This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- What it takes to turn an old passenger plane into a cargo hauler
A boom in air cargo
fueled record orders for old passenger planes to be converted into freighter aircraft.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- C.H. Robinson (CHRW) Likely to Hire Its New CEO From Ford
C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is suffering from weak freight
demand. As a result, its shares decline 15.1% in a year.
Zacks. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Signal system error caused deadly India train accident, official says
The error caused a train in India to wrongly change tracks and crash into a freight
train on Friday night.
CBS News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- Rescuers battle through wreckage to help survivors in India after train disaster kills nearly 300
Rescuers waded through the wreckage to pull out bodies and free survivors on Saturday after two passenger trains derailed in India, hitting a stationary freight
train on an adjacent track
Daily Mail. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- "Narco sub" seized as crew tries in vain to sink 5,300 pounds of cocaine
Officials said the crew tried to open valves and sink the vessel along with its drug-laden cargo
. It didn't work.
CBS News. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- 2 Dividend-Paying Air Freight & Cargo Stocks You May Count On
Here we pick two air freight
stocks, Union Parcel (UPS) and FedEx (FDX), which have a solid five-year dividend growth history.
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Amazon's air cargo head changes jobs, will now oversee workplace-safety unit
Sarah Rhoads, who joined Amazon in 2011, has become one of Amazon's top logistics executives and helped to rapidly expand its air-cargo arm.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Illinois senate passes bill paving way for south suburban cargo airport
Illinois will officially begin looking into a possible third airport in the Chicago area after the senate passed a bill requiring IDOT to begin the process that could lead to a cargo
airport in Peotone.
ABC News. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Artificial intelligence to hit workplace 'like a freight train', energy boss warns
The government must act to prepare for artificial intelligence (AI) to hit the workplace "like a freight
train", the boss of one of Britain's leading energy companies has told Sky News.
Sky News. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Local Swimmer Discovers 1,800-Year-Old Marble Cargo Shipwreck In Israel
The power of the planet at hiding our history is incredible
Daily Caller. Monday, 15 May 2023.
- Claim South Africa passed weapons to Russia is 'serious issue', says White House
White House National Security Council spokesman Admiral John Kirby has described reports that a Russian cargo
ship transported weapons from a port in South Africa to Russia in December as a "serious issue".
Sky News. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- Senate panel OKs rail-safety bill; railroad vows to help homeowners affected by Ohio derailment
A Senate committee on Wednesday approved a rail-safety bill introduced after the derailment of a freight
train in East Palestine, Ohio, but its fate remains uncertain due to significant Republican opposition.
Washington Times. Thursday, 11 May 2023.
- Blast Causes 2nd Train Derailment in 2 Days in Russia
An explosion derailed a freight
train for the second day in a row in a Russian region bordering Ukraine on Tuesday, sending both the locomotive and some cars off the tracks, authorities said. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 2 May 2023.
- Saboteurs derail Russian freight train with explosives 37 miles from Ukraine
Saboteurs today derailed a Russian freight
train and destroyed power cables with explosive devices in a double blow for Vladimir Putin.
Daily Mail. Monday, 1 May 2023.
- Explosion Derails Freight Train in Bryansk Region of Russia, Local Official Says
The blast was the latest in a spate of apparent attacks to hit the area bordering Ukraine.
New York Times. Monday, 1 May 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries