This Eyeglass news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about eyeglass and sunglass news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- EE launches 'Nreal Air' augmented reality sunglasses that project a huge screen in front of you
The Nreal Air glasses, which are being launched by UK mobile network EE, look like a normal pair of sunglasses from the front, but have an OLED display hidden behind the lenses.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 May 2022.
- Study reveals how to take the perfect Airbnb host profile photo to get more bookings
Researchers from the University of York suggest that profile pictures showing the host smiling and wearing sunglasses are the most successful - while female hosts also get more bookings.
Daily Mail. Monday, 9 May 2022.
- The maker of Ray-Ban sunglasses has sued JPMorgan over $272 million in fraudulent payments.
The French maker of Ray-Ban sunglasses, Essilor International, has sued JPMorgan Chase for failing to stop the suspicious payments.
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Apr 2022.
- Where To Buy Prescription Eyeglasses Online (And How To Choose The Best Pair)
From big names to boutique brands, these retailers can save you hundreds when buying prescription glasses online.
Forbes. Friday, 25 Mar 2022.
- WATCH: Diver frees starfish from sunglasses
A diver off the coast of Australia helped free an 11-armed starfish found clinging to a pair of sunglasses.
ABC News. Monday, 21 Mar 2022.
- Smash-and-grab thieves strike multiple DC-area eyeglass stores in broad daylight
A string of smash-and-grabs at eyeglass
stores in the Washington, D.C., area last month saw thieves target high-end frames and make off with tens of thousands of dollars in merchandise.
Fox News. Sunday, 6 Feb 2022.
- Joni Ernst tells Democrats to 'cool it' on filibuster change
Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, cracked out sunglasses on the Senate floor Wednesday and told Democrats to "cool it" with their efforts to roll back the filibuster rule.
Fox News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Are These Glasses The Future For Athletes?
These sunglasses show athletes pertinent data right in the lens.
Forbes. Sunday, 12 Dec 2021.
- Warby Parker sales rise 32% as eyeglass retailer's losses widen in third quarter
Warby Parker reported Friday that its third-quarter revenue rose 32% from year-ago levels, but its losses widened.
CNBC. Friday, 12 Nov 2021.
- A simple iPhone tweak to make it easier to use in summer
If you're an iPhone owner that wears sunglasses during the summer months, this one's for you.
ZDNet. Saturday, 5 Jun 2021.
- Does the UV Protection in Sunglasses Really Expire?
Shades that block harmful UV rays don't have an expiration date, but that doesn't mean they remain as effective as the day you bought them.
Mental Floss. Friday, 14 May 2021.
Eyeglasses & Sunglasses News Headlines and News Summaries