This Fabric news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about fabric and fabrics news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Digital Storage Projections For 2021, Part 3
2021 will see continued growth of storage demand to support remote work and the growth of IoT and AI workloads. NVMe and NVMe-oF will be commonly used in storage system with continuing memory fabric
Forbes. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Higher Education Needs To Share The Blame For National Disunity
The frayed national fabric
as witnessed by urban riots and the assault on the Capitol are partly the long term impact a neglect of our historical heritage and values.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- UK 'cannot duck' post-Covid inequalities
A growing divide over education, jobs, and ethnicity threaten the fabric
of society, says Nobel laureate's study.
BBC News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- A German Town Warily Considers a Future Without a Deep U.S. Presence
American culture, friends and jobs are part of the fabric
of Vilseck, home to a U.S. military base. President Trump has forced its people to think about what it would mean to lose that.
New York Times. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Mother shares shocking footage showing why you should ALWAYS clean your car seats
An Australian woman has revealed shocking footage of the hidden dirt lurking within the fabric
of her car seats after undergoing a deep clean using a carpet cleaning appliance.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 20 Dec 2020.
- Mxene-coated fabric could block harmful radiiation, electromagnetic waves
Researchers have reported that fabric
coated with a conductive, two-dimensional material called MXene, is highly effective at blocking electromagnetic waves and potentially harmful radiation. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Equinix (EQIX) to Expand Eqninix Fabric in Seven Markets by 2021
Equinix's (EQIX) expansion plans of Equinix Fabric
and Network Edge will aid it to address the increasing demand for ecosystem access, infrastructure performance and high-speed network.
Zacks. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Debenhams: Looking back at 242 years of history
Debenhams has been a mainstay on UK high streets for 242 years, after William Clark opened a drapers store in London in 1778, selling expensive fabrics, bonnets, gloves and parasols.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 1 Dec 2020.
- Which is the best UE speaker? Megablast, Blast, Megaboom, Boom and Wonderboom compared
Ultimate Ears (UE) is well-known for its excellent Bluetooth speakers, all with a distinctive look made from rubber and fabric
materials. They're also
Pocket Lint. Friday, 20 Nov 2020.
- How Denim Became a Political Symbol of the 1960s
The blue jeans fabric
conquered pop culture and fortified the civil rights movement
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020.
- Biden campaign staffer slams Facebook for 'shredding the fabric of our democracy'
The criticism could be an early indication of President-elect Joe Biden's approach to the social media platform and potentially the tech industry at large.
CNBC. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Swirl power: How gentle body movement will charge your mobile phone
Scientists have discovered a way to generate electricity from nylon - the stretchy fabric
used widely in sportswear and other shape-hugging apparel - raising hopes that the clothes on our backs will become an important source of energy.
Science Daily. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- This Hollywood actress used quarantine to create a line of next-level loungewear
Phoebe Tonkin, who's also an environmental activist, just released pieces from Lesjour!, her L.A.-made loungewear line. Her collection is made from earth-friendly fabric
that derives from wood pulp.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- The Global History of the Bandana
How an Indian export became part of the fabric
of American life
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Restaurateur Danny Meyer on stimulus need: 'We cannot reemploy people if we go out of business'
"We are part of psychological and emotional fabric
of communities, and restaurants have just been heroic in trying to hang on," Union Square Hospitality Group CEO Danny Meyer said.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
Fabric Shops News Headlines and News Summaries