This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Latest Amtrak incident third deadly crash in less than two months
Amtrak's CEO blames a freight
train operator for its latest deadly accident. An engineer and conductor were killed in the crash in South Carolina, and more than 100 people were injured. ...
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Train collision in South Carolina kills two Amtrak personnel
CBS News Transportation Correspondent Kris Van Cleave gives an update on the collision between a freight
train and an Amtrak passenger train early Sunday morning in South Carolina.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Moment two migrants appear feet-first from hole cut in side of lorry in west London
The stowaways jumped out of the opening they made just five minutes after the truck arrived in a freight
company yard in Hounslow, west London last week.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Citroen's My Ami Cargo is a tiny electric van with a 47-mile range
The new commercial vehicle is based on the Citroen's diminutive Ami electric car, which measures in at a mere 2.4m long, 1.5m tall and 1.4m wide.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Monster Beverage's (MNST) Q1 Earnings Lag Estimates, Sales Beat
issues and aluminum can shortages, continued strength in the energy drink category aided Monster Beverage's (MNST) Q1 results.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Cheniere (LNG) Delivers Non-Carbon LNG Cargo From Louisiana Facility
Cheniere Energy (LNG) supplies a carbon-neutral LNG cargo
to Shell as part of the companies' long-term LNG Sale and Purchase Agreement to deliver carbon-neutral US LNG to Europe.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Boeing beefs up business to convert old 737 passenger planes into cargo jets
Boeing inked a partnership with a Costa Rica-based company to convert old 737 planes into cargo
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- The Latest: Germany airlifts oxygen equipment to India
BERLIN - A German military cargo
aircraft with a mobile oxygen production unit for India has departed from an airport in northern Germany to help Indian hospitals that are overwhelmed with coronavirus pandemic patients. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Minneapolis airport scare as 9-year-old rides baggage conveyor belt system
A Minneapolis airport almost lost some valuable cargo
when a 9-year-old boy went on a ride through the baggage check system, according to reports.
Fox News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Delivering Air Cargo During a Pandemic Has Been No Small Feat
A former fighter pilot has what it takes to manage Amazon's growing aviation division
Smithsonian. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Row over freight services after ferry breakdown
Western Isles Council says replacement ferries for the Loch Seaforth do not have the capacity to cope with demand.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- West Coast Bubble Tea Shops Brace for Boba Shortage as Cargo Ships Jam Los Angeles Ports
The popular sweet drink might not be available in some locations for awhile due to shipping delays
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Suspended night freight ferry service resumes
The service was temporarily stopped following a breakdown on CalMac's largest ferry, the Loch Seaforth.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Iran Vows to Increase Uranium Enrichment After Attack on Nuclear Site
Iran also attacked an Israeli cargo
ship at sea, raising tensions but causing little or no damage.
New York Times. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- The Clever Reason Some Cargo Trucks Have Quilt-Patterned Rear Doors
Stainless steel rear doors are a pretty common sight on truck-heavy highways, but the surfaces are not all smooth.
Mental Floss. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries