This Eyewear news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about eyewear and eyeglass news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why the $49 billion merger of eyewear giants Luxottica and Essilor worries some antitrust experts
Since its founding, Luxottica has transformed glasses from a medical device to a fashion statement. Some now question if it has too much power.
CNBC. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Patrick Mahomes Is New Face Of Oakley Eyewear
Patrick Mahomes is set to become the face of Oakley eyewear. It's one of many endorsements the rising star has gained this offseason.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Eyewear website operator gets 2 more years in prison
An eyewear website operator has been sentenced to two years in prison by a judge who says there's a great risk he'll commit fraud again if he is freed
ABC News. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Academics hide humans from surveillance cameras with 2D prints
Couple it with some snazzy eyeglasses and you can become invisible to modern AI-powered surveillance systems.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Princeton students are suspected in the brutal 30-year-old unsolved murder of an elderly woman
Emily 'Cissy' Stuart, 74, was found dead on April 2, 1989, face down and clutching her eyeglasses behind a padlocked basement door, having suffered five stab wounds to her back.
Daily Mail. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- Huawei surprises with Smart Eyewear glasses announcement, in collaboration with Gentle Monster
Huawei has partnered with Gentle Monster to launch its own series of Smart Eyewear. The glasses will be launched as a collection of different designs and
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- Meet The Social Entrepreneur Who Discovered A Problem Hiding In Plain Sight
Jordan Kassalow founded VisionSpring to address a social and market failure: 2.5 billion visually impaired people without access to eyeglasses. ...
Forbes. Monday, 11 Mar 2019.
- How badly are we being ripped off on eyewear? Former industry execs tell all
Charles Dahan knows from first-hand experience how badly people get ripped off when buying eyeglasses. He was once one of the leading suppliers of frames to LensCrafters, before the company was purchased by optical behemoth Luxottica. ...
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 5 Mar 2019.
- 11 Secrets of Opticians
Opticians rarely get as much credit as their optometrist counterparts, but they're a vital part of the eyewear world. Here is what they actually do.
Mental Floss. Friday, 22 Feb 2019.
- How This Independent Luxury Eyewear Brand Went Global
Barton Perreira's co-founder and CEO discusses the eyewear brand's big move.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 6 Feb 2019.
- Antireflection coating makes plastic invisible
Antireflection (AR) coatings on plastics have a multitude of practical applications, including glare reduction on eyeglasses, computer monitors and the display on your smart-phone when outdoors. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 29 Jan 2019.
- The eyewear designer for the stars
How Tom Davies built his eponymous glasses company, which is much loved by celebrities.
BBC News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- In the era of Warby Parker, measure your own eyeglass prescription at home - CNET
CNET. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Save 25 percent on custom eyeglasses from Eyewear Insight - CNET
Cheapskate exclusive! This promo code will save you even more on these ultra affordable frames and lenses.
CNET. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- James Joyce's glasses fetch $19,000 at auction
The eyeglasses worn by literary legend James Joyce while he was writing his modernist classic "Ulysses" sold for more than $19,000 at auction on Tuesday in Dublin. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
Woman wearing dark-rimmed eyewear
Related Directory Page(s)
Eyewear Vendors News Headlines and News Summaries