This European news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about European and Europe news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Biden signs executive order with new framework to protect data transfers between the U.S. and EU
The new Privacy Shield seeks to address European
concerns of surveillance by U.S. intelligence agencies.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Europe energy crisis: Italians told to turn thermostats down
Italy becomes the latest European
country to impose energy-saving rules ahead of winter.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Hyatt (H) Boosts Its Hotel Portfolio With New Collaboration
Hyatt (H) partners with Lindner Hotels AG to boost its presence in Germany and European
Zacks. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- UK energy crisis will be worse next year than this year, expert warns
James Rogers, co-founder of the think-tank Council on Geostrategy, told MailOnline that Europe
can get through this winter because it stockpiled Russia gas before the supplies were cut off.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Under New Order, Europeans Can Complain to U.S. About Data Collection
The executive order, signed by President Biden, brings the United States and the European
Union closer to a broader deal on the transfer of digital data.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- What Did The First Meeting Of The European Political Community Actually Achieve?
Leaders from nearly all European
countries gathered in Prague for the inaugural meeting of the European
Political Community. ...
Radio Liberty. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Column: Cabrillo landed in California 480 years ago. People have fought over him ever since
Cabrillo National Monument recently commemorated the anniversary of the first European
to set foot in California. Things didn't go as planned.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Erling Haaland can't stop scoring; which records could he break?
Haaland will eye Premier League and European
records; should Cristiano Ronaldo and Alan Shearer worry?
ESPN. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- France Seeks to Weather an Energy Crisis as Russia Cuts Gas Supplies
The government unveiled its biggest energy conservation measures in decades, part of an effort in Europe
to save power as Russia cuts gas supplies.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- French court slashes Apple antitrust fine in blow to European regulators
A French court lowered a record 1.1 billion antitrust fine on Apple to 371.6 million euros, roughly a third the value of the original penalty.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Where Russians Are Fleeing To [Infographic]
Around 30,000 more Russian entered neighboring European
nations in the past two weeks than departed from them.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- UK's Truss joins Europe's leaders for big summit on Russian war
Leaders from the UK and across Europe
meet in Prague as part of a new political forum.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- EU Formalizes Eighth Round Of Sanctions Against Russia
Union's eighth sanctions package on Russia over its war in Ukraine was officially adopted on October 6 after gaining final approval the previous day, the bloc's executive arm said.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- The European Energy Crisis Is Transient And The Response Should Be Also
Europeans should avoid making permanent energy regulations in response to the current, largely transient, problems.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Britain pleads with Europe to help 'keep the lights on' this winter
Liz Truss is attending a summit of European
leaders in Prague on Thursday, with French president Emmanuel Macron among those she is expected to meet, to discuss the energy crisis.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries