This Financing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about financing and financier news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Weekly mortgage refinance demand drops 5% after rates hit highest level since November
Several weeks of rising rates are dousing what was incredibly high demand for refinancing, according to Mortgage Bankers Association data.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Main Street welcomes added aid in Biden's Covid relief plan as PPP funding sees demand from micro businesses
Biden's American Rescue Plan includes $15 billion in small business grants and $35 billion for small business financing
CNBC. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Pioneer Natural (PXD) Prices Offering of 3 Senior Notes
Pioneer Natural (PXD) plans to utilize net proceeds from public offering of senior notes for refinancing some senior notes.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Banks Called Out For Their Role In Financing Plastic Pollution
Banks are coming under pressure to tackle plastic pollution through their lending policies. A new report claims they are not applying any lending criteria to loans to companies in the plastics value chain.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, suspected Mumbai attack leader, jailed in Pakistan
Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi is sentenced to five years for terror financing
BBC News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Mack-Cali (CLI) Sells Two Residential Assets, Refinances Another
Despite Mack-Cali's (CLI) efforts to enhance the residential portfolio and strengthen financial position with sales and refinancing, pandemic-led residential occupancy declines is concerning.
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- The Shark Tank Approach To Financing A College Education
The TV show Shark Tank does what Income Share Agreements do: investors take risks on budding entrepreneurs. We could have Collegiate Shark Tanks.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Remodeling in 2021? 4 crucial things homeowners need to know
From budgeting to financing
and handling unforeseen problems, here are the top four things homeowners need to know about home renovations and maintenance.
Inman. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- A Small Business Owner's Guide to Funding Options Without a New PPP
Employers must consider all financing
options regardless of where we stand on a forthcoming stimulus package.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- Epstein-linked modeling agent charged with rape of minors
A modeling agent associated with disgraced U.S. financier
Jeffrey Epstein has been charged in France with sexual harassment and the rape of minors over 15 years old.
Fox News. Sunday, 20 Dec 2020.
- Next plots dramatic Topshop rescue with US investor
Next is in talks with US asset management giant Davidson Kempner Capital Management about joining forces and financing
a bid for the home of Topshop, Topman, Burton and Miss Selfridge.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 19 Dec 2020.
- Crazy video shows daredevil financier bro, 28, and his pals SKIING through the streets of Manhattan
Jordan Goldstein, 28, strapped on his skis and sped down Essex Street in the Lower East Side of Manhattan at 11.30pm on Wednesday.
Daily Mail. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Ghislaine Maxwell proposes $28.5 million bail package, proclaims innocence
Ghislaine Maxwell, who is facing criminal charges she helped procure girls for the late financier
Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse, proposed a $28.5 million bail package Monday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- Opendoor expands service offerings across multiple markets
The company is expanding its iBuying, in-person and virtual touring and financing
services across multiple U.S. markets, it was announced Thursday.
Inman. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
- He's a Republican, a Wall Street financier, and a supporter of 'Medicare for all'
Scott Minerd, Guggenheim Partners' chief investment officer, is a conservative who thinks progressive policies, modified by tax incentives, could aid a COVID-battered underclass.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 30 Nov 2020.
Financing Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries