This Factory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about factory and factories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New Online Fashion Brand Aims To Get Eco-Friendly Clothes From Factory-To-Closet At Affordable Prices
Can eco-friendly clothes be made at an affordable price? This is the ultimate question in the industry, and one of the biggest frustration points for people who want to participate but cannot afford steep price tags.
Forbes. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Biden plans to sign executive order for government to buy more US goods
The order aims to use $600 billion the federal government spends on procurement to boost domestic factories
ABC News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Is a Beat Likely for Tesla (TSLA) This Earnings Season?
Robust Model 3/Y demand, ramped up output from the Shanghai Gigafactory & solid performance of the energy and storage business are likely to enable Tesla (TSLA) to maintain its winning streak in Q4.
Zacks. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Nissan boss says Brexit trade deal has given them a 'competitive advantage in UK and outside'
Ashwani Gupta, the carmaker's chief operating officer, said he believed the last minute deal would 'redefine' the UK's auto industry. Pictured: The firm's Sunderland factory
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Storm Christoph sees rivers in Manchester and Wales reach highest levels ever
Boris Johnson flew into a flood-hit area of Greater Manchester in an RAF helicopter after emergency services worked through the night in North Wales to protect a factory
involved in making a Covid vaccine.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Lasers create miniature robots from bubbles
Robots are widely used to build cars, paint airplanes and sew clothing in factories, but the assembly of microscopic components, such as those for biomedical applications, has not yet been automated. Lasers could be the solution. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Deloitte BrandVoice: Smart Factory Transformation: The Time Is Now
may be the key to weathering the kind of volatility and disruption caused by the pandemic. This article highlights key ideas to keep in mind as manufacturers embark on a smart factory
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Large cannabis factory discovered near Bank of England
The Square Mile's first-ever cannabis factory
was found after a tip-off about a "strong smell".
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Fire hits factory belonging to Serum Institute of India, world's largest vaccine maker; COVID-19 vac
NEW DELHI (AP) - Fire hits factory
belonging to Serum Institute of India, world's largest vaccine maker; COVID-19 vaccine not affected.
Washington Times. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- 'Strong smell of cannabis' near Bank of England leads to drugs factory
More than 800 plants have been seized after a tip-off about a "strong smell of cannabis" led to a raid on a building close to the Bank of England.
Sky News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Vauxhall: New owner to set out future of UK factory
Vauxhall's parent company warns it will no longer invest in pure diesel or petrol cars at Ellesmere Port.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- On Factory Floors, a Chime and Flashing Light to Maintain Distance
Businesses like Henkel, a big German chemical company, are trying wearable sensors to prevent virus outbreaks among workers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- How China's Economy Bounced Back
Officials pushed factories
to reopen the same way they forced the country to shut down. In one small town, it led to a chili-sauce-fueled revival.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Canadian EV maker eyes American school bus market as Biden term nears
Lion Electric, the electric vehicle maker set to go public via SPAC come March, is eyeing U.S. factory
space to capitalize on plans for electric school buses, CEO Marc Bedard said.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Ford's 'Brazilian Bronco' discontinued, but the factory is for sale
Ford is ending its manufacturing operations in Brazil and will discontinue production of the Troller T4. Ford purchased the Troller brand in 2007.
Fox News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
Factory Outlets News Headlines and News Summaries