This Fruit and Vegetable news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about fruit and vegetable news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Egyptian fruit bats trade food for sex
A new study finds that female Egyptian fruit bats form bonds with particular male bats to exchange mating for nourishment.
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Fruit of the Loom losing about 100 jobs, most in Kentucky
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - Fruit of the Loom says it is cutting about 100 jobs, mostly at its headquarters in Kentucky. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Kwik Trip veggie trays again linked to salmonella
Wisconsin-based convenience store chain Kwik Trip has removed some vegetable trays from its stores after several reported illnesses in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Fox News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- 8 Things Nutritionists Don't Eat and Neither Should You
We know that fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are good for us, and that soda, donuts, and French fries are not. But between the obvious good and bad foods are dozens of other items that are not so clearly defined. ...
Newsmax. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Geneticists continue to unravel how genes impact drug use and addiction
Research is revealing new insights into how genes impact drug use and addiction through a novel study of susceptibility to the effects of cocaine and methamphetamine in fruit flies.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- 18 reported tornadoes in 4 states as flooding and severe storms head east
Grapefruit-sized hail was reported in Texas.
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Drinking Fruit Juices Can Shorten Your Life
Most folks know that sugary drinks aren't healthy, but a new study finds fruit juices are not much better.In fact, consuming them regularly may help shorten your life, researchers say.
Newsmax. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Sting, Trudie Styler, and a villa in Italy
The singer-musician and his wife bought the dilapidated, 400-year-old Il Palagio, in Tuscany, for a song or two, and have brought the olive groves, vineyards and vegetable gardens back to life
CBS News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Chef Jonathan Benno reveals his signature recipes
Benno's dishes include a roasted leg of lamb with a roasted garlic puree, and ravioli with spring vegetables, ricotta, and brown butter
CBS News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Calories, Carbs, Fat, Fiber: Unraveling The Links Between Breast Cancer And Diet
A new study finds that women who ate a low-fat diet and more fruits, vegetables and grains, lowered their risk of dying from breast cancer. But which of those factors provided the protective effect?
NPR. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- British backpacker claims she was lured into slave labour at a Bundaberg region fruit picking farm
A British backpacker has claimed she was lured into slave labour when she was made to wake up early and work more than four hours a day on a fruit farm in the Bundaberg region in Queensland..
Daily Mail. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Hungry City: Nigerian Soups and Jollof Rice at Hills Kitchen in Brooklyn
The new Bushwick restaurant, one of the surprisingly few Nigerian spots in the city, serves vegetable-heavy dishes.
New York Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Pasty-lovers outraged as Ginsters unveil a 'Vegan Moroccan' bake
The savoury snack maker has become the latest to cash in on the vegan craze, by launching its own Vegan Moroccan Vegetable Pasty. The new product will go on sale in supermarkets on Monday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Less fat, more fruit may cut risk of dying of breast cancer
A large experiment finds that trimming dietary fat and eating more fruits and vegetables may lower a woman's risk of dying of breast cancer
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- A Stinky Durian Fruit Led to the Evacuation of an Australian Library
It was initially feared that the overwhelming stench stemmed from a gas leak
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Selection of fresh fruit and vegetables
Related Directory Page(s)
Fruits & Vegetables News Headlines and News Summaries