This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lower Production & Rising Costs Ail American Axle (AXL)
Higher manufacturing costs resulting from tariffs, material freight
and inflationary pressures, and program launch costs affect American Axle's (AXL) financials.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- US-China trade war leaves Europe as collateral damage
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Like a sleek Mercedes crunched between two freight
trucks, Europe's economy is being knocked off course by the conflict between the U.S. and China over trade. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- China charters first US crude cargo since newest Trump tariff threat
Chinese oil trader Unipec chartered a supertanker to ship U.S. crude to China in September, trading sources said, the first such cargo
since U.S. ...
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Stunning cargo-laden ancient shipwrecks discovered off Greek island
Five cargo-laden ancient shipwrecks have been discovered off a small Greek island.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Expeditors (EXPD) Q2 Earnings Top, Rise Y/Y on Higher Revenues
Expeditors (EXPD) performs impressively in the second quarter owing to the rise in revenues at the Ocean Freight
and Ocean Services as well as Customs Brokerage and Other Services.
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Trump's new tariffs threaten air cargo industry with more gloom
airlines warn that tariffs are hurting demand and prompting them to cut capacity, a trend that could signal broader economic weakness.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- That was freightening! Couple sent crashing to the ground by a speeding train
A couple wanted to record a 'touching' video by train tracks in Meizhou City, south China. But as the train sped past just inches behind them they were blown to the ground.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Fed-up land owner leaves notices on cars parked on his ground
Up to 30 vehicles a day are being left on the stretch of ground on Cargo
Fleet Road in Middlesborough owned by Keith Hussain who runs nearby business Sign Worx.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Armed robbers steal $40 million worth of gold and other metals in airport heist
A team of armed robbers disguised as police officers stole millions of dollars worth of gold and other metals from an airport cargo
terminal in Sao Paulo, Brazil. "CBS This Morning" has the story.
CBS News. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- SpaceX cargo ship reaches space station
ship brings 2.5 tons of supplies and equipment to space station
CBS News. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- Via rail's case for major project better without Montreal-Quebec leg: internal doc
Via Rail is looking for financial support to build dedicated rail lines that would increase the frequency of trips, cut travel times and ensure its trains will no longer have to work around freight
schedules on borrowed tracks.
CBC News. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- Meet the mighty aircraft of the 2019 Royal International Air Tattoo - CNET
aircraft, fighter jets of the future, incredible aerial acrobatics and more at the largest military air show in the world.
CNET. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- FreightCar America closing Virginia plant, cutting 200 jobs
ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - A Virginia manufacturing plant is closing in the fall, putting 200 people out of work. The Roanoke Times reports that Roanoke Mayor Sherman Lea announced on Monday that FreightCar America will close by Nov. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Thousands Sign Petition in Defense of Athens ISD Bus Driver
More than 4,000 people have signed a petition urging authorities to drop charges against the man who was at the wheel of an Athens Independent School District bus when it was struck by a freight
train in... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- How to Make Money in the Freight Brokering Business
One expert's insights into taking advantage of new opportunities in the freight
and transportation industry.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries