This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chevron (CVX) Delivers First Offset-Paired LNG Cargo Shipment
Chevron (CVX) delivers its first-ever shipment of offset-paired liquefied natural gas cargo
Zacks. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- WATCH: Man staggers across railroad tracks before close call
Surveillance footage shows a man staggering across railroad tracks just moments before a freight
train comes through.
ABC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Air cargo rates slump but some companies see long-term strength
is a tiny part of the overall cargo
market, but it's been pushed to the forefront during the pandemic.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Ocean freight orders are signaling a big drop in consumer demand
Maritime shipping orders were down 20% in September and October looks similar as consumer demand drops and carriers cancel as many as half of vessels sailings.
CNBC. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Air Force grounds over 100 cargo planes over defective propeller barrels that could CRACK
The Air Force Mobility Command has confirmed it grounded a large number of its C-130 Hercules cargo
planes over concerns that they were built with faulty propeller barrels.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- NIKE (NKE) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Beat on Brand Strength
NIKE's (NKE) Q1 results reflect gains from brand strength and robust consumer demand. Elevated freight
and logistics costs, as well as unfavorable currency, are concerning.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Better Stock to Buy Now: FedEx or UPS?
Despite widespread macro headwinds, lucrative federal investments in the U.S. transportation infrastructure are expected to bode well for the freight
and logistics industry, which possesses a significantly positive outlook. ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Northwest suburban mayors, first responders testify against massive railroad merger
Fire and police chiefs have said the longer freight
trains could also make it difficult for them to respond to emergencies while they wait to cross the tracks.
ABC News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Cargo plane submerged nose-first in French lake
An investigation is ongoing after the aircraft overshot the runway at Montpellier Airport.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Plane overshoots runway and ends up in lake - forcing French airport to close 'indefinitely'
An airport in France has been closed "indefinitely" after a cargo
plane went too far on landing, with its front end finishing up in a lake.
Sky News. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Plane overshoots runway and ends up nose-down in lake forcing easyJet to cancel flights
EasyJet was forced to cancel flights between London Gatwick and Montpellier in the south of France after a cargo
plane overshot the runway and ended up nose-down in a lake adjacent to the airport
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- On summer's hottest days, Amazon workers brought their own thermometers
During this month's historic heat wave, employees at Amazon's largest West Coast air freight
facility were conducting their own workplace temperature checks.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Migrating Borders osprey hitched a ride on cargo ships
Researchers find the bird - which was tagged in the Borders - took an unusual route south to Spain.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- 9/9: CBSN AM
Four crew members missing after cargo
ship capsizes; Billy Bush returns to TV after lewd Trump video
CBS News. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- 9/11: CBSN AM
plane crashes near Toldeo, Ohio; stranded family saved by message in a bottle
CBS News. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries