This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lacking passengers, regional airline Mesa Air to start flying DHL cargo
Mesa Air to start flying cargo
for DHL as the regional airline lacks passengers because of the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Firefighters will battle blaze on board USS Bonhomme Richard for DAYS as Navy confirms 57 injured
More than 160 people had been aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard docked at the San Diego Naval Base in California when a fire started in the lower cargo
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Gol Linhas (GOL) Sees Demand Picking Up, Q2 RASK View Upbeat
With steady improvement in demand, Gol Linhas (GOL) increases July services to 250 flights per day from 120 flights in June. Thanks to rise in cargo
revenues, the airline's Q2 RASK view is bullish.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Transportation Experts Share Their Insights On Digital Freight Brokerages
Several experts on freight
transportation spoke about how digital freight
brokerage solutions are effecting the transportation market.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Travel blogger stranded on remote island spends TWO WEEKS on cargo ship
Travel blogger Eva zu Beck, 29, from Poland, found herself stranded on a Yemen island during the coronavirus crisis and revealed how she resorted to sailing for six days on a cargo
ship to get home.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Deutsche Post reports strong results, to pay staff bonus
Deutsche Post DHL, one of the world's biggest post andfreight companies, has been handling a big increase in parcel shipments during the pandemic.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Expanded Cargo Preferences May Be The Easiest Way To Rebuild The U.S. Maritime Industry
Mandating broader use cargo
preferences in U.S. trade would cost Washington nothing while rebuilding a strategic industry.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Severe thunderstorm winds in Texas derail 86 cars on train, cause 'significant' damage
A severe thunderstorm that blasted through west Texas on Tuesday was so powerful that it caused dozens of cars on a freight
train to derail and "significant" damage throughout the area, according to officials.
Fox News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Investigation after freight ferry runs aground at Aberdeen harbour
NorthLink's MV Arrow ran aground during manoeuvres on its arrival in Aberdeen from Lerwick.
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Australian man jumps bail, found hiding in air vent of cargo ship in attempt to flee country, police say
An Australian man facing sexual assault charges jumped bail and was found hiding in an air conditioning vent on a cargo
ship bound for Malaysia, authorities said Wednesday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- E-Commerce Perks Up Air Freight & Cargo Space Amid Coronavirus
E-Commerce Perks Up Air Freight
Space Amid Coronavirus
Zacks. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- 4 Ways the Freight Transport and Hospitality Industries Are Evolving
Learn the factors affecting the freight
transport and hospitality industries and how they're adapting.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- UPDATE 1-Baltic index logs record jump as capesize demand spikes
The Baltic Exchange's main sea freight
index recorded its biggest ever daily percentage jump on Wednesday, propelled by surging capesize rates due to a spike in iron-ore shipments.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- New nanoparticle drug combination for atherosclerosis
Physicochemical cargo-switching nanoparticles (CSNP) can help significantly reduce cholesterol and macrophage foam cells in arteries, which are the two main triggers for atherosclerotic plaque and inflammation.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- This Waterproof Storage Bag Is Perfect For Summer Road Trips
Whether you're jetting off to the campgrounds or driving cross-country, this cargo
bag is a road trip must-have.
Daily Caller. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries