This Fruit and Vegetable news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fruit and vegetable news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shocked Aldi shopper finds VERY rude-looking fruit in his weekly shop
Johnny O'Connell, 43, of Morpeth, Northumberland, burst out laughing when he discovered the seven-inch fruit
which bears a striking resemblance to male genitalia.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- The man 'allergic to food and wine': American, 36, broke out in rashes and fell every time he ate
Some people may hate vegetables so much they think they're allergic to them. But doctors have found the first man who really is. The unnamed American man suffered in silence for 17 years.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Inflation, labor shortages could put future of U.S. orchards in jeopardy
Apple farmers say they're struggling to grow and sell the fall fruit
due to inflation and labor shortages.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Great Yarmouth: Authority bans planting of 'hazardous' fruit trees
Windfalls are a slip hazard and could be "used as missiles", the borough council was told.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- The farmers caught up in Taiwan's tensions with China
growers are unable to sell their crop after Beijing banned their importation.
BBC News. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Michigan warns of produce possibly contaminated with human waste
Safety inspectors say local farm treated vegetable
crops with raw sewage and sold the produce to local grocers.
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Smart Balance vegetable spread pledges return to old recipe after 'skimpflation' backlash
Smart Balance vegetable
spread will return to its old recipe after an attempt to water it down sparked customer complaints about "skimpflation," food company Conagra Brands confirmed Wednesday.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Dragon Fruit Is Showing Up All Over. So Why Are Farmers Leaving the Business?
The flavor is a fixture on drink menus. But competition from abroad has South Florida growers rethinking their commitment to a once-lucrative crop that requires a lot of investment and care.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Looking for fall vibes? Here are 8 places to pick apples within driving distance of L.A.
Apple orchards across California are welcoming locals and travelers alike to pick their own fruit
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- The Absolute Best Sheet Pans, According To Rigorous Testing
Whether you're baking sweet treats, roasting chicken and vegetables or prepping a homemade pizza, these are the best sheet pans for the job.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Babies in the womb 'smile for carrots and cry at greens', study suggests
Babies in the womb react positively when their mothers eat carrots but appear to cry after they have eaten green vegetables, a study suggests.
Sky News. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- WATCH: Fruit bat gets the best head massage
bat is the epitome of complete relaxation.
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- 3 Highly-Ranked Stocks Income Investors Can't Ignore
In addition to steep dividend payouts, all three stocks sport a strong Zacks Rank, telling us that business is fruitful and their near-term earnings outlook is bright.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Le Jardinier Returns To Midtown Manhattan After Pandemic Closure
The lush, vegetable-driven restaurant returns on Sept. 8 with a refreshed food & beverage menu.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- Is Breadfruit the Climate Change-Proof Food of the Future?
New research suggests it will fare better than our current staple crops under warming conditions
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022.
Fruits & Vegetables News Headlines and News Summaries