This Excavation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about excavation and excavating news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Excavations to Resume for 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Graves
Racist mob killed hundreds of Black people in 1921
Voice of America. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Roman-Era Structures Found Near Sphinx-Lined Egyptian Avenue
Excavations at Kebbash Road revealed circular ovens, a mud-brick wall and a sandstone wall
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Viking ship discovery: Historic dig to uncover longship starts in Norway
The first excavation
of a Viking ship in 100 years is underway in Norway.
Fox News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- First Viking ship excavation in a century begins in Norway
Just three other well-preserved vessels from the period have been discovered in the Scandinavian country.
BBC News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- Biblical village where Jesus fed the 5,000 is UNDERWATER as floods force experts to abandon dig site
Archaeologists have been working to prove that the lost ancient town once stood at El-Araj, an excavation
site on the northern shore of the Sea of Galilee.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- Looking good for his age! Face of a priest who died 900 years ago
of a burial site for clergymen at Lincoln Cathedral has allowed experts to uncover the face of a medieval priest.
Daily Mail. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- Elon Musk's Boring Company Completes Excavation of Its Las Vegas Tunnels
The loop transit system is on track to open in January 2021.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
- Archaeologists Discover Ancient Stone Turtle in Drained Angkor Reservoir
The reservoir houses the remnants of a centuries-old temple now undergoing excavation
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
- Secret, wood-lined tunnel dating to the 1800s unearthed by archaeologists
Archaeologists have discovered a secret tunnel while excavating
for a new train station in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Fox News. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
Excavation Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries