This Eyewear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about eyewear and eyeglass news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- National Vision (EYE) Rides on Comps Growth Amid COVID-19 Woes
National Vision's (EYE) Eyeglass
pumps sales are robust driven by increases in both customer transactions and average ticket.
Zacks. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Kansas City Chiefs Megastar Patrick Mahomes Launches His Own Line Of Oakley Eyewear
Like Nike does with its shoes for LeBron James, Oakley designed a sunglass line for Patrick Mahomes.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- How to Acquire Your First 100 Customers
The co-founder of a blue light-filtering eyewear
company talks about scaling up from zero.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Can YOU see the turkey wearing glasses?
Ireland-based company Ambr Eyewear, has created a new seek-and-find puzzle. The challenge involves spotting a turkey wearing glasses among a crowd of other festive birds.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 26 Dec 2020.
- My Eyelab Opens New Stores in Houston Area
HOUSTON - My Eyelab, a leading retail eye health provider offering accessible and affordable eye care and eyewear, recently opened its newest locations in Houston, Humble and Cypress, TX on December 14 and 21. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- Alex Hall and U.S. Ski Team Helped Spyder Design Its New Eyewear Line
Freeskier Alex Hall and the U.S. Ski Team have partnered with Spyder on its first line of eyewear, designed with input from Hall and with skiers in mind. Some frames have the U.S. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Jonathan Maertens: Man who raped girls jailed
Jonathan Maertens, from the Isle of Wight, filmed his attacks on an eyewear
BBC News. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- New study in China suggests eyeglasses can help protect against COVID-19
A new study suggests eyeglasses could help protect against COVID-19 after researchers noticed an odd trend in China.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- People who wear eyeglasses FIVE TIMES less likely to be diagnosed with COVID-19 than general public
A new study from China found 5.8% of coronavirus patients wore glasses for nearsightedness. Meanwhile 31.5% of those living in the Hubei province wore eyeglasses for the same condition.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- Niche online brands are surging as stay-at-home orders lead to spike in e-commerce sales
companies and other specialty retailers that were built on the internet are seeing big increases in customer growth.
CNBC. Sunday, 24 May 2020.
- This device helps blind veterans see - CNET
eSight creates high-tech eyewear
devices that use screens, algorithms and smart cameras to improve vision.
CNET. Monday, 13 Apr 2020.
- These Snow Goggles Demonstrate Thousands of Years of Indigenous Ingenuity
Made in Alaska and fashioned to protect against snow glare, the eyewear
was carved from whale baleen circa 1890
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
Eyewear Vendors News Headlines and News Summaries