This Garbage and Junk news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about garbage and junk news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Father of socialite who was found dead in a trash chute maintains that she was murdered
The father of Lara Prychodko, a 48-year-old New York City socialite who was found dead in her apartment's garbage
shoot, maintains that his daughter murdered two years after the incident
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Street cleaners wearing plastic hats swim up to their necks in garbage as they clean rivers in Dhaka
Volunteers swam through tonnes of rubbish in a canal in Savar, Bangladesh. Extraordinary photographs show the volunteers fully submerged in waste as they attempt to clean the river bank
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- India coronavirus: Officials sorry after video shows bodies flung into pit
The video shows workers in PPE kits tossing bodies wrapped in black garbage
bags into deep pits.
BBC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Albertsons stock is worth buying at $25 after it IPOs, Jim Cramer says
"It's definitely not best of breed, but it's not garbage
either," the "Mad Money" host said.
CNBC. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Spacewalking astronaut loses mirror, newest space junk
A spacewalking astronaut added to the millions of pieces of junk
orbiting the Earth on Friday, losing a small mirror on his sleeve as soon as he emerged from the International Space Station for battery work. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Germany bans single-use plastic straws, food containers
BERLIN (AP) - Germany is banning the sale of single-use plastic straws, cotton buds and food containers, bringing it in line with a European Union directive intended to reduce the amount of plastic garbage
that pollutes the environment. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Wirecard seeks new financing strategy after Moody's junk downgrade
German payments firm Wirecard said it had hired U.S. investment bank Houlihan Lokey to devise a new financing strategy after Moody's slashed the company's rating to junk
over the disappearance of 1.9 billion euros. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Why Is Comedian Jim Gaffigan Gratefully Eating Garbage?
Sometimes, a pandemic forces an entrepreneur to do these things.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Regulators never thought investors would be gullible enough to buy Hertz 'garbage,' Harvey Pitt says
Former Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey Pitt said investment banks could face legal challenges related to Hertz's secondary stock sale while in bankruptcy.
CNBC. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Junk food promotion ban 'paused' by coronavirus
A new law to restrict promotions on unhealthy food will not be introduced before next year's Holyrood election.
BBC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Heavy rain leads to garbage-filled neighborhood in Nigeria, Lagos officials vow crackdown
Authorities in the largest city in Nigeria are vowing to crack down on illegal dumping after heavy rain over the weekend caused one neighborhood to be inundated with garbage
Fox News. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- India's Yamuna river regains sparkle as virus lockdown banishes waste
The sparkle has returned to the Yamuna river flowing through India's capital of New Delhi, residents say, after decades of filthy and stinking waters, matted with garbage
and polluted with toxic effluent from industry.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- Trash is treasure as Myanmar environmentalist turns food scraps into fertiliser
To most people in Myanmar, food waste is nothing but garbage, and that attitude leaves Inda Soe Aung baffled.
Reuters. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- A 5 Trillion Dollar Subsidy: How We All Pay For Fossil Fuels
Each year, fossil fuel producers receive trillions of dollars in subsidies. This reflects an epic market failure. Our atmosphere is a vital shared resource, and current policies allow producers to treat it like a garbage
Forbes. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- That Money Network Envelope Isn't Spam; It's Your Stimulus Debit Card
After reports of people mistaking their government-issued funds for junk
mail, the IRS has (mostly) cleared up confusion.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries