This Eyewear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about eyewear and eyeglass news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Seeing Is Believing: Could Eyeglasses Be The Key To Improving The Global Economy?
1 in 7 people worldwide need glasses, but have no way to get them. Lack of clear vision leads to setbacks in education, reduction in productivity, and economic burden globally. ...
Forbes. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- New study in China suggests eyeglasses can help protect against COVID-19
A new study suggests eyeglasses could help protect against COVID-19 after researchers noticed an odd trend in China.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- People who wear eyeglasses FIVE TIMES less likely to be diagnosed with COVID-19 than general public
A new study from China found 5.8% of coronavirus patients wore glasses for nearsightedness. Meanwhile 31.5% of those living in the Hubei province wore eyeglasses for the same condition.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- A smart eye mask that tracks muscle movements to tell what 'caught your eye'
Integrating first-of-its-kind washable hydrogel electrodes with a pulse sensor, researchers have developed smart eyewear
to track eye movement and cardiac data for physiological and psychological studies. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- Lizzo Collaborates With Global Eyewear Brand Quay To Raise Voter Awareness
Quay, the leading global eyewear
company, releases its second campaign with multi-platinum, Grammy award-winning singer, rapper, and truth teller, Lizzo, today. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- 'Housewives' star Lisa Rinna poses nude in sunglasses for new eyewear campaign
Lisa Rinna bared it all for a new modeling gig.
Fox News. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Niche online brands are surging as stay-at-home orders lead to spike in e-commerce sales
companies and other specialty retailers that were built on the internet are seeing big increases in customer growth.
CNBC. Sunday, 24 May 2020.
- This device helps blind veterans see - CNET
eSight creates high-tech eyewear
devices that use screens, algorithms and smart cameras to improve vision.
CNET. Monday, 13 Apr 2020.
- These Snow Goggles Demonstrate Thousands of Years of Indigenous Ingenuity
Made in Alaska and fashioned to protect against snow glare, the eyewear
was carved from whale baleen circa 1890
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
Eyewear Vendors News Headlines and News Summaries