This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Will Freight Softness Mar Old Dominion's (ODFL) Q3 Earnings?
Coronavirus-led weak freight
market conditions are likely to have hurt Old Dominion's (ODFL) Q3 performance. However, low costs are expected to have aided the bottom line.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Three RNLI lifeboats save Lily B freighter from grounding in Wexford
The 4,000-tonne Lily B declared an emergency after losing power on Tuesday afternoon and being pushed towards the rocks at Hook Head in Wexford on Ireland's east coast.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Vaccine Transporters Feel Unprepared For The Distributive Effort Ahead
As pharmaceutical companies conduct phase 3 vaccine trials, air cargo
transporters are cautious about the logistics involved in the mass distribution of a Covid-19 vaccine.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Here's Why Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL) is a Great Momentum Stock to Buy
Does Old Dominion Freight
Line (ODFL) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Border Patrol finds 27 illegal immigrants trapped inside train cars in Texas
Border agents in Texas found 27 illegal immigrants trapped inside multiple freight
train cars they were using to secretly enter deeper into the United States, authorities said Monday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Shipping Delays During Covid-19? The Missing Link Might Not Be What You Think.
Containers and pallets help to make logistics more efficient, but what happens when they are not available? The decline in air cargo
coupled with rising demand for ocean creates an imbalance of containers. ...
Forbes. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Chris Christie: 'I was wrong' not to wear mask in White House after COVID-19 infection
Christie said COVID-19 "hit him like a freight
train" and he had a 'false sense of security" with the White House's testing procedures.
ABC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Ferry firms given post-Brexit freight contracts worth £77.6m
Four ferry companies have been given contracts from the government worth more than £70m to provide freight
capacity after Brexit.
Sky News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Heathrow passenger numbers were down 81 per cent in September with just 1.3million using the airport
More than half of the passengers who used Heathrow last month were flying to or from the European Union. Cargo
volumes fell by 28.2 per cent compared to the same time last year.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Train slams into semi-truck in Indiana
Moment of impact shows the freight
train pushing the truck down tracks.
Yahoo. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Drug delivery systems to treat connective tissue disorders
A research team has devised tiny cargo-carrying systems many times smaller than a human hair, made from molecules called peptides that help provide structure for cells and tissues. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Cargo ship brings new zero-gravity toilet to space station
aboard the supply ship included science equipment and a new "female-friendly" zero-gravity toilet for the astronauts.
Yahoo. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Radish seeds, meats and cheeses launched to space station for Thanksgiving
ship has been launched to the International Space Station with a special food delivery for astronauts.
Sky News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- NASA successfully launches $23M space toilet for astronauts
ship, with a new toilet on board, heads to the space station while SpaceX suffers a second straight launch abort.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Radish seeds, meats and cheeses launched to space station
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - A space station cargo
ship rocketed into orbit Friday carrying a 360-degree camera for spacewalking, radish seeds for growing and a smorgasbord of fancy meats and cheeses for feasting. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries