This Freight news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about freight and cargo news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- David Limbaugh: Biden & Co. are driving the American freight train leftward at full throttle -- we must resist
President Biden's executive actions are not in the spirit of compromise and they will damage the United States, not undo damage.
Fox News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Cargo delivery by polymers
Degradable, bio-based polymers offer options for chemical recycling, and they can be a tool to store and release useful molecules. Scientists have developed a class of sugar-based polymers that are degradable through acid hydrolysis. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Union Pacific (UNP) Q4 Earnings Surpass Estimates, Rise Y/Y
Union Pacific's (UNP) freight
revenues decline merely 1% in Q4. Moreover, overall volumes improve 3%.
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- What's in Store for Canadian Pacific (CP) in Q4 Earnings?
woes amid coronavirus disruptions are likely to get reflected in Canadian Pacific's (CP) fourth-quarter 2020 performance.
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Freight traffic slumps and costs soar as Brexit friction bites
traffic between Britain and the EU is down almost a third following the end of the Brexit transition, with new red tape and soaring transport costs prompting some small firms to suspend exports to the continent.
Sky News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Clearing the Air: Yes, Batteries Are Ready To Power Long-Range Freight Trucks
Lithium ion batteries have progressed so fast that they can now power long-range heavy freight
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Four Bodies Found From Sunken Ukrainian-Owned Cargo Ship
A Turkish rescue team has found the bodies of four crew members of a Ukrainian-owned cargo
ship that sank in bad weather in the Black Sea over the weekend, including the vessel's captain, a Russian citizen.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Wisconsin tribal school's science project returns from space
HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) - When the SpaceX Cargo
Dragon 2 ship returned to Earth from the International Space Station this week, it carried onboard a very special package for a tribal school in Wisconsin - fish eggs. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Ukrainian-Owned Cargo Ship Sinks In Black Sea
At least two crew members have died and six remain unaccounted for after a Ukrainian-owned cargo
ship sank in bad weather in the Black Sea off Turkey.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Cargo Ship Sinks Near Turkey, Leaving at Least 3 Dead, Officials Say
Emergency workers saved half the 12-member crew after the vessel sank off the Black Sea coast, state media said, but bad weather hindered further rescue efforts.
New York Times. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Russian cargo ship sinks in the Black Sea, rescue underway
ISTANBUL (AP) - A Russian-flagged cargo
ship sank off Turkey's Black Sea coast on Sunday and emergency workers were out rescuing the crew, an official said. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Freight train strikes semi in Plainfield near Main, Center streets
train struck a semi-truck at a rail crossing in southwest suburban Plainfield Friday evening.
ABC News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Boy, 11, has both legs sliced off in 'train surfing' horror in Russia
WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: Arkady Aksenov fell onto the track while riding on the moving freight
carriages in Russia, leading to a collision which tore off his entire left leg severed his right one.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Delivery: Can Air Cargo Meet The Challenge?
Ironically, the distribution of Covid-19 vaccines depends on cargo
capacity and robust air networks that the pandemic severely disrupted.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- SpaceX's Dragon cargo ship makes first Atlantic splashdown
In total there were 4,400lb of scientific research and other cargo
that splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico off the West Coast of Florida at 01:30 GMT this morning.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries