This Factory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about factory and factories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chipmakers Spend Billions To Break Semiconductor Bottleneck, But Is It Too Much?
Intel plans $20 billion chip factory
in Ohio while TSMC targets $44 billion for factories
Forbes. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Intel announces $20B investment to bring chipmaking to US
Intel announced Friday that it will invest more than $20 billion in two new chip factories
ABC News. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Intel to Invest at Least $20 Billion in New Chip Factories in Ohio
Building up U.S. chip production has been a focus of lawmakers and companies alike amid a global shortage of the crucial components.
New York Times. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Britishvolt gigafactory given £100m in taxpayer funding to help power electric car future
Plans for a new British-owned battery gigaplant in Northumberland have been boosted by the commitment of around £100m of government funds to the £3.8bn scheme.
Sky News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- One gym in Paris launched the careers of Francis Ngannou and Ciryl Gane, and a coach's rift made them rivals
The MMA Factory
takes center stage as its biggest star, Ciryl Gane, challenges former teammate Francis Ngannou at UFC 270.
ESPN. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- China's factories face 'rather large' downward pressure in the first quarter, official says
China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology also said although the shortage in semiconductors has eased, supply will remain tight for a while.
CNBC. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Inside the eerie village on the frontline of Ukraine's conflict with Russia
A battered army ambulance pulls up in the freezing, snowy yard of a long-since abandoned factory
in eastern Ukraine that is now the headquarters of the army's 24th battalion.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Massive fire breaks out at New Jersey chemical factory
A 11-alarm fire broke out Friday night at a chemical factory
in Passaic, New Jersey, officials said. CBS New York reports from the scene of the blaze.
CBS News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- New Jersey fire breaks out at chemical plant; residents advised to keep windows closed
About 200 New Jersey firefighters were on the scene in Passaic on Friday night as a massive fire broke out at a factory
where products for swimming pools and spas are made, according to reports.
Fox News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Bolton man meets his newborn son five weeks after birth after waking up from Covid coma
worker Andrew Allen, 32, from Bolton, was put into a medically induced coma by doctors on July 28 last year, just hours after his wife Charlotte, 32, gave birth to their baby boy Oliver.
Daily Mail. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Republicans investigating COVID-19 origins slam Biden admin's 'unsatisfactory responses'
Republicans filed a letter to President Biden, demanding more active cooperation with investigations into the pandemic
Fox News. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- China's zero-Covid strategy hurts consumer spending more than manufacturing
Manufacturers are less affected by city lockdowns since factories
are typically spread out in suburban industrial parks, according to an economist at the EIU.
CNBC. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- A Failed Sugar Factory's Bitter Legacy In A Decaying Ukrainian Ghost Town
Built in the 1980s, the Ukrainian town of Tsukrovarov used to be home for workers who operated a local Soviet-era sugar factory
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Column: At a subsidiary of a $4-billion corporation, these low-wage workers are striking for better pay
A nearly three-month strike shows the determination of low-wage factory
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Filofax maker FLB Group faces strike action in pay dispute
Unite says more than 100 workers at FLB's factory
in Dalkeith will hold a series of strikes after talks failed.
BBC News. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
Factory Outlets News Headlines and News Summaries