This Freight news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US withdraws train crew proposal that came after explosions
The Trump administration is withdrawing a proposal for freight trains to have at least two crew members
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Amazon to Invest $100M to Build Lakeland Air Cargo Hub
Amazon (AMZN) reportedly plans to build an air cargo hub at Lakeland Linder International Airport, in a bid to ramp up delivery efforts.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- TJX Q1 sales, comps up on increased traffic
TJX Cos. posted a 6.8% jump in fiscal first quarter sales but a 2.3% decline in net profit, as higher wages added to expenses and increased freight costs ate into gross margins. ...
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- North Korea urges UN chief to act against US ship seizure
North Korea is denouncing the United States as "a gangster country" for recently seizing one of its cargo ships and is urging U.N. ...
ABC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Anti-arms trade protests as Saudi freighter docks in Italy
ROME (AP) - A Saudi Arabian freighter allegedly carrying weapons that could be used in the war in Yemen has docked at the Italian port of Genoa, despite protests by harbor workers. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- North Korea urges UN chief to address ship seizure by 'gangster' US
North Korea asked United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to deal with the "illegal" seizure of one of its cargo ships by the United States, state media said Saturday.
CNBC. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Logistics firm hiring for 500 cargo jobs at Rockford airport
ROCKFORD, Ill. (AP) - A logistics company says it plans to add 500 jobs at Chicago Rockford International Airport. The Rockford Register Star reports that Pinnacle Logistics already employs 235 people at the airport. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Factors Likely to Influence Ross Stores' (ROST) Q1 Earnings
Ross Stores' (ROST) store-expansion efforts are likely to drive its top line in first-quarter fiscal 2019. However, higher freight costs remain a persistent concern.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Citing unrest, US suspends air traffic with Venezuela
The United States on Wednesday suspended all commercial passenger and cargo flights between the U.S. and Venezuela, saying the political unrest and tensions there pose a risk to flights.
Fox News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Citing insecurity, Washington bars all air travel between U.S. and Venezuela
The U.S. Department of Transportation has ordered the suspension of all passenger and cargo flights between the United States and Venezuela, citing reports of unrest and violence around airports in the South American country.
CBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Driverless electric truck starts deliveries on Swedish public road
Resembling the helmet of a Star Wars stormtrooper, a driverless electric truck began daily freight deliveries on a public road in Sweden on Wednesday, in what developer Einride and logistics customer DB Schenker described as a world first.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- North Korea demands return of ship seized by US
Pyongyang says the US committed an "unlawful robbery" by seizing its cargo ship, the Wise Honest.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- North Korean cargo ship seized by US inspected in American Samoa
The Wise Honest was towed to the port of Pago Pago, the capital of American Samoa. The North Korean vessel is suspected of being in violation of international sanctions.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- 'Booby-trapped' boat sinks as police raid floating meth lab
A police raid on a cargo ship being used as a drugs laboratory was nearly scuppered after the boat was deliberately sunk in order to destroy evidence.
Sky News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- US seizes North Korea cargo ship linked to exporting tons of coal in violation of international sanctions
U.S. seizes North Korean cargo ship, cites violations of international sanctions for coal shipments.
Yahoo. Monday, 13 May 2019.
Train boxcars carrying freight
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries