This Factory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about factory and factories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus UK: Jammy Dodgers and Wagon Wheels factory is hit by outbreak
Burton's Biscuits in Edinburgh said four workers are self-isolating at home after receiving positive test results for Covid-19 as the UK recorded 20,530 cases.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Five hospitalized and two dozen decontaminated after being exposed to 'unknown substance' in Maine
Investigators said up to 30 people were treated for exposure to an 'unknown substance' at the New Balance sneaker factory
in Skowhegan, Maine, on Thursday afternoon.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Arch Resources Will Cut Coal Output At Prolific Western Mines By 50%
Arch is pivoting away from the Powder River Basin coal mining region in Wyoming and Montana to focus on coal mined in the eastern U.S., the source of more coal used in steel-making factories
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Why Tesla's 20-million electric vehicle goal could next take Elon Musk to India
As Tesla ramps electric vehicle production in China and constructs a new auto factory
in Germany, Elon Musk envisions 20-million EVs from the company. Getting there could mean going to India next.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Analysts Estimate Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
(CAKE) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Covid-19: 600 Peter's food factory staff being tested
A mobile testing unit is being set up outside Peter's Food Service unit in Bedwas, Caerphilly.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- GM plans investments to expand electric vehicle production
General Motors Co is expected to announce on Tuesday significant investments to expand production of electric vehicles at a factory
in Spring Hill, Tennessee and potentially other sites. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Buyers traveling across the country, paying record prices for used pickups
shutdowns, which weighed on new vehicle production, and an increased desire to own a vehicle are helping to drive demand for pickups.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Auto Stock Roundup: GM's Factory Zero, NAV-VWAGY Deal Update & More
While General Motors (GM) renames the Detroit-Hamtramck plant as 'Factory Zero' in sync with electrification plans, Navistar (NAV) accepts higher takeover bid from Volkswagen (VWAGY).
Zacks. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Odors as navigational cues for pigeons
Volatile organic compounds identified that can be used for olfactory navigation by homing pigeons.
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- China's economic recovery accelerates as consumer spending picks up
China's economic recovery accelerated in the third quarter as consumer spending picked up and factories
rushed to meet global demand for medical equipment such as face masks, according to official figures.
Sky News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- How a Historic Book of Textiles Inspired a Forward-Looking Garment Factory
Shivam Punjya founded an ethical factory
in Gujarat, celebrating the craftsmanship of India.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Greenpeace protest on factory trawler fishing off Orkney
The environmental campaign group said the German-registered boat was fishing in a protected area.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Wisconsin says Foxconn's scaled-back factory won't get tax credits
President Trump promoted the project heavily three years ago, but its scope has shrunk dramatically.
CBS News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Exploited workers in Leicester factories 'denied millions in unpaid wages'
Exploited workers in textile factories
in Leicester have been denied over £27m in lost earnings in the last three months, according to the British Retail Consortium.
Sky News. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
Factory Outlets News Headlines and News Summaries