This Furniture news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about furniture news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sitting on a goldmine: LA furniture designer buys 30s chair for $50: sells at Sotheby's for $85,000
Justin Miller, 33, bought the 1930s leather chair by Danish designer Frits Henningsen on Facebook Marketplace, from a house sale in Beverly Hills. On June 7 it was sold by Sotheby's.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Jun 2023.
- Sharon Osbourne spotted moving baby furniture outside LA home
Sharon Osbourne was spotted moving baby furniture
out of her LA home just months after her husband Ozzy Osbourne said he 'doesn't want to die in crazy America.'
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- How Sundays, A Canadian Furniture Brand, Is Growing When Many Other Home Retailers' Sales Are Slowing.
The pandemic led many businesses to struggle. However, sales thrived for those in the home goods space, and by September 2020, Sundays' realized they had an opportunity.
Forbes. Monday, 29 May 2023.
- FYI: These 16 Memorial Day Furniture Sales Have Already Started
Many retailers have already kicked off their Memorial Day furniture
sales. Here are the top offers to shop before the weekend.
Forbes. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- 3-year-old boy dies after furniture falls on him in Little Village, CPD says
The incident has been deemed accidental.
ABC News. Saturday, 20 May 2023.
- Gang posing as furniture removal firm smuggled £135m worth of drugs into UK
Members of an organised crime gang which imported at least £135m worth of drugs into the UK under the guise of a furniture
removal company face years behind bars.
Sky News. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Zacks Value Trader Highlights: Union Pacific, Haverty Furniture, The Hershey Company, Signet Jewelers and Redfin
Union Pacific, Haverty Furniture, The Hershey Company, Signet Jewelers and Redfin are part of the Zacks Value Trader blog.
Zacks. Monday, 15 May 2023.
- Tri Pointe Homes and Bassett Furniture have been highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
Tri Pointe Homes and Bassett Furniture
have been highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day.
Zacks. Thursday, 4 May 2023.
- CEO Tells Employees Not To Ask About Bonuses and 'Leave Pity City'
The CEO and President of furniture
company MillerKnoll delivered a harsh message to employees during a town hall.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- More people entertaining at home as cost of living bites
Sales of home accessories and furniture
rose in March as people ate out less to save money.
BBC News. Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023.
- Upmarket Furniture Brand Shifts To Licensing Model For Long-Term Success
Inc & Co Brand, Maker&Son launches licensing model In the UK
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 2 Mar 2023.
- Getting A Leg Up: Bosnia Furniture Makers Given Boost By Pandemic
After supply chains from China were disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic, Bosnian furniture
manufacturers edged into the luxury European market.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 28 Feb 2023.
- The Furniture Hustlers of Silicon Valley
As tech companies cut costs and move to remote work, their left-behind office furniture
has become part of a booming trade.
New York Times. Saturday, 25 Feb 2023.
- Why Hollywood set designers are turning to Gaetano Pesce's idiosyncratic furniture
Gaetano Pesce's furniture
is having a pop culture moment. Some of the Italian-born designer's work is on view in Los Angeles in time for Frieze week.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 17 Feb 2023.
- Chicago Heights fire: Massive blaze breaks out at south suburban furniture factory
The fire has since been extinguished, but crews have been monitoring hot spots, officials said.
ABC News. Monday, 6 Feb 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries