This Fuel news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about fuels from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amazon shareholders push retailer to cut back on fossil fuels
Online retail giant has never disclosed its total carbon footprint -- some investors had hoped to change that
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Target shares jump 7% as e-commerce gains fuel earnings beat
Target's e-commerce sales rose 42%. Shoppers are increasingly turning to curbside pickup for online orders, something Amazon can't offer.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Feds say San Onofre nuclear fuel transfers can resume
SAN ONOFRE, Calif. (AP) - Federal regulators are allowing operators of a closed Southern California nuclear power plant to resume transferring nuclear waste to a storage facility. The San Diego Union-Tribune says the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Report: LA's Rat-Infested Garbage Fueling Typhoid Fears
Reportedly fueling fear about a typhoid epidemic is rat-infested garbage left uncollected by the city of Los Angeles in the wake of a record number of 2018 cases of flea-borne typhus.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Businesses are paying their smallest share of tax revenue since 1960
The IRS data adds fuel to criticism that corporations aren't paying their fair share.
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Drugmakers ask court to dismiss Arkansas opioid lawsuit
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Three drug manufacturers are asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit that Arkansas' attorney general filed accusing the companies of deceptive marketing that fueled a spike in opioid abuse. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Fuel, Electricity Shortages Force Zimbabweans to Go Solar
Zimbabweans are turning to solar energy for survival after the government began to cut the power supply for long periods of time amid severe fuel and electricity shortages. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Study: 2016 Outcome Fueled by 'Secret' Trump Voters
"Secret" supporters of Donald Trump - those who never acknowledged to family and friends that they voted for him for president in 2016 - doubled those who secretly backed Hillary Clinton, a new study reveals.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- The Other Reasons Kids Aren't Getting Vaccinations: Poverty And Health Care Access
Religious and ideological opposition to vaccines has fueled the current measles outbreak. But there's another factor driving low vaccination rates in some communities: poverty.
NPR. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- How to do that gender face swap thing everyone's talking about - CNET
New Snapchat filters are fueling the sensation.
CNET. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Manchester Airport cancels flights
A "power issue" affects fuelling at Manchester Airport, causing delays and 87 flight cancellations.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- 1 dead, 8 shot at high school graduation party in Alabama
Alabama authorities say a high school graduation party fueled by alcohol spiraled out of control early Saturday, leaving one person dead.
Fox News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- ONC's Rucker: 'app economy' could ease EHR access, quality reporting
ONC Chief Dr. Donald Rucker discussed how APIs could fuel healthcare's "app economy" during remarks at Modern Healthcare's Healthcare Transformation Summit in Austin.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- How one company turns pollution into fuel
CNBC's Julia Boorstin reports from Lanzatech Lab, mission-driven disrupter companies on CNBC's Disrupter 50 list. The company listed at number 15 and it turns carbon emissions into ethanol.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Clutha inquiry: Pilot warned of faulty fuel reading
The Clutha inquiry hears how engineers were warned of problem fuel readings two months before the crash.
BBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Fuel being pumped into a car
Related Directory Page(s)
Fuels News Headlines and News Summaries