This Fast Food news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fast food news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Burger King serving up $1 9oz mini shakes
The fast food
chain is now offering 9-ounce versions of its chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla milkshakes.
ABC News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Droves hit the towns on first Friday night after lockdown easing
Millennials dolled up and went out boozing in Leeds city centre last night before tucking into late-night fast food
on the first Friday night since pubs reopened in England.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Burger King boss warns of UK job cuts
The UK boss of the fast food
giant said the chain could cut between 5% and 10% of its staff.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Chef Rob Nixon creates hybrid KFC Big Mac burger on YouTube cookery channel Nicko's Kitchen
Perth chef Rob Nixon is back with a new YouTube series called 'Fast Food Freaks' in which he creates homemade versions of iconic dishes.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Fast Food Breakfast Faces A Long Recovery From The COVID-19 Crisis
The morning meal, which represents a breakfast or morning snack occasion, has suffered the steepest transaction declines during the pandemic.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Woman accused of burning Wendy's after shooting granted bond
A woman charged with arson in the burning of a fast food
restaurant in the wake of Rayshard Brooks' killing was granted bond Wednesday but must wear an ankle monitor and remain at home, a judge said. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Videos show man went from speaking of visiting mom's grave to being killed by police
Before being shot to death by an Atlanta police officer outside a fast food
restaurant, Rayshard Brooks had a cordial conversation with the officers, videos show.
ABC News. Sunday, 14 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Long queues as McDonald's reopens drive-thrus
Customers flocked to fast food
giant McDonald's as it reopened a small number of its UK drive-thrus.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Obesity not related to how close you live to fast food or gyms
A new study has shown no correlation between obesity and how close you live to fast food
restaurants or gyms. Studies from other countries have previously indicated that these factors may be important in adult obesity.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Irish drone operator bins fast food for medical drops
Ireland's Manna Aero should have been dropping off its first takeaway orders around a Dublin university campus by drone in March but then the coronavirus pandemic shut the country and its pilot programme down.
Reuters. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- McDonald's announces phase two of plan to reopen its restaurants
McDonald's is to reopen 30 drive-through restaurants next week, the fast food
chain has announced.
Sky News. Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
- Burgers pulled from fast food menus amid meat shortages in US lockdown
One of the most popular fast food
companies in the US has reported beef shortages as slaughterhouses across the country are shut during the coronavirus lockdown.
Sky News. Thursday, 7 May 2020.
- Book a table for fast food? Burger King trials post-lockdown app in Italy
Burger King is trialling an app for ordering food and booking a table at its outlets in Italy, as it seeks to persuade locals it is safe to eat out again after more than two months of coronavirus lockdown.
Reuters. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
- New Zealand Slowly Returns to Normal After Lockdown
Fast food drive thru lines clogged as Wellington eases lockdown orders imposed to ward off COVID-19 outbreak.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 28 Apr 2020.
- When The Fast Food Breakfast Battle Resumes, Jack In The Box Will Be Armed With A New Coffee Platform
Breakfast has been the only growing daypart in an otherwise stagnant market, which is why chains like Jack in the Box have focused on breakfast innovations.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Apr 2020.
Fast Food Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries