This Funeral news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about funerals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Louisiana mother holds vaccine drive at funeral for son who died of COVID-19
Brandon Antoine died of coronavirus aged 46 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on June 9 after having ignored his mother Betty's repeated pleas for him to get vaccinated because of his health history.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- U.S. delegation cuts Haiti trip short after gunshots reported at president's funeral
A U.S. delegation that attended the funeral
of late Haitian president Jovenel Moise on Friday is safe and returning to the U.S. following reports of gunshots.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Country star pays for funerals of 3 who died near music festival
The mother of one of the victims recalled how she held her son's hand during Combs' appearance at the Faster Horses Festival,
CBS News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Crowds of mourners shout 'Justice! Justice!' at funeral of Haitian President Jovenel Moise
The US delegation were forced to flee as shots rang out around the former president's family home with the unrest that has rocked the island for the past two weeks spilling into the service
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Service Corporation (SCI) Queued for Q2 Earnings: Things to Note
Service Corporation's (SCI) second-quarter results are likely to reflect higher revenues from pandemic-led increased burials and funeral
services performed, along with gains from solid cost control.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- After son dies of COVID, mother holds vaccine drive at his funeral
Betty Antoine's 46-year-old son Brandon died of COVID after refusing to get vaccinated.
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- After an assassination, Miami's Haitian community wonders: Who can fix this mess?
As another chapter in the saga that is Haiti comes to a close with the scheduled funeral
Friday of the slain president, Haitians ponder who can fix their beleaguered country.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Police vow to tackle 'pandemic of violence' in Birmingham on funeral day of fourth murdered teen
The chief constable of West Midlands Police has committed to making youth violence his top priority on the day the family of another murdered teenager bury their child - the fourth in five months.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Journalists Honor Georgian Cameraman Who Died After Mob Attack
Journalists, activists, and others gathered in Tbilisi on July 13 for the funeral
of Georgian television cameraman Lekso Lashkarava, who died after being viciously beaten while covering protests on July 5. ...
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Euro 2020 final: TV audience peaked at 31m as England lost on penalties
It's the most viewed event since the funeral
of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, seen by 32.1m.
BBC News. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Fire crews called out to blaze at Glasgow crematorium
The fire started at Linn Crematorium in Glasgow shortly after mourners had left a funeral
BBC News. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- Biden administration makes it easier to qualify for Covid funeral reimbursement
FEMA now lets applicants for Covid funeral
assistance receive funds even if the death certificate of a loved one doesn't cite the virus as a cause of death.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Princes William, Harry attend Princess Diana statue unveiling amid family tensions
It was the first time the brothers have appeared in public together since the funeral
of their grandfather, Prince Philip.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- FEMA COVID funeral reimbursement funds requirements simplified to help families get money faster
The Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, is implementing changes to make it easier for families who have lost loved ones to COVID-19 to get funeral
ABC News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- 'Explain to me why I shouldn't just tell you where to get off?' - Minister tackled over Hancock rule breach
Sky News presenter Trevor Phillips has challenged a Tory minister over the government's "one rule for us" mentality, saying people were not allowed to attend his daughter's funeral
because of COVID restrictions.
Sky News. Sunday, 27 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries