This Furniture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about furniture news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) Reports Q2 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
Bassett (BSET) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.34% and 69.62%, respectively, for the quarter ended May 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Analysts Estimate Bassett Furniture (BSET) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
Bassett (BSET) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Dramatic moment furious landowner confronts 'fly-tipper'
Footage shows a woman picking up furniture
which was left by the side of a road in Enfield, north London and putting it into the boot of her car after being accused of fly-tipping.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- People share the things they ordered online that did not come as expected
People from all over the world have shared examples of hilarious online shopping fails that left them in stitches in a Bored Panda gallery, including tiny furniture
and dodgy clip-on veneers.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- 'My babies could have died': Harrowing video shows twins tipping anchored Ikea bookcase
Ikea says its furniture
is safe when anchored. But safety advocates worry that isn't always true, pointing to cases of secured furniture
Yahoo. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Lee Longlands store in administration due to lockdown
Lee Longlands' first furniture
shop opened in Birmingham in 1932 and it has been trading ever since.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Ikea planning to repay furlough payments
giant is looking to repay governments, but not in the UK where it did not take state aid.
BBC News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Bensons for Beds-owner close to pre-pack
The owner of the Harveys furniture
chain and Bensons for Beds is closing in on a restructuring that is expected to involve the appointment of administrators in the coming weeks.
Sky News. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Wayfair's Outdoor Furniture Sale Takes Up to 65 Percent Off Patio Tables, Chairs, and More
From complete patio sets to coffee tables, Wayfair is offering huge savings on all types of outdoor furniture
Mental Floss. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- UPS adds 'peak' surcharge amid coronavirus fueled delivery spike
United Parcel Service Inc on May 31 will slap surcharges on U.S. e-commerce companies that have flooded its delivery network with shipments of everything from packaged food to patio furniture
since the coronavirus took hold in March.
Reuters. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
- From furniture to dog collars, how Trump's tariffs on Chinese imports will impact you
President Trump is warning China not to retaliate for the newest tariff hike on its imports. Three days ago, the president raised tariffs to 25 percent on approximately $200 billion on Chinese goods. ...
CBS News. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Fire Consumes Storefront in Harlem
The fire started at 7:30 p.m. in a furniture
store on 125th Street and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard.
New York Times. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Outdoor furniture sales grow as customers prepare for a summer at home
With the travel industry crushed by the coronavirus pandemic, it's more than likely that people will be staying close to home this summer.
CNBC. Sunday, 17 May 2020.
- Ikea to pay $46 million to family of child killed by tipped dresser
giant Ikea agreed to pay a record $46 million to the family of a 2-year-old in California. Ikea has already paid a total of $50 million to settle three earlier suits following the death of children in similar accidents.
CBS News. Saturday, 16 May 2020.
- Wayfair's sales surge almost 20%, net loss widens, in the first quarter
retailer Wayfair's net loss widened during the first quarter, as its sales surged nearly 20% from a year ago.
CNBC. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries