in thousands of bags of garbage being picked up along New York roads and highways. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Eating junk food causes fat to seep into the brain through your bloodstream and trigger depression
Researchers from the University of Glasgow suggest dietary fats affect our hypothalamus - the functioning of part of our brain that controls our emotions. Their study was conducted on mice.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Mack Trucks shows off the LR BEV, its first battery-electric garbage truck - Roadshow
The LR BEV will do its real-world testing in New York City starting next year.
CNET. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- AOC baffled by her new D.C. apartment's garbage disposal
Congress rookie AOC (pictured) documented her baffling first experience with the garbage disposal at her new Washington D.C. apartment on Instagram Tuesday night.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez garbage disposal video hits Instagram
There is, apparently, nothing too dumb for Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to say. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Canada will accept garbage containers wrongly sent to Philippines, says Manila
Canada has agreed to take back 69 containers of garbage that were wrongly sent to the Philippines and will pay for their transport, Manila said on Tuesday, potentially ending a protracted diplomatic dispute.
Reuters. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
Typical plastic garbage bags
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries