This Fuel news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about fuels from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Five reasons why Canada's 'shutdown' is a big deal
Justin Trudeau is under pressure, companies are getting spooked and farms are running low on fuel.
BBC News. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- FEMSA (FMX) Q4 Earnings Miss Estimates, Revenues Up Y/Y
FEMSA's (FMX) Q4 earnings miss estimates on a decline in operating income at the FEMSA Comercio Health Division and Coca-Cola FEMSA. Top-line growth across most operations fuels
Zacks. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Eco travel: What are our current options for green aviation
From innovations in fuel
efficiency to electric planes, green travel is a booming business. CNBC's Nessa Anwar explains "eco-travel" and what it means to be on an eco-friendly flight.
CNBC. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- World Fuel Services (INT) Q4 Earnings Beat Estimates
Services (INT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 35.94% and -1.28%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2019. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Eco-friendly biodiesel from palm oil?
Vegetable oil biofuels are increasingly used as an alternative to fossil fuels
despite the growing controversy regarding their sustainability. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Oil falls for fifth day on demand concerns as coronavirus spreads
Oil prices fell for a fifth day on Thursday to their lowest since January 2019 as a growing number of new coronavirus cases outside of China fuelled fears of a pandemic which could slow the global economy and lower crude demand.
CNBC. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Did U.S. companies help fuel fires in the Amazon rainforest?
"I think we're shielded from what our money is doing abroad," said Christian Poirier, the Brazil program director for Amazon Watch.
CBS News. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Explosion and fire breaks out at California oil refinery
Investigators are trying to figure out how a tremendous explosion and fire broke out at the largest fuel
refinery on the West Coast. Mola Lenghi reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Motley crew: Rust and light a possible answer to the conundrum of hydrogen fuel production
Production of hydrogen fuel
is a key goal towards the development of sustainable energy practices, but this process does not have feasible techniques yet. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- TJX Q4 sales and earnings spike on strong traffic
TJX Cos. continued to defy general brick-and-mortar trends as strong store traffic fueled a 6% increase in same-store sales and a 17% increase in profits. ...
Furniture Today. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Secret doorway in Parliament leads to historical treasure trove
Historical treasures - and evidence of a beer-fuelled party - are uncovered in the Commons restoration.
BBC News. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Consumer Confidence Edges Up to 6-Month High on Outlook
U.S. consumer confidence edged up to the best level in six months on an improvement in expectations, signaling that solid employment and cheap fuel
are helping Americans look past concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Father and son are jailed over the death of British teenager in Ayia Napa
Savvakis Georgiou Alexandrou, 18, was found floating in the pool several hours after slipping and drowning, following an alcohol-fuelled night of partying in Ayia Napa in August 2014.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Bernie Sanders' surge fuels 'clear the field' calls for Michael Bloomberg
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina — The black mayor of Columbia, South Carolina, is offering Democrats a dire warning: If Sen. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- 3 Impacts Of Coronavirus On College Admissions
The college admissions and college consulting industries have been fueled by international enrollment growth. But the spread of COVID-19 could change the landscape of college admissions for the foreseeable future.
Forbes. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
Fuels News Headlines and News Summaries