This Foundation news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about foundations from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Montblanc, Novak Djokovic Unveil Limited Edition Writing Instrument
When the call came from Montblanc to join one of a very small number of journalists in New York for the unveiling of a special timepiece designed to benefit the Novak Djokovic Foundation, I went.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- Harry and Meghan appoint influential media executive as first trustee of Sussex Royal Foundation
Harry and Meghan set up their own foundation
earlier this year after splitting from their joint charity with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge following reports of a rift between the four.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Weak World Demand, Trade Take Biggest Toll Yet on US Factories
Bigger cracks are forming across America's manufacturing foundation
as lackluster global demand and persistent trade tensions led to the first contraction in U.S. manufacturing since September 2009.
Newsmax. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Les Turner ALS Foundation's ALS Walk for Life
The Les Turner ALS Foundation
will host its annual ALS Walk for Life on Sunday, September 15, 2019, at Soldier Field in Chicago.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- For The Higher Good: How Cannabis Is Building A More Fair And Diverse Model Of Business
Cannabis is creating a new paradigm for the foundation
on which companies are built and run. "We're not disrupting a business, we're building a brand-new industry from the ground up."
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Human bone found at Orkney Neolithic site
The find is intriguing because it seems to have been deliberately placed, perhaps as an offering, beneath foundations.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Stephen Moore: Four States Facing High-Tax 'Apocalypse'
The outmigration of high-tax states is "maybe the biggest political and economic story that's happening in America," according to Stephen Moore, the chief economist at the Heritage Foundation.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Paul Ryan Moving to Maryland, Not Selling Wisconsin Home
Since leaving Congress at the end of 2018, Ryan started the nonprofit American Idea Foundation.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Trendy Keto diet loved by celebrities 'relieves migraines in just a month'
Scientists from the Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation
in Milan tested the diet on migraine sufferers. It is loved by Hollywood's resident 'health guru' Gwyneth Paltrow and Bond girl Halle Berry.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Qatar Foundation International Funds Arabic Programs In Select US Schools
'They hide under school districts wantonly taking the money'
Daily Caller. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Rewriting the periodic table at high pressure
The periodic table has been a vital foundational tool for material research since it was first created 150 years ago. Now, researchers add an entirely new dimension to the table, offering a new set of principles for material research.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- 'Telling the kids was the hardest thing' - Strauss & McGrath on dealing with cancer
Former Ashes opponents Andrew Strauss and Glenn McGrath discuss their experiences with cancer and how cricket has supported their foundations.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Lady Gaga funding 165 classrooms in communities affected by mass shootings
Lady Gaga has partnered with DonorsChoose.org and her own Born This Way Foundation
to fully fund classroom projects in El Paso, Dayton, and Gilroy, California, to help these communities heal after tragedy.
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Total bedding market down 10.8% in units in 2Q, ISPA says
The total market for mattresses, stationary and motion foundations
was down 10.8% in units and 6.7% in dollars in the second quarter. The post Total bedding market down 10.8% in units in 2Q, ISPA says appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Legos' "Braille Bricks" aim to help blind children learn
Most kids in America grow up playing with Legos. Now, the iconic toy is being used to help blind children read. The Lego Foundation
hopes that "Braille Bricks" will help blind kids learn alongside children who can see. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
Foundation Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries