This Forestry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about forestry and forest news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Wake Forest beats No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16
Walk-on freshman safety Nick Andersen had three interceptions, Christian Beal-Smith ran for 129 yards and Nick Sciba kicked three field goals to help Wake Forest
beat No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16 on Saturday.
Fox News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Can the NFL avoid a COVID-19 'forest fire'? What we learned from the Titans' outbreak
In the wake of the Titans' COVID-19 outbreak and resulting fines, the NFL must be nearly perfect in following protocol as the coronavirus pandemic worsens around the country.
ESPN. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Nottingham Forest 1-1 Derby County: Lyle Taylor equaliser earns point for hosts
Lyle Taylor's first goal for Nottingham Forest
earns a point against rivals Derby at the City Ground.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Chester Zoo's Monsoon Forest reopens after devastating fire
Chester Zoo has reopened an exotic enclosure complete with its own rain machine less than two years after it was destroyed by a devastating fire.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Colorado hunter becomes prey when he's stalked by a mountain lion
Colorado hunter Steve Shively, pictured, found himself within 20 yards of a mountain lion who sneaked up behind him on a mountain trail in the San Juan National Forest
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Norway funds satellite map of world's tropical forests
Norway pays for a monthly satellite dataset to track the state of the world's tropical forests.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- 2 custom Ford Bronco firetrucks being donated to forestry services
The Ford Bronco Wildland Fire Rig concept is an off-road fire-and-rescue vehicle designed with help from Filson and the National Forest
Foundation. Two of the trucks will be donated to forest
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Firefighters brave 'really tough' conditions at Cameron Peak Fire, the largest wildfire in Colorado history
The fire began Aug. 13 on the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests near Cameron Pass and Chambers Lake. It was 55% contained as of Wednesday night.
Yahoo. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- As wildfires explode in the West, Forest Service can't afford prevention efforts
President Trump has repeatedly said 'forest management' is the key to preventing wildfires. Yet across the West, the government has put on hold millions of acres' worth of projects aimed at reducing fire risk.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- The effects of wildfires and spruce beetle outbreaks on forest temperatures
Results indicate that wildfires may play a role in accelerating climate-driven species changes in mountain forests by compounding regional warming trends.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Kentucky whiskey producer part of tree-planting project
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - A Kentucky whiskey maker is teaming with a conservation group for a tree-planting initiative. Bulleit Frontier Whiskey said it's working with the group American Forests for the project. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Nature: Colorado forest
"Sunday Morning" witnesses an early snowfall at the San Juan National Forest
near Durango, Colorado. Videographer: Scot Miller.
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Rope Bridges Save the Most Endangered Primates From Making Death-Defying Leaps
After an avalanche destroyed part of the rainforest, a bit of infrastructure connects the gibbons to their favorite fruit-filled trees
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Red maples doing better in the city
A new study examines how trees respond to different urban intensities by comparing tree size and age, foliage nitrogen signature, nutrient and heavy metal content and other factors in forests. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Two New Species of Semi-Aquatic Mice Identified in East African Rainforests
Mice from the genus Colomys stand on kangaroo-like feet to wade in shallow water and use their whiskers to find prey
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
Forestry Services News Headlines and News Summaries