This Fine Art news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fine art and fine arts news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sotheby's offers first ever auction cryptocurrency payment option as it sells Banksy for $3m-$5m
Sotheby's will accept cryptocurrency at its May 12 auction of the 'Love is in the Air' Banksy painting, right. It will be the first time the digital currency has been accepted for a fine art
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Sweeping Survey Unites Works by 100 Women Artists of the Past Century
An ongoing exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, features 200 paintings, sculptures, ceramics and more
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Tattoos move from the new normal to the world of high art
Although they've been around for thousands of years, tattoos are just recently headed into the rarefied world of fine art
and onto the auction block. Michelle Miller has the story.
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Apr 2021.
- Time Lapse: Inversion Immersion
Remarkable time-lapse video, shot in just one day, captures an inversion event that blankets Portland, Oregon, in waves of thick fog. Video courtesy of Andrew Studer. For fine art
landscape photography prints, visit his website HERE. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- The CEOs of YouTube, Slack and Whole Foods All Have Liberal Arts Degrees. Here's Why That Matters
Experience in liberal and fine arts
can give you a creative edge.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Legendary fashion designer Pierre Cardin, famous for his 1960s looks and business savvy, dies at 98
French designer Pierre Cardin, who upended fashion styles in the 1960s and 70s with futuristic looks, has died at the age of 98, France's Fine Arts
Academy said in a statement on Twitter.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Pioneering fashion designer Pierre Cardin dies aged 98
Fashion designer Pierre Cardin has died at the age of 98, according to France's Fine Arts
Sky News. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- The longest exposed photograph ever taken was captured with a beer can
In 2012, Fine Art
graduate Regina Valkenborgh setup a beer-can camera in order to capture a long exposure at Bayfordbury Observatory.The camera was set
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- How One Company Is Celebrating Black-Owned Galleries And Black Artists
One group, Artsy, is a global online fine art
marketplace with about three-thousand galleries worldwide and a network of nearly two million collectors and art lovers to sell works. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- How Jean-Michel Basquiat and His Peers Made Graffiti Mainstream
A new exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts
Boston explores how a network of young artists in 1980s New York City influenced hip-hop's visual culture
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
Fine Art Artists News Headlines and News Summaries