This Fabric news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fabric and fabrics news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Global History of the Bandana
How an Indian export became part of the fabric
of American life
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- New E-Commerce Platform Fabric Targets Retail Brands That Have Outgrown Shopify
E-commerce platform provider Fabric
says it has a better solution for retailers who have become too big for Shopify.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Face the facts about your coronavirus PPE
A YouGov survey has found that as many as 85 per cent of us are not washing our fabric
face masks properly in between uses and 15 per cent have never washed their face coverings.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- MARTIN SAMUEL: Liverpool and Man United's 'Project Big Picture' is a disgusting Big Six power grab
MARTIN SAMUEL: Rick Parry helped destroy the fabric
of English football once, and now he's going for it again. Project Big Picture? Far from saving our game, all it would do is reduce.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Restaurateur Danny Meyer on stimulus need: 'We cannot reemploy people if we go out of business'
"We are part of psychological and emotional fabric
of communities, and restaurants have just been heroic in trying to hang on," Union Square Hospitality Group CEO Danny Meyer said.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Chinese Americans look to new platforms as WeChat's future remains uncertain
The ban "significantly weakens the fabric
of the Chinese immigrant community" in America, says one expert.
Yahoo. Saturday, 26 Sep 2020.
- Eastman Chemical and DuPont Unveil New Sustainable Fabrics
Per Eastman Chemical (EMN), the collaboration will provide a great choice of sustainable fabric
collection with biobased, renewable materials.
Zacks. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Inventor of Gore-tex breathable waterproof fabric dies
The inventor of breathable but waterproof fabric
Gore-tex has died at the age of 83.
Sky News. Sunday, 20 Sep 2020.
- Gore-Tex: Inventor of waterproof fabric Robert Gore dies aged 83
Robert W. Gore's invention has been used in space suits, guitar strings and waterproof jackets.
BBC News. Sunday, 20 Sep 2020.
- Which is the best UE speaker? Megablast, Blast, Megaboom, Boom and Wonderboom compared
Ultimate Ears (UE) is well-known for its excellent Bluetooth speakers, all with a distinctive look made from rubber and fabric
materials. They're also
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 19 Sep 2020.
- Herat's Silk Weavers Still Working Their Wooden Looms
Workers in Afghanistan's Herat Province are still producing silk the traditional way, separating the fabric
from the silkworm cocoons in boiling pots and weaving on wooden looms. ...
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- From free electric bikes to new infrastructure, the fabric of our cities is changing
Municipal and national authorities are looking to develop greener infrastructure.
CNBC. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- What Does Fabric Softener Actually Do?
softener is supposed to reduce friction and wrinkles and prolong the life of your clothing. But there are some downsides to using it.
Mental Floss. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- A Rip in the Fabric of Interstellar Dreams
The iconic Arecibo radio telescope is temporarily crippled by an accident.
New York Times. Monday, 24 Aug 2020.
- New fabric could help keep you cool in the summer, even without A/C
Air conditioning and other space cooling methods account for about 10% of all electricity consumption in the U.S., according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
Fabric Shops News Headlines and News Summaries