This French news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about French and France news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 570 people have died in nursing homes in France's eastern region since the coronavirus outbreak
Deaths have soared in more than 400 nursing homes affected by coronavirus in France's Grand-Est region but are not being counted as part of the national total, officials have revealed.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- British journalist says she was victim of French paedophile author Gabriel Matzneff
Francesca Gee, 63, says the disgraced author groomed her for three years in the 1970s and that he would wait outside her school every day when she was just 15 years old.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Jones agrees new England deal through to 2023 World Cup
Eddie Jones agrees a new deal to continue coaching England through to the Rugby World Cup in France
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Jones set to extend England deal until 2023
Eddie Jones is set to agree a new deal to continue coaching England through to the Rugby World Cup in France
BBC News. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Booking a table at Asia's No. 1 restaurant just got easier
A restaurant in Singapore once again takes the top spot on Asia's 50 Best Restaurant List. Helmed by French
chef Julien Royer, the French-Asian inspired Odette was also named the 18th best restaurant in the world in 2019.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Spotify expands Kids app to US, Canada and France - CNET
Spotify Kids is here to entertain young ones.
CNET. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Global stocks mostly rise amid continuing outbreak worries
TOKYO (AP) - Global shares were mostly higher after China reported strong manufacturing data, extending an overnight rally on Wall Street. France's CAC 40 added 1.5% in early trading to 4,443.47. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Dr. Oz Reports on Success of Drug Combo to Fight Virus
study involving 80 patients infected with the COVID-19 virus being treated with a drug cocktail yielded promising results. Dr. Mehmet Oz ...
Newsmax. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Italy, Spain Hardest Hit by Coronavirus in Europe
expecting the worst to come, Germany has managed to keep the death toll low compared with high number of infections.
Voice of America. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus: Family desperate to visit dying 90-year-old woman at nursing home
Frances Schreiner says the staff at Atria Senior Living will not allow her to visit her 90-year-old mother Nita due to COVID-19 restrictions, despite being told by doctors her mother only has a month to live.
ABC News. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Italian hospital says it's turning scuba masks into ventilators
It's a quick fix Dr. Franceso Minardi likens to wartime triage.
CBS News. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Developing a vaccine takes 10 years. Sanofi seeks to do so within 18 months
"I can assure you, for one of the leading companies like ourselves, we're doing everything we can to be there as fast as we can," said Paul Hudson, CEO of the French
pharmaceutical giant Sanofi.
CNBC. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Four Kidnapped Christian Aid Workers Returned From Iraq
Their liberation comes the day France
began pulling out troops from Iraq
Daily Caller. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Daily bread? In France, fighting virus 1 baguette at a time
LE VESINET, France
(AP) - In France, the fight against COVID-19 is being waged one baguette at a time. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- France sees 24-hour spike in coronavirus casualties, becomes 5th nation with death toll topping 1,000
reported 240 coronavirus fatalities in just 24 hours Wednesday, making it the fifth country to surpass a death toll of 1,000 since the outbreak began in China late last year.
Fox News. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
French Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries