This Farm and Ranch news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about farm and ranch news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus: Four workers 'escape' Herefordshire vegetable farm
Police say three vegetable pickers, one who tested positive for Covid-19, have fled after 75 people working for A S Green And Co in Mathon, Herefordshire, tested positive for coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Herefordshire farm outbreak sparks hygiene complaints
More than 70 people have tested positive for coronavirus at the site in Herefordshire.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Trump confirms he ordered a cyberattack on a notorious Russian troll farm during the 2018 midterms
Trump confirms the US launched a cyberattack on the Internet Research Agency, an infamous Russian troll farm, during the 2018 midterm elections.
Yahoo. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Tennessee doubles reimbursement for farmer certification
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee agriculture officials have doubled the reimbursement available for fruit and vegetable farmers who achieve a certification that lets them sell directly to customers. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- 73 workers test positive for coronavirus at Herefordshire veg farm with 200 staff forced to isolate
Workers at A S Green And Co are asked to stay within groups to reduce risk of spread within the workforce and are receiving support onsite in Mathon, near Malvern.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Businesses try to revive Sunday farmer's market, invite farmers, food producers indoors
"We can keep going on a weekly basis until the markets open back up, until these guys can have some revenue for their businesses."
ABC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Farm outbreak leads 200 to self isolate
Up to 200 vegetable pickers and packers will remain on the farm
in Herefordshire while isolating.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- 'Violent' Minnesota tornado packed 170 mph winds, NWS says
A tornado that ripped across farmland in western Minnesota on Wednesday that killed one person and injured three others was one of the strongest to happen this year, according to forecasters.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Dozens contract coronavirus after outbreak on Herefordshire farm
Dozens of key workers picking and packing vegetables at a farm
in Herefordshire have tested positive for coronavirus.
Sky News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Arizona wheat farmers prosper amid COVID-19 as pasta sales soar
Some of the world's best pasta wheat actually comes from wheat grown in the desert southwest, including Italy's famous pasta.
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- FMC Corp Collaborates With Nutrien Ag Solutions for Arc Farm
FMC Corp (FMC) intends to refine and validate a sophisticated pest prediction model for diamondback moths focused on current and historical data.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Small Farms Find Creative Ways to Attract Visitors During the Coronavirus Pandemic
From curbside produce pickup to reservation-only classes, farms are adapting to make ends meet
Smithsonian. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Has Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) Outpaced Other Retail-Wholesale Stocks This Year?
Is (SFM) Outperforming Other Retail-Wholesale Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Linux company SUSE outbids competitors for fast-growing start-up Rancher Labs
A recession isn't getting in the way of a smaller technology company picking up a fast-growing start-up.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Credit union launches program to pay farm closing costs
UNITY, Maine (AP) - A credit union in Maine said a new program will pay closing costs for purchasing or refinancing farmland in the state. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries