This Exporting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about exporting and exporter news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- German industrial output rebounds in sign of post-lockdown recovery
A host of indicators in past days have shown clear signs that the exporting
powerhouse has put the worst of the impact of the coronavirus lockdown behind it.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: 'Exporting goods has been like a game of chess'
goods during the Covid-19 lockdown has been "a game of chess", says tights manufacturer.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Chesapeake Energy, a Shale Pioneer, Files for Bankruptcy Protection
The company helped turn the United States into a gas exporter
but became known for an illegal scheme to suppress the price of oil and gas leases.
New York Times. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Warren and Booker Press Meatpackers on Exports to China
Senators Elizabeth Warren and Cory Booker questioned how companies could warn of pandemic shortages while exporting
record amounts of pork to China.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Canadian grain exports flowing fast as pandemic lock-downs clear railway space
Canadian grain exporters are boosting sales in a slumping global economy, as demand for commodities like oil weakens and frees up railway space.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Pork exporters to China will have a 'huge advantage' for the next year or two, analyst says
African swine fever damaged supply so much that even with lower demand, pork prices are still twice what they were two years ago, according to Richard Herzfelder, senior advisor at GIRA Consultancy & Research.
CNBC. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Oil prices slip as wary traders eye upcoming OPEC+ meeting
Oil prices fell nearly 1% on Monday as traders hedged bets with the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting
Countries (OPEC) considering meeting as soon as this week to discuss whether to extend record production cuts beyond end-June. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 31 May 2020.
- China exporters look inwards as virus hits overseas markets
Cancelled shipments, returned goods and a dearth of new orders have left China exporters in crisis as the coronavirus hits its trading partners worldwide -- accelerating a long-standing push towards domestic consumption. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 24 May 2020.
- Production Cut, Demand Optimism Boost Oil Price: 4 Winners
Production cuts by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting
Countries and its allies, including Russia, are helping oil prices.
Zacks. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- EMERGING MARKETS-Oil prices lift Mexican, Colombian pesos but sentiment remains fragile
Surging oil prices buoyed currencies of oil exporters Mexico and Colombia on Friday, although rising U.S.-China trade tensions and dismal economic data owing to the coronavirus outbreak kept sentiment at bay. ...
Reuters. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Apple looks into shifting $40billion of production from China to India after coronavirus disruptions
Apple is in talks with Indian officials about producing up to $40billion worth of phones through local manufacturers in a move that could make the tech giant India's largest exporter
Daily Mail. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- G20 Oil Agreement Doomed To Fail As All Earlier OPEC Deals Have Failed
Price-rigging, once a globally reviled specialty of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting
Countries, has been legitimized by the G20.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Apr 2020.
- BGMEA backs government factory holiday guidelines
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) has backed the government's general holiday for factories, except for those producing personal protective equipment, in a bid to help slow the Covid-19 outbreak.
Just Style. Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020.
- Trump wants India to supply unproven 'covid drug'
India may 'reconsider' a ban on exporting
hydroxychloroquine after a call from the US President.
BBC News. Monday, 6 Apr 2020.
- 3M faces pressure from Trump order to stop exporting N95 masks to Canada
Medical device manufacturer 3M says it is under pressure from the White House to stop exporting
N95 masks it currently produces in the United States to other countries, including Canada.
CBC News. Friday, 3 Apr 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries