This Firefighter news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about firefighter and firefighting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Girl who died in fire last seen in sister's room
Alysia could not be found when firefighters arrived at Pembrokeshire house fire, an inquest hears.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Biden sends firefighters, aid to Canada as wildfire smoke blankets much of the U.S.
President Joe Biden said the government was aiding Canada in fighting the wildfires that have cloaked the East Coast and Midwest in smoke.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Justin Trudeau shrugs says Canadian wildfires caused by climate change not bad forest management
Biden yesterday sent 600 American firefighters to Canada to help battle the fires that have been raging for six weeks north of the border.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Canada Wildfires Renew Calls for a National Fire Service
Prime Minister Trudeau said he spoke to President Biden by phone to offer thanks for the American firefighters on the scene.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Frankfort firefighters save teen girl's dress from house fire just in time for Taylor Swift concert
Grace Farrell was home with her friend and grandpa just before midnight as her parents were out of town, and within minutes, their home on Amhearst Court went up in flames.
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Warning of 'very high' wildfire risk across Scotland
It comes as firefighters remain at the site of a wildfire that broke out more than a week ago.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Fire crews battle fast-moving Danny fire in Antelope Valley
Dozens of Los Angeles county and city firefighters on Sunday battled a fast-moving wildfire that swept through Antelope Valley.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Paraglider is plucked from tree by firefighters after leaping off 150ft scaffolding
The man, aged in his 40s, is believed to have to leapt from 150ft scaffolding attached to a block of flats in Bournemouth, Dorset. He plunged straight down and snagged his canopy.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- Piglet Is the Mascot for Fire Department Company in Brooklyn
Penny, the unofficial mascot of Engine Company 239 in Brooklyn, is no trouble, as long as the firefighters keep a supply of Cheerios.
New York Times. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Round Lake Beach home destroyed in fire, fueled by hot and dry weather
It took firefighters over two hours to put out a fire at a home in Round Lake Beach that was fueled by the hot and dry weather conditions Tuesday.
ABC News. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Two firefighters airlifted to hospital as crews battle wildfire in Scottish Highlands
Two firefighters have been airlifted to hospital after being injured while battling a wildfire that has been burning in the Highlands since the weekend.
Sky News. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Drivers warned after sunglasses set car on fire
Firefighters have warned against leaving objects in direct sunlight after a pair of sunglasses set a car on fire.
Sky News. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- Firefighters Rescue Hiker Stranded In Cave
The hiker did not sustain any injuries and he was able to return to his vehicle safely
Daily Caller. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Fort Worth Girl, 12, Honored for 911 Call That Saved the Lives of Her Family
Fort Worth city council and firefighters recognized a 12-year-old girl whose quick thinking saved the lives of her mother and siblings.
NBC. Tuesday, May 23 2023.
- Wildfire in Spain Contained, Not Yet Under Control
Spanish authorities said Saturday that firefighters and soldiers were managing to contain a blaze in the country's west that has forced hundreds of people to evacuate from nearby villages, as strong winds eased. ...
Voice of America. Saturday, 20 May 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries