This Eyewear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about eyewear and eyeglass news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How This Eyewear Retailer Is Transforming Music Festivals With AR Technology
Eyeconic teamed up with Live Nation and Lollapalooza to bring fans cutting edge experiences.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- How This Charitable Business Keeps Its Profits Within the Community
company focuses on marketing with the brain and making profit-sharing decisions with the heart.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- How to find your eyeglass prescription without getting an exam - CNET
Need your vision specs so you can order new specs? This magical new tool can give you the numbers.
CNET. Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019.
- Ohio ditches sales tax for glasses and contact lenses
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Corrective eyeglasses and contact lenses purchased in Ohio are no longer subject to state sales tax. The Dayton Daily News reports the change went into effect Monday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019.
- Sunglasses for the trendy golfer: 13 unique styles that are eye-catching with strong performance
Switch things up in your summertime eyewear
with these one-of-a-kind sunglasses you can wear on the golf course.
Golf Digest. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
- Mattresses, Furniture, Eyeglasses And More: Save Big On High Quality By Buying Direct
Buying high-ticket items can be easier, cheaper and higher-quality than you might think - if you know where to shop.
Forbes. Sunday, 9 Jun 2019.
- Why the $49 billion merger of eyewear giants Luxottica and Essilor worries some antitrust experts
Since its founding, Luxottica has transformed glasses from a medical device to a fashion statement. Some now question if it has too much power.
CNBC. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Ray-ban owner EssilorLuxottica draws line under Franco-Italian feud
EssilorLuxottica declared an end to a feud between its French and Italian partners on Monday, saying it would drop all legal proceedings and focus on integrating the eyewear
group formed by last year's 54 billion euro ($61 billion) merger.
Reuters. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Academics hide humans from surveillance cameras with 2D prints
Couple it with some snazzy eyeglasses and you can become invisible to modern AI-powered surveillance systems.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Best Eyewear For Golf
Not just any pair of golf eyewear
will suffice. Most quality shades have the standard UVA/UVB protection, comfortable face grips and a stylish design, but they lack golf-specific lens color and shape. ...
Golf Digest. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Princeton students are suspected in the brutal 30-year-old unsolved murder of an elderly woman
Emily 'Cissy' Stuart, 74, was found dead on April 2, 1989, face down and clutching her eyeglasses behind a padlocked basement door, having suffered five stab wounds to her back.
Daily Mail. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- Huawei surprises with Smart Eyewear glasses announcement, in collaboration with Gentle Monster
Huawei has partnered with Gentle Monster to launch its own series of Smart Eyewear
. The glasses will be launched as a collection of different designs and
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- 11 Secrets of Opticians
Opticians rarely get as much credit as their optometrist counterparts, but they're a vital part of the eyewear
world. Here is what they actually do.
Mental Floss. Friday, 22 Feb 2019.
- Retirees can buy Warby Parker designer glasses for under $50 with UnitedHealth's Medicare plan
UnitedHealth says it will offer about 2 million of its Medicare Advantage beneficiaries access to Warby Parker's prescription eyewear
CNBC. Monday, 19 Nov 2018.
- The style of sunglasses that looks good on EVERY face shape
Finding a complementary pair of sunglasses is no easy feat, but celeb-obsessed eyewear
brand, Krewe, offers a silhouette that looks good on every face shape.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 31 May 2018.
Eyewear Vendors News Headlines and News Summaries