This Factory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about factory and factories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Britishvolt in gigafactory tie-up with Siemens
The company will partner with German giant Siemens as it looks to start construction this summer on a 3,000-job 'gigafactory' on the site of a former Blyth Power Station.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- How China's Economy Bounced Back
Officials pushed factories
to reopen the same way they forced the country to shut down. In one small town, it led to a chili-sauce-fueled revival.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Elon Musk sent letter asking him to invest in Swindon
Swindon Borough Council wants the tech billionaire to consider setting up a factory
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Canadian EV maker eyes American school bus market as Biden term nears
Lion Electric, the electric vehicle maker set to go public via SPAC come March, is eyeing U.S. factory
space to capitalize on plans for electric school buses, CEO Marc Bedard said.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Apple, BMW, Nike and Huawei accused of using Uyghur forced labour
The Conservative Party Human Rights Commission report said that tens of thousands of Uyghur Muslims had been transported to factories
across the country to work.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Ford's 'Brazilian Bronco' discontinued, but the factory is for sale
Ford is ending its manufacturing operations in Brazil and will discontinue production of the Troller T4. Ford purchased the Troller brand in 2007.
Fox News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- On Factory Floors, a Chime and Flashing Light to Maintain Distance
Businesses like Henkel, a big German chemical company, are trying wearable sensors to prevent virus outbreaks among workers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Early Victorian Bathhouse Unearthed Beneath Manchester Parking Lot
Construction of a new park in Mayfield, Manchester, uncovered a bathhouse used by factory
workers 150 years ago.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Ford ends decades of Brazil manufacturing
The US car giant is closing its last three Brazilian factories, with a loss of 5,000 jobs.
BBC News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Here's Why Hold Strategy is Apt for Cheesecake Factory (CAKE)
(CAKE) is benefiting from robust off premise sales. However, higher costs and dismal traffic woes stay.
Zacks. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Sarepta (SRPT) Down on Unsatisfactory Data for DMD Candidate
Sarepta (SRPT) posts top-line results from part 1 of Study 102, evaluating a single dose of its gene therapy candidate SRP-9001 for treating DMD. Shares fall.
Zacks. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- High-speed atomic force microscopy visualizes cell protein factories
Factor-pooling by ribosomes caught on video using state-of-art high-speed atomic force microscopy technology.
Science Daily. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Seoul Robotics: A 3D Vision Of The Future
Seoul Robotics leverages LiDAR 3D vision to make robots intelligent and enable autonomous systems from smart cities to smart factories
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Four Questions That Every Manufacturing Entrepreneur Needs To Answer
Because in a software-dominated world, there are not a lot of investors throwing capital at startups that would spend it on raw materials and equipment, establishing supply chains, training employees and leasing factory
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Patient-reported loss of smell in 86 percent of mild COVID-19 cases, study finds
A reduced sense of smell, or olfactory dysfunction, is one of the most common symptoms of COVID-19. A recent study has examined the symptom's prevalence and recovery in patients with varying degrees of severity of COVID-19.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
Factory Outlets News Headlines and News Summaries