This Excavation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about excavation and excavating news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Treasure hunter caught digging in Yellowstone cemetery is indicted by federal grand jury
A Utah man has been formally indicted on charges of unlawfully excavating
and damaging the Fort Yellowstone Cemetery in Wyoming between Oct. 2019 and May 2020.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Mass Grave Unearthed in Tulsa During Search for Massacre Victims
found 11 coffins in Oaklawn Cemetery, but painstaking work will be required to identify whether the remains are from Black victims of the 1921 race massacre.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Remnants of Woodland Iroquois Village Discovered in Ontario
Excavations have unearthed 35,000 artifacts, including carbonized corn, ceramics and stone tools
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Log Cabin Excavation Unearths Evidence of Forgotten Black Community
Artifacts recall a thriving Maryland neighborhood that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad
Smithsonian. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Hidden history of York's medieval city walls to be uncovered in major of excavation
A stretch of York's city walls between Baile Hill, the visible remains of a motte and bailey castle, and Bitchdaughter Tower will undergo a four month repair project.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Iron Age wine press unearthed in Lebanon
Excavations at Tell el-Burak near the city of Sidon uncovered the well-preserved press, which was constructed from plaster made by mixing lime and recycled ceramics.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- 13 coffins, closed for 2,500-years, discovered in Egypt
Some 13 2,500-year-old human coffins have been discovered during an excavation
Fox News. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- Over 1,500 human bones found at Osaka historical grave site
in the western Japanese city of Osaka has unearthed more than 1,500 human bones at what is thought to be a burial site dating back some 160 years, city officials have said. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Woodstock man, 33, dies after arm gets stuck in Volo excavation company machinery
A 33-year-old Woodstock man died Friday afternoon after his arm got stuck in heavy machinery.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 Aug 2020.
- Excavations to Resume for 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Graves
Racist mob killed hundreds of Black people in 1921
Voice of America. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Elon Musk's Boring Company Completes Excavation of Its Las Vegas Tunnels
The loop transit system is on track to open in January 2021.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
Excavation Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries