This Exporting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about exporting and exporter news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- H. R. McMaster: Whether Trump or Biden wins, China still offers biggest challenge to our security, prosperity
The Chinese Communist Party is not only strengthening an internal system that stifles human freedom and extends its authoritarian control it is exporting
that model across the globe.
Fox News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Brexit letter warns of 7,000-truck queues in Kent
Exporters to the EU face two-day delays to trade after transition period ends, a cabinet minister warns.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Lorry drivers will need permit to access Kent after Brexit transition
Lorry drivers exporting
goods to Europe through Kent after the Brexit transition period ends will need to have a permit or face police action, a senior minister has told MPs.
Sky News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- This leaked letter reveals the UK fears its Brexit plans will cause border chaos with 7,000 lorries queued at Dover
Gove's letter warns that up to 70% of British exporters might not have the correct paperwork to trade with the EU from next year.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Surging Euro Presents E.C.B. With a Dilemma
A rising currency is eroding the competitiveness of European exporters. Central bankers are starting to worry.
New York Times. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- China steps up trade war with Australia by slapping a ban on the nation's biggest barley exporter
Australia's top grain exporter
has been banned from sending barley to China after disputed claims pests were found in multiple shipments.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Japan suffers record slump as pandemic hits consumers and exporters
Japan suffered its biggest slump on record in the second quarter as the economy shrank by 7.8% thanks to the impact of the coronavirus crisis.
Sky News. Monday, 17 Aug 2020.
- German industrial output rebounds in sign of post-lockdown recovery
A host of indicators in past days have shown clear signs that the exporting
powerhouse has put the worst of the impact of the coronavirus lockdown behind it.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Chesapeake Energy, a Shale Pioneer, Files for Bankruptcy Protection
The company helped turn the United States into a gas exporter
but became known for an illegal scheme to suppress the price of oil and gas leases.
New York Times. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Canadian grain exports flowing fast as pandemic lock-downs clear railway space
Canadian grain exporters are boosting sales in a slumping global economy, as demand for commodities like oil weakens and frees up railway space.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Pork exporters to China will have a 'huge advantage' for the next year or two, analyst says
African swine fever damaged supply so much that even with lower demand, pork prices are still twice what they were two years ago, according to Richard Herzfelder, senior advisor at GIRA Consultancy & Research.
CNBC. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Oil prices slip as wary traders eye upcoming OPEC+ meeting
Oil prices fell nearly 1% on Monday as traders hedged bets with the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting
Countries (OPEC) considering meeting as soon as this week to discuss whether to extend record production cuts beyond end-June. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 31 May 2020.
- Apple looks into shifting $40billion of production from China to India after coronavirus disruptions
Apple is in talks with Indian officials about producing up to $40billion worth of phones through local manufacturers in a move that could make the tech giant India's largest exporter
Daily Mail. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- G20 Oil Agreement Doomed To Fail As All Earlier OPEC Deals Have Failed
Price-rigging, once a globally reviled specialty of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting
Countries, has been legitimized by the G20.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Apr 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries