This Eyewear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about eyewear and eyeglass news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Housewives' star Lisa Rinna poses nude in sunglasses for new eyewear campaign
Lisa Rinna bared it all for a new modeling gig.
Fox News. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Apple Is The Next Big Worry For Eyeglass Retailers
The competition for retail eyewear
stores will likely eventually include companies with virtually unlimited resources and the most advanced technology in the world.
Forbes. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Niche online brands are surging as stay-at-home orders lead to spike in e-commerce sales
companies and other specialty retailers that were built on the internet are seeing big increases in customer growth.
CNBC. Sunday, 24 May 2020.
- Coronavirus: Wetherspoon pubs set out post-lockdown plans
The pub chain has said that staff will be given face masks and protective eyewear
when pubs reopen.
BBC News. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Pentagon awards $134 million for medical supplies for U.S. nursing homes
The Pentagon said on Wednesday it has awarded a $134 million contract to buy protective eyewear, gloves, gowns, and masks for medical personnel at over 15,000 U.S. ...
Reuters. Wednesday, 13 May 2020.
- This device helps blind veterans see - CNET
eSight creates high-tech eyewear
devices that use screens, algorithms and smart cameras to improve vision.
CNET. Monday, 13 Apr 2020.
- Study: Low Risk Of COVID-19 Transmission Via Tears, Eyewear Is Still Important
A new study, published in the Ophthalmology journal, found no traces of SARS-CoV-2 in 64 tear samples from 17 COVID-19 patients, pointing to a low risk of the coronavirus spreading through tears.
Forbes. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- These Snow Goggles Demonstrate Thousands of Years of Indigenous Ingenuity
Made in Alaska and fashioned to protect against snow glare, the eyewear
was carved from whale baleen circa 1890
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- How a lost pair of glasses and a friendship disrupted the eyewear industry
When Dave Gilboa lost a pair of eyeglasses early on a post-college backpacking trip, little did he know it would lead him to form a company that would take on the biggest glasses entity in the world.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Dec 2019.
- Academics hide humans from surveillance cameras with 2D prints
Couple it with some snazzy eyeglasses and you can become invisible to modern AI-powered surveillance systems.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
Eyewear Vendors News Headlines and News Summaries