This Fine Art news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fine art and fine arts news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The CEOs of YouTube, Slack and Whole Foods All Have Liberal Arts Degrees. Here's Why That Matters
Experience in liberal and fine arts
can give you a creative edge.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Legendary fashion designer Pierre Cardin, famous for his 1960s looks and business savvy, dies at 98
French designer Pierre Cardin, who upended fashion styles in the 1960s and 70s with futuristic looks, has died at the age of 98, France's Fine Arts
Academy said in a statement on Twitter.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Pioneering fashion designer Pierre Cardin dies aged 98
Fashion designer Pierre Cardin has died at the age of 98, according to France's Fine Arts
Sky News. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- The longest exposed photograph ever taken was captured with a beer can
In 2012, Fine Art
graduate Regina Valkenborgh setup a beer-can camera in order to capture a long exposure at Bayfordbury Observatory.The camera was set
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- This 3D printer doesn't gloss over the details
A new 3D printing system enables realistic variations in glossiness across a 3D printed surface. The advance could aid fine art
reproduction and the design of prosthetics.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- Employees at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Vote to Unionize
The move comes as museum workers across the country increasingly look to collective bargaining as a way to reform their institutions.
New York Times. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- British art experts who saved treasures during WWII were not impressed by 'uncultured' US curators
The achievements of the 345 men and women of the Monuments, Fine Arts
and Archives in rescuing western cultural treasures from Nazis was brought to life in George Clooney's film The Monuments Men.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
- How One Company Is Celebrating Black-Owned Galleries And Black Artists
One group, Artsy, is a global online fine art
marketplace with about three-thousand galleries worldwide and a network of nearly two million collectors and art lovers to sell works. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- How Jean-Michel Basquiat and His Peers Made Graffiti Mainstream
A new exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts
Boston explores how a network of young artists in 1980s New York City influenced hip-hop's visual culture
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- The Best Mens Luxury Outerwear For Fall/Winter 2020
Grey jacket: Herno combines the fine art
of Made-in-Italy craftsmanship with advances in technology to create elegant, functional outerwear.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
Fine Art Artists News Headlines and News Summaries