This Exercise news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about exercise news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dem Rep Wonders Why We Can Ban Straws And Not Guns
Anti-gun politicians like Rep. Richmond seem to forget the right to keep and bear arms is included in the Bill of Rights, alongside the right to free speech, a free press and freedom to exercise
Daily Caller. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- What parents should know about dietary supplements for kids
"A pill isn't going to make you do better on a test... A pill won't help you make the varsity team. Food will, exercise
will, studying will."
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Study finds exercising in green spaces relieves stress more than going to an indoor gym
Mountain biking and running in areas with no urban views reduced stress the most in a study in Germany. Researchers said a 'calming' environment is the best to exercise
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Happiness 24/7: Three Exercises to Flex Your Happiness Muscles
We've all heard about the 'happiness course' offered at Yale University in 2018. ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Online brain games can extend in-game 'cognitive youth' into old age
A new study has found that online brain game exercises can enable people in their 70s and even 80s to multitask cognitively as well as individuals 50 years their junior. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Chinese paramilitary forces seen exercising across border from Hong Kong
Hundreds of members of China's People's Armed Police could be seen conducting exercises on Thursday at a sports stadium in Shenzhen, as the U.S. ...
CBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Physical and mental exercise lower chances for developing delirium after surgery
A team of researchers has designed a study to see whether older adults who are physically active before having surgery had less delirium after surgery. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Social-media use 'disrupting teen sleep and exercise'
Checking sites multiple times a day means less time is spent on healthy activities, a UK study suggests.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- What Are the Differences Between EFT and TFT?
Can these coach-guided exercises really clear out mental cobwebs?
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Binge-watching your favourite TV series is bad for your brain, expert warns
Dr Randall Wright from the Houston Methodist Hospital in Texas said the past time often leads to social isolation, snacking on junk food and a lack of exercise
and sleep, which is bad for the brain.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Simone Biles wins record-tying 6th U.S. women's gymnastics title
In so doing, becomes first person to land a triple-double during competition during floor exercise
CBS News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Trump says Kim will stop short-range missile tests when US-South Korean drills end
Trump also said that Kim stated he would like to start negotiations as soon as the exercises are over.
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- North Korea again fires projectiles into Sea of Japan, officials say
North Korea fired more projectile missiles into the sea early Saturday in a likely rebuke of joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea that the North has long regarded as a dress rehearsal for invasion.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Canada increases travel warning for Hong Kong
Canada has raised its travel advisory warning for travel to Hong Kong, telling Canadians to exercise
'a high degree of caution.'
CBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- More protests as US raises Hong Kong travel warning amid growing unrest
The United States raised its travel warning for Hong Kong, urging travelers to exercise
increased caution in the Chinese territory due to what it termed civil unrest after months of sometimes violent street protests.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries