This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Stowaway, 22, who survived flight in front wheel section of freight plane identified as Kenyan man
A stowaway who remarkably survived a brutal journey on a plane traveling from South Africa to the Netherlands (pictured inset) has been identified as a 22-year-old Kenyan man.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Caterpillar (CAT) Gears Up For Q4 Earnings: What to Expect?
Caterpillar's (CAT) fourth-quarter 2021 results are likely to reflect improved demand in its end markets that might have negated the impact of the high input and freight
costs and supply chain issues.
Zacks. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Factors Likely to Influence V.F. Corp (VFC) In Q3 Earnings
V.F. Corp (VFC) is expected to have gained from the Supreme buyout, solid demand and robust digital business in Q3. Supply-chain issues and higher freight
costs are likely to have been concerning.
Zacks. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight in wheel well from Africa to Europe
A stowaway was found alive in the wheel well of a cargo
airplane that traveled from South Africa to the Netherlands on Sunday, according to Dutch police.
ABC News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- No respite for China's stressed out supply chains as Covid-zero and new year holidays take a toll
Ahead of China's lunar new year, air freight
rates have spiked and shipping firms have suspended services, putting the spotlight on overwhelmed supply chains.
CNBC. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Stowaway survives flight from South Africa to Amsterdam in front wheel section of cargo plane
The man was discovered squeezed into the wheel section under the fuselage of a Cargolux Boeing 747 freight
plane at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport earlier today according to Dutch police
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Stowaway survives flight from Africa to Amsterdam hidden in wheel section of plane
Officers found a stowaway alive in the front wheel section of a Cargolux freight
plane that arrived at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport on Sunday, according to Dutch military police.
Sky News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Michigan man killed in 'tragic accident' on freighter along Gary shoreline in Indiana
The man was the second mate of the American Steamship Co. freighter, which was anchored offshore Gary and getting ready to come in and unload at the time of Gray's "tragic accident."
ABC News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom apologizes for referring to train thieves as members of gangs
California Gov. Gavin Newsom has apologized for referring to the criminals looting packages from Union Pacific freight
trains as “gang” members. “This is not one-off. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- How supply chain crunch, limited security, idle trains made cargo in L.A. vulnerable to thieves
The crush of cargo
at the ports of L.A. and Long Beach, plus limited security on rail lines, helped make cargo
trains vulnerable to theft, expert say.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Los Angeles train robberies: Congress members ask Garland for DOJ's help
Reps. Tom Tiffany, Michelle Steel and others are asking Attorney General Merrick Garland to investigate train robberies after photos and videos of LA train cargo
being looted went vial last week.
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Higher prices ahead for Tide detergent and other Procter & Gamble products as costs climb higher
Procter & Gamble is raising prices across more of its portfolio to protect its profit margins as commodity and freight
costs climb higher.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- SpaceX Veterans Aim To Shake Up Freight Rail With Electric, Robotic Trains
L.A.-based Parallel Systems, which just raised $50 million, thinks it can squeeze far more capacity out of existing rail lines.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- US airlines warn 5G could ground planes and cause 'chaos'
The chief executives of several major American passenger and cargo
airlines have warned of an impending "catastrophic" crisis that could come in less than two days when telecommunications companies deploy a new 5G service.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Thieves raid cargo containers in Los Angeles amid supply chain crisis
An alarming trend of thieves targeting unguarded cargo
containers is further hampering an already strained U.S. supply chain system. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries