This Fishing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fishing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Florida fisherman chased by a 11-ft alligator
Tommy Lee, 22, was fishing
for tarpon in the Florida Everglades when he saw a large alligator emerge from the water. The 11-foot alligator chased him along path.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- From Extreme Catfishing to Wine Fraud, Here Are 6 Documentaries About Con Artists
If you've already blown through HBO Max's scammer series 'Generation Hustle,' these documentaries are for you.
Mental Floss. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- The Birds and the Buoys: Using Googly Eyes to Avert Extinction
A pair of looming eyes could scare away seabirds from fishing
nets in which they are often entangled.
New York Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- 3 killed in explosion near Starved Rock State Park were apparently fishing, coroner says
The three men who died after apparently igniting an explosive powder near Starved Rock State Park appeared to have been fishing
along a river before the blast killed them, according to the coroner.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Scotland's papers: Scotland 'holds its breath' and Brexit 'storm'
The wait for votes to be counted as well as a fishing
rights protest near Jersey make the front pages.
BBC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- For French fishermen it's not just livelihoods at stake, but culture and history too
Granville in northern France is one of the closest French fishing
towns to the Channel Islands.
Sky News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Victoire! Two Royal Navy ships send French fishing flotilla scurrying back home
French fishermen tonight threatened to blockade Calais, saying they would stop British goods from entering the EU unless all of their boats were allowed to fish in Jersey's waters.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- U.K. and France deploy naval vessels in spat over fishing rights
The latest flare-up in the post-Brexit argument over access to territorial waters has hit the U.K.'s own Jersey shore.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- UK ships prepare to leave Jersey after dispute over fishing rights
The government says it is "pleased" French vessels have left but the Royal Navy remains on standby.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- UK, France send vessels to Jersey island: Why is there a fight over fishing and how might it escalate?
Two Royal Navy vessels have been sent to Jersey amid concerns of a possible blockade of the island by French boats -- but why have they been deployed?
Fox News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- U.K. and France Send Naval Ships to Island of Jersey in Fishing Dispute
crews dropped their threat to blockade a port on the island of Jersey, but the standoff over post-Brexit fishing
rights augured a future of similar disputes.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- A Town in Japan Decided to Instead Spend $230,000 in Covid-19 Relief Funds on an Odd Item
Officials in the fishing
town of Noto have come under fire for spending money on something many consider trivial.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Jersey govt has 'constructive meeting' with French fishermen as Royal Navy ships prepare to leave
Jersey's government has said it held a "constructive meeting" with protesting French fishermen in a bid to resolve a dispute over post-Brexit fishing
Sky News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Go fish: Britain and France dispatch patrol boats as tensions mount over fishing rights
Britain and France have both dispatched patrol ships to the island of Jersey as their dispute over post-Brexit fishing
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- France and Britain deploy navy patrol boats to Jersey in dispute over fishing rights
Tensions between France and the U.K. are growing over fishing
CNBC. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Fishing News Headlines and News Summaries