This Fruit and Vegetable news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fruit and vegetable news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump-shaped fruits are in 'big demand' before election, Chinese farmer says
Hey, that pepper looks familiar.
Fox News. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Puerto Rico scraps campaign promoting masturbation
The health department's poster used a suggestive image of a thumb pressed into a grapefruit and drew scorn from the island's Catholic population.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Figs on toast becomes the next trendy hipster dish to take over Instagram
The latest culinary creation to take over social media is figs, with foodies around the world pairing the fruit
with both sweet and savoury ingredients such as goats cheese and honey.on toast.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Texas City bakery gives part of their profits to different small business each week
This is what community is all about! Bear Fruit
Bakery gives 25 percent of profits to a different small business each week.
ABC News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Research provides a new understanding of how a model insect species sees color
Through an effort to characterize the color receptors in the eyes of the fruit
fly Drosophila melanogaster, researchers discovered the spectrum of light it can see deviates significantly from what was previously recorded.
Science Daily. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- 3-door electric Fiat 500 is forbidden fruit for US buyers
The Fiat 500 Electric 3+1 has three passenger doors to make it easier to get into the back seat of the micro-compact car. Unfortunately for American fans, it won't be sold in the USA.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Ohio Brewery May Have The Best Fruit Beers In The Nation
Pickle beers may sound odd, but this Cincinnati brewery has a magical touch for extreme and fruity beers.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- The myth of the immortal Twinkie is dead, thanks to a new analysis of moldy snack cakes
After eight years, a Twinkie in Colin Purrington's basement "was chewy, unsweet, and smelled like rotting ginkgo fruit," he said.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Asda opens 'sustainability store' with cereals in refillable containers and fruit sold loose
Household essentials including teabags and cereals will be sold via refillable containers at a trial sustainability Asda store.
Sky News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- The Promise of Pawpaw
Issues like climate change, economic inequity and access to food have brought more attention to this creamy fruit
and its resilient tree.
New York Times. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Rope Bridges Save the Most Endangered Primates From Making Death-Defying Leaps
After an avalanche destroyed part of the rainforest, a bit of infrastructure connects the gibbons to their favorite fruit-filled trees
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Buy 5 Corporate Giants Ahead of Earnings Results Next Week
Five corporate behemoths with a favorable Zacks Rank are poised to beat earnings estimates next week. Investment in these stocks will be fruitful at this stage.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Europe Can Now Put Tariffs On $4 Billion In U.S. Products Each Year, Including Boeing Jets, Ketchup And Citrus Fruit
The new decision from the World Trade Organization is related to an ongoing trade dispute between Europe and the United States over subsidies to aircraft manufacturers.
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Australian boss fined over Belgian backpacker's fruit-picking death
Olivier Max Caramin collapsed from heat stress after picking fruit
for hours in the sun.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Martha Stewart on making your own jam
Autumn is the time for preserving the fruits of the year's harvest. Cookbook author Martha Stewart offers a lesson in preparing delicious blueberry preserves.
CBS News. Sunday, 4 Oct 2020.
Fruits & Vegetables News Headlines and News Summaries