This Fuel news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about fuels from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How an army of Reddit users upended the stock market
An army of amateur traders loosely organizing on Reddit have shaken up preconceived notions about the stock market as they fueled the meteoric rise of GameStop stock.
ABC News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- President Biden to Sign Executive Order, Pausing Oil and Gas Leasing
The president on Wednesday will sign an array of executive orders elevating climate change at every level of the federal government. The fossil fuel
industry expressed strong opposition.
New York Times. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Winter Reading List: Seven Books To Fuel Your 2021 Vision
With social distancing still in place, more time at home provides the opportunity to dig deeper into ourselves and find a better path forward.
Forbes. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Top Technologies Transforming Energy In 2021
With fossil fuel
demand expected to peak towards the end of the decade and clean energy deployment accelerating, what are the top energy technologies to watch in 2021?
Forbes. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- General Motors partners with Navistar to supply fuel-cell technology for new semitruck
The companies are billing the undisclosed financial partnership as a "complete solution" for customers of Illinois-based truck manufacturer Navistar.
CNBC. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Airline Stock Q4 Earnings: Key Predictions for LUV, AAL, JBLU
Even though softness in passenger revenues is likely to hurt the Q4 results of Southwest Airlines (LUV), American Airlines (AAL) and JetBlue (JBLU), low fuel
costs are expected to have offered some respite.
Zacks. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Brexit and COVID have slammed the not-so-United Kingdom. Its survival may be in danger
The pandemic's toll and anger over Brexit in Scotland and Northern Ireland are fueling warnings that the United Kingdom could be headed for a breakup.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Saga cruises boosted by vaccine jab roll-out
Saga said pent-up demand fuelled a surge from 69 per cent to 86 per cent in people rebooking rather than taking a refund, after it put its travel operations on ice amid the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
Clean Energy Fuels
(CLNE) closed the most recent trading day at $11.54, moving -1.2% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Biden Reportedly Prepared To Issue Moratorium On Fossil Fuel Leases For Federal Lands
'An imminent, existential threat to our way of life'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Start-up tackling decarbonization of trucking sector gets funding from Amazon climate fund, Grantham
Amazon's $2 billion Climate Pledge Fund just announced its latest investment: Infinium, which is a start-up making electrofuels to cut emissions in the transportation sector.
CNBC. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- How Options Trading Could Be Fueling a Stock Market Bubble
A swell of individual investors are betting that stocks will go up. That enthusiasm is having a growing influence over the regular stock market itself.
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- 'A 12-week delay IS safe': Vaccines expert slams health bosses for fuelling concerns about Covid jab
Professor Adam Finn, a member of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation which advises the Government, accused the doctors' union of misleading the public over the injections.
Daily Mail. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- GameStop Trading Halted After Reddit-Fueled Price Explosion
The stock opened at $96.73 and reached a high of $149.68.
Daily Caller. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Did Reddit Fuel GameStop's Massive Stock Surge?
The popular forum WallStreetBets bet on GameStop, and investors went all in.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
Fuels News Headlines and News Summaries