This Fuel news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about fuels from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Unemployment Rate Fell To 3.5% In September As Labor Market Added 263,000 Jobs
The new data signals the economy may not be cooling quickly enough for the Federal Reserve to ease up on interest rate hikes that are fueling bearishness in the stock market.
Forbes. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- UK defies climate warnings with new oil and gas licences
More than 100 licences are expected to be granted for new fossil fuel
exploration in the North Sea.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- China Is the Wild Card in the Energy War With Russia
Slower growth in China has braked the rise in world energy prices and Russian riches, but Beijing has also stepped up its purchases of Russian fossil fuels.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Joe Biden has hampered domestic energy industry while pleading for more foreign oil
President Biden has waged a war on fossil fuels, hampering domestic production even as he has turned to foreign dictators in Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for more oil.
Fox News. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Do YOU have 31 items of clothes you never wear? Fast fashion fuels climate fears
Recycling body Wrap found the average UK adult owns 118 garments - of which a quarter, 31 items, go unworn and unloved for at least a year. Pictured: A clothing store (stock image).
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- This Retail Holiday Shopping Season, Self-Expression Will Be Trending
From great breads to great beards our passions have fueled a bevy of online niche retailers. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- High Fuel Costs Hit Ryanair (RYAAY), Air-Travel Demand Aids
Ryanair (RYAAY) expects its fiscal 2023 air traffic to be 165 million, indicating 11% growth from the pre-COVID traffic numbers.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Gol Linhas (GOL) Rides on Air-Travel Demand, Fuel Costs Ail
Consolidated traffic improves 41.4% year over year at Gol Linhas (GOL) in September.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- RAC warns motorists fuel prices will 'inevitably' soar due to OPEC+ decision to cut oil production
UK motoring groups, including the RAC, have today warned that OPEC+'s cut in exports will 'inevitably' lead to soaring petrol and diesel prices.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Energy supplies, the price of gold and the Great British Pub of the Year
On today's episode, Ian King speaks to an energy expert about fuel
prices increasing and warnings about gas supplies. There's also a discussion about how investors are staying away from gold. ...
Sky News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Petrol price rise warning after Opec oil output cut
Major oil producers including Saudi Arabia will pump less, raising fears of higher fuel
BBC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Louisiana becomes latest red state to give the boot to BlackRock over climate policies
Louisiana will divest nearly $800 million in state funds by the end of the year from BlackRock over its pivot away from fossil fuel
investments, the state's treasurer informed the company's CEO on Wednesday.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Taliban-Russia Deal A Drop In The Bucket That Could Fuel Future Trade
The Taliban has announced a deal with Moscow to import gasoline, diesel fuel, and wheat, making Russia one of the handful of countries willing to trade with Afghanistan's new rulers. ...
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- 'Faster than we expected': Summer drought made at least 20 times more likely by climate breakdown
The summer drought suffered by the northern hemisphere was made 20 times more likely by climate breakdown, fuelling hotter temperatures that parched soils across an enormous area of the globe, a new study has found.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Protecting the Peatlands of Ireland as Fuel Costs Skyrocket
One in seven Irish households still burn peat for heat. New rules are aimed at discouraging a practice that many consider part of the culture.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
Fuels News Headlines and News Summaries