This Factory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about factory and factories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boohoo founder's links to Leicester 'slave' factory revealed
Morefray is the company behind the 'slave factory' in Leicester which supplies clothes to Boohoo. Morefray is owned by the business partner of one of the founders of Boohoo.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Leicester lockdown factories 'almost doubled staff' during Covid-19
A whistleblower in Leicester says demand for cheap clothing left workers exposed to Covid-19.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Is Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Stock a Solid Choice Right Now?
(CAKE) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Nitrocotton Blamed for Fireworks Factory Explosion in China
South China blast injures 6
Voice of America. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Copper ETFs Surging: Will the Rally Last?
Copper prices have been soaring in recent times courtesy of rebounding factory
activity data from China. But the rally may not last long.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Satellite images show activity at 'previously undeclared North Korean nuclear facility'
Expert say the site, in the village of Wollo-ri near the capital of Pyongyang, has the classic signs of being a nuclear factory
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Turkey fireworks: Army removal hit by second deadly blast
Three soldiers die removing explosives from a fireworks factory
that blew up last week, killing seven people.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Brick Boys: Afghan Kids Toil For Construction Industry
A 14-year-old boy called Shukrullah makes 500 bricks a day in 40-degree heat. At this Afghan brick factory
in Faryab Province, more than half of the workers are children.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- The Boohoo Disaster, Explained
Boohoo was one of the fastest-growing retailers in Britain. Now the company is in trouble after revelations about working conditions in supplier factories
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- DHL blames coronavirus as it cuts 2,200 jobs at Jaguar Land Rover
Logistics firm DHL is cutting up to 2,200 jobs at Jaguar Land Rover factories
as the car sector wrestles with the "unprecedented impact" of the coronavirus pandemic.
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Boohoo bleeds value as UK supply chain scrutiny intensifies
Shares in online fashion retailer Boohoo have lost almost half their market value in little over a week as it grapples allegations about illegal working conditions at a clothing factory
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Boohoo In Meltdown As Next, Zalando And Asos All Sever Their Ties While Celebrities Walk Away
As wholesdale partners and celebrity influencers alike turn their backs on Boohoo, the allegations of modern slavery at its Leicester factory
show no signs of going away any time soon.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Biological factories: How do bacteria build up natural products?
The active agents of many drugs are natural products, so called because often only microorganisms are able to produce the complex structures. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- German factory orders rise in May after 2 huge declines
BERLIN (AP) - German factory
orders recovered some ground in May, rising 10.4% compared with the previous month after huge drops in March and April at the height of Europe's coronavirus crisis. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- With Allegations Of Slavery And Unsafe Working Conditions, Is Boohoo The Unacceptable Face Of Fast Fashion?
Boohoo is no stranger to controversy but allegations of modern slavery at its factories
in Leicester might prove harder to play down than past misdemeanours.
Forbes. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
Factory Outlets News Headlines and News Summaries