This Fast Food news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fast food news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Wendy's to open Reading restaurant in June, 21 years after closing its last British branch
The US fast food
giant will open its first UK restaurant in 21 years in Reading on June, 2, before moving onto Stratford and Oxford sites in the latter half of 2021.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Fast food's high-tech future
Fast food chains are entering the tech age, using robots to flip burgers and adding self-serve kiosks to speed up ordering. But what does it mean for workers?
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- U.S. faces a chicken shortage, with many Americans still cooped up inside
Fast food restaurant executives are saying they do not have enough chicken to meet the demand for their chicken sandwiches, due in part to a global pandemic and snow in Texas.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- McDonald's sales are back above pre-Covid levels
The fast food
giant saw sales and profits recover strongly in the first three months of the year.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Chicago vegan restaurant Can't Believe It's Not Meat has lines down the block for fast food favorites
Can't Believe It's Not Meat is a vegan fast food
restaurant in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood has wowed local residents and vegan and plant-based social media influencer Tabitha Brown.
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Houston police say crystal meth found in breakfast burrito
Illegal drugs hidden in a breakfast food were found earlier this month by Transportation Security Administration officials at William P. Hobby Airport in Houston, according to a report.
Fox News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- Leon: Billionaire Issa brothers buy fast food chain
The Issa brothers have bought the British fast food
chain Leon, which has more than 70 sites.
BBC News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- More fast-food chains pull away from antibiotics in meats
Subway restaurants are the latest fast food
chain to make a change to their menus. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Apr 2021.
- Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC to take orders via text, social media
The fast food
corporation, which runs Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC, announced the purchase of Tictuk Technologies.
Fox News. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Man allegedly stabs fast-food worker after asked to wear mask: Police
Police in Texas are searching for the man who allegedly stabbed a fast food
worker after he was asked to wear a mask, authorities said.
ABC News. Friday, 19 Mar 2021.
- Taco Bell Brings Back a Fan Favorite for the First Time in Five Years. People Are About to Lose Their Minds.
Last year, the fast food
chain eliminated more than a dozen menu items. This time, it's reintroducing a popular snack.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 11 Mar 2021.
- Chicken Sandwiches May Be In The Spotlight, But Fish Wants Attention, Too
As the fast food
world is gearing up for another round of fried chicken sandwich competition, another menu item is vying for attention: fish.
Forbes. Tuesday, 23 Feb 2021.
- Inside Naples' World-Famous Pizza Culture
For hundreds of years, artisans in the southern Italian city have been cooking up the ultimate fast food
Smithsonian. Friday, 19 Feb 2021.
- Follow the Chicken War! Burger King to Sell Breaded Sandwiches
The chain has now entered fully into competition with McDonald's and Popeyes in the growing market for chicken products that has been experienced in the fast food
industry since 2019.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
- Black McDonald's franchisee sues fast food giant for racial discrimination
A former professional baseball player who owns a string of McDonald's restaurants is suing the fast food
giant for racial discrimination.
Sky News. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
Fast Food Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries