This Fuel news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about fuels from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ukraine tensions: How Europe's eco policies increased reliance on Russian gas
Europe's 'green transition' was supposed to make it more energy secure and cut its reliance on fossil fuels
- but in reality it has actually led the continent to become more reliant on foreign imports.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Cruise ship heads to Bahamas after U.S. issues arrest warrant
The Crystal Symphony was supposed to dock in Miami but sailed to the Bahamas after a U.S. judge granted an order to seize the vessel as part of a lawsuit over unpaid fuel.
CBS News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- 4 Transportation Stocks Poised for an Earnings Beat in Q4
costs are likely to have partly hurt the fourth-quarter 2021 performances of Expeditors (EXPD), Norfolk Southern (NSC), Landstar (LSTR) and Gol Linhas (GOL).
Zacks. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Cruise ship diverted to the Bahamas after US allowed to seize vessel over $4m unpaid fuel bill
A cruise ship carrying hundreds of passengers was supposed to dock in Miami on Saturday, but has instead sailed to the Bahamas to avoid being seized by US authorities.
Sky News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Cruise Has Surprise Ending After Judge Orders Ship Seized Over Debts
The Crystal Symphony was set to arrive in Miami on Saturday, but it was diverted to the Bahamas after a U.S. judge ordered the ship seized over $4.6 million in unpaid fuel
New York Times. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- School Districts Ready for Return After Omicron Fueled Cancellations
New data shows the omicron variant wave in North Texas may be peaking right now.
NBC. Sunday, Jan 23 2022.
- Cruise ship with hundreds of passengers diverts to Bahamas after US issues arrest warrant over unpaid bills
The Crystal Symphony diverted to the Bahamas after a U.S. warrant was issued over $1.2 million in unpaid fuel
Fox News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Omicron infections decline, but hospitalization rates remain high
While COVID-19 infections fueled by the Omicron variant are leveling off nationwide, some states are still seeing high rates of hospitalizations and deaths. Lilia Luciano has more.
CBS News. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Oregon Christmas killer could go free after just 14 years of 25 to life sentence if Gov. Brown grants clemency
Dale Rost III was a father of five from Oregon when he went out to walk his dog just before Christmas in 2005 and encountered a couple of meth-fueled thugs who forced him to strip naked and tied him up.
Fox News. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- JetBlue (JBLU) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in the Offing?
costs are likely to have dented JetBlue's (JBLU) Q4 performance.
Zacks. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Ukraine Accuses Russia of Sending Mercenaries to Rebel Territories
The claim of soldiers for hire joining Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine adds fuel
to fears that Moscow will start a new offensive.
New York Times. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Column: Chevron builds a 'newsroom' to tell stories it doesn't think an independent press will cover
A job posting by Chevron indicates the fossil fuel
company is hiring staff to write articles on the company's behalf.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Netflix shares drop after announcing it added fewer new subscribers than expected
Netflix shares dropped nearly 20 percent in post-trading after announcing first-quarter subscriber growth Thursday, wiping away most of its remaining pandemic-fueled gains from 2020.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Police Scotland say no cases of spiking by injection identified
A senior officer says she believes the reporting of the incidents was fuelled by media attention.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Biden administration announces plan to confront worsening wildfires
The plan quadruples the government's fuels
and forest health treatments as wildfires grow more frequent and intense with climate change.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
Fuels News Headlines and News Summaries