This Financing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about financing and financier news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Investment Boom For Tech Startups: New Venture Financing Breaks Records As Valuations Skyrocket
The number of US startup financing
deals of $100 million or more has increased by over 800% since 2016, according to reports from the Wall Street Journal.
Forbes. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- PPL to Post Q2 Earnings: What's in Cards for the Stock?
Improving demand might aid PPL's Q2 results but increasing debt financing
expenses are expected to have offset the positives to some extent.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Cold Bore Technology Closes $14M Financing
CALGARY, Alberta - Cold Bore Technology Closes $14M Financing
Business Wire. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Pandemic spurs demand for executive mentoring as financiers buy Merryck
A group of prominent City financiers are seeking to capitalise on soaring demand for executive mentoring services fuelled by the pandemic with the acquisition of one of the leading practices in the sector.
Sky News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Addressing Complex Challenges In Small Business Access To Capital
disparities present the biggest challenge to small business growth and entrepreneurial dynamism.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Vatican corruption trial involving Pope Francis's former right-hand man begins
Vatican prosecutors allege that ten defendants, including high-rolling London financiers and church employees, engaged in various crimes such as embezzlement, fraud and corruption.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Intercontinental (ICE) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in Store?
Intercontinental's (ICE) Q2 results is likely to benefit from favorable financing
conditions, consolidated feeds, transaction-based revenues, growth across its business lines and strong retention rate.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- This fintech raises 5MDD from unicorn founders and angel investors
for the management of expenses within companies, announced today that it has closed an extension of its most recent Series A investment round.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Greensill had extraordinarily privileged access to government, says inquiry
Lex Greensill used his government role as a "marketing platform" for his firm, a report says.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Clearview AI raises $30 million from investors despite legal troubles.
The facial-recognition start-up closed a Series B financing
round. It faces multiple lawsuits challenging its business model.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- The best startups at IE University have received 80 million euros of financing
Rhyde, Refuge and SafetyIn, were the winners of IE Venture Day 2021.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Jeffrey Epstein's death: Suicide or murder?
After disgraced financier
Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell in 2019, accounts differed as to whether his cellmate had tried to kill Epstein or prevent him from committing suicide, according to a forthcoming book.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Dip in rates boosts demand for mortgages
Last week's dip in mortgage rates boosted applications for purchase loans and revived interest in refinancing, according to a weekly survey of lenders by the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Inman. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- New initiatives could give more Americans access to credit cards, help refinancing mortgages
Two new programs aim to give consumers greater access to credit cards and mortgage refinancing. CBS News business analyst Jill Schlesinger explains how they work and who would benefit most.
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Advancements in Space Technology Drive Investor Interest
Advancements in space technology and new means of financing
are driving a flurry of investor interest.
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
Financing Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries