This Fabric news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fabric and fabrics news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Webinar: Why Pilling Puts Fabric Durability to the Test
Join us for an informative webinar about fabric
pilling! A pill is a small ball of fibers that forms on the face of a fabric
due to abrasion on the surface, making the fabric
look worn. ...
Furniture Today. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- The Textile Brand Allowing Consumers To Make Informed Fabric Choices For Their Homes
Stitched, a UK-based textile start-up, uses 3D Augmented reality to help customers visualise fabrics
in their home prior to purchase. Alongside a sustainable and circular mindset, the brand are offering a new vision for the industry.
Forbes. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- New York Artist Dresses Up Buildings
Amanda Browder works with fabrics
of all kinds. But, instead of creating clothing for people, she "dresses up" buildings with her unique style of installation art. Maxim Moskalkov has the story.
Voice of America. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- This designer clothing lets users turn on electronics while turning away bacteria
Purdue University researchers have developed a new fabric
innovation that allows the wearer to control electronic devices through the clothing.
Science Daily. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- VF Corp to invest $20m in FutureLight fabric technology
Apparel giant VF Corp has announced plans to invest a further US$20m in its FutureLight breathable and waterproof fabric
technology, whose launch is just a few months away.
Just Style. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Spacer protects healthy organs from radiation exposure during particle therapy
Medical researchers have develop a novel medical device with non-woven fabric
style made of bioabsorbable material.
Science Daily. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- The art of Japanese tie dyeing
The craft of applying resist-dyeing techniques to fabrics, also known as tie dying, has been practiced in Japan for hundreds of years. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- The Japanese art of tie dyeing
Artisans practice their skills at "shibori" in the town of Arimatsu, where merchant houses specializing in producing exquisitely-dyed fabrics
have stood for centuries
CBS News. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- Mandala Dream Co: Hemp bedding is the new trend sweeping Australia
Created by Mandala Dream Co, the healing fabric
never wears out, is said to have 'healing properties' and is naturally antibacterial so is perfect for those suffering allergies or skin conditions.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- Fabric that releases a lemony aroma could help end the scourge of sweaty gym clothes
Biological engineers from University of Minho, Portugal, devised the new garment which is impregnated with odorant-binding protein and liposomes to release citronella.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Scientists create fabric that smells better the more you sweat - CNET
Your gross workout gear could double as an air freshener.
CNET. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Object of Desire: Lacoste Sport Ultra Dry Polo
Want to upgrade a Lacoste polo shirt? Try a technical fabric
that wicks moisture.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- MAS and Hellmann Worldwide expand logistics joint venture
Sri Lankan apparel and fabric
conglomerate MAS Holdings and Hellmann Worldwide Logistics are expanding their joint venture logistics and supply chain-related activities with a new logistics centre.
Just Style. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Podcast: Lessons in leadership, turnarounds and scaling a culture
Norwalk President Caroline Hipple shares insights gained from a career building innovative retail organizations, turning around struggling ones and finding a home for a self-confessed fabric
geek at Norwalk. ...
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- Fortinet to Protect AWS Applications With WAF-as-a-Service
Fortinet (FTNT) launches FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service, which will be delivered through the Security Fabric
architecture to secure AWS applications.
Zacks. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
Fabric Shops News Headlines and News Summaries