This Fine Art news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fine art and fine arts news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Howard Students call for Bill Cosby's former co-star Phylicia Rashad to be FIRED for supporting him
Phylicia Rashad was condemned by current and former students of Howard University, where she is currently dean of its College of Fine Arts
. She tweeted 'FINALLY!' after Cosby was freed.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Nvidia is turning your sketches into fine art with AI
The clever bods over at Nvidia are always coming up with new ways to use artificial intelligence to do weird and wonderful things. That includes crafting
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- Queen Letizia of Spain stuns in a floral emerald dress as she joins King Felipe at art exhibition
The Spanish Queen, 48, attended the opening of 'Odaliscas. From Ingres to Picasso' at the Museum of Fine Arts
inside the Palace of Carlos V at Alhambra, in Granada on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- Participate In #GallerySelfieWeek Next Week To Win Art Books And Exhibition Catalogues
The Art Dealers Association of America (ADAA) is a nonprofit membership organization of the nation's leading galleries in the fine arts
Forbes. Friday, 4 Jun 2021.
- Howard University to name College of Fine Arts after Chadwick Boseman
While studying at Howard University, young Chadwick Boseman helped lead a student protest against plans to merge his beloved College of Fine Arts
into the College of Arts and Sciences.
ABC News. Thursday, 27 May 2021.
- Howard University names fine arts college after Chadwick Boseman
Howard alumna and celebrated actress Phylicia Rashad, best known for her work on "The Cosby Show," will serve as the college's dean.
CBS News. Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
- Howard University Names Re-Established College Of Fine Arts After Alum Chadwick Boseman
The HBCU announced today that the newly re-established college of fine arts, led by Dean Phylicia Rashad, will be named the Chadwick A. Boseman College of Fine Arts
for the late actor and distinguished alumnus.
Forbes. Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
- The Fine Art of Political Protest
More than 100 Mexican-American works spotlight how Chicano graphic artists lift up the power of people
Smithsonian. Friday, 14 May 2021.
- Howard University Names Phylicia Rashad College Of Fine Arts Dean
'I would like to see a program contemporized without losing knowledge'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 12 May 2021.
- Sweeping Survey Unites Works by 100 Women Artists of the Past Century
An ongoing exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, features 200 paintings, sculptures, ceramics and more
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Tattoos move from the new normal to the world of high art
Although they've been around for thousands of years, tattoos are just recently headed into the rarefied world of fine art
and onto the auction block. Michelle Miller has the story.
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Apr 2021.
- The CEOs of YouTube, Slack and Whole Foods All Have Liberal Arts Degrees. Here's Why That Matters
Experience in liberal and fine arts
can give you a creative edge.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Pioneering fashion designer Pierre Cardin dies aged 98
Fashion designer Pierre Cardin has died at the age of 98, according to France's Fine Arts
Sky News. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- The longest exposed photograph ever taken was captured with a beer can
In 2012, Fine Art
graduate Regina Valkenborgh setup a beer-can camera in order to capture a long exposure at Bayfordbury Observatory.The camera was set
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
Fine Art Artists News Headlines and News Summaries