This Fishing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about fishing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Connecticut stocks 19 bodies of water with 10,000 catfish
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut environmental officials have finished stocking catfish for the summer fishing season. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- John Wilson: Memorial to honour 'fishing legend'
A service will be held on Friday to remember John Wilson who was made an MBE for services to angling.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Virginia to celebrate fishing with open houses at hatcheries
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries is hosting open houses at five of its cold water fish hatcheries. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Anders Povlsen: Why a Danish billionaire bought the Highlands
Anders Povlsen fell in love with Scotland on a fishing trip and is now its biggest private landowner.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- How To Find Clients By Fishing And Farming
To attract high-paying clients I recommend the proactive fishing and farming style of marketing. Wealth manager Pete Benson of Beacon Capital Management shares some of his strategies.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- U.S. consumers sue Bumble Bee, Chicken of the Sea, StarKist over 'dolphin-safe' tuna claims
U.S. consumers sued Bumble Bee, Chicken of the Sea and StarKist, accusing the country's three major packaged-tuna brands of deceiving them into thinking their tuna is caught only through "dolphin-safe" fishing practices.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Free Fishing for Law Enforcement Weekend Held May 18-19
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is thanking Texas law enforcement personnel with a free fishing weekend in public waters May 18-19, during National Police Week.
NBC. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Finding Consensus on Whale Protections Tough Call in Maine
Federal regulators have told Maine and other lobstering states to find a way to cut the number of surface-to-seabed fishing lines by 50% to prevent injury or death to endangered right whales, the Portland Press Herald reports. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Cyclist gets throat slit by fishing line strung up across a Florida pier
A man riding his bike in an Ormond Beach park on Sunday had his throat slashed by a fishing line. The couple believe the wire was deliberately tied across the path at neck height.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Pictured: American college grad killed in Russian plane crash was heading to work as a fishing guide
One of the 41 people in a fiery crash of a plane in Russia on Sunday was American citizen Jeremy Brooks, 22, who had just graduated college and was on his way to work as a fishing guide.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Seafood Without The Sea: Will Lab-Grown Fish Hook Consumers?
The seafood industry has some well-publicized problems: from overfishing to contaminants that make their way into fish. Now, a handful of startups aim to offer a "clean" alternative grown from cells.
NPR. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Indonesia sinks 51 foreign boats to fight against poaching
Indonesian authorities have resumed their tough stance against illegal fishing in the country's water by sinking 51 foreign ships.
Fox News. Saturday, 4 May 2019.
- Climate change forcing Alaskans to hunt for new ways to survive
As far back as he can remember, Willard Church Jr. has gone out ice fishing well into the month of April, chopping holes that were easily four feet deep into the Kanektok River near his home. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- A daunting task begins: Reducing lobster gear to save whales
Fishing managers on the East Coast are beginning the daunting process of implementing new restrictions on lobster fishing that are designed to protect a vanishing species of whale
ABC News. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- 'Ghost nets' to be tracked and removed from the sea
Lost nets and fishing gear could be removed from the ocean using new technology in a move that would help reduce the risk of sea life being injured or dying from human debris in the ocean.
Sky News. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
Fishing in a stream wearing hip boots
Related Directory Page(s)
Fishing News Headlines and News Summaries