This Environment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about environment and environmental news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How Kate Middleton has transformed her wardrobe into an 'eco-closet'
British stylist Susie Hasler said the Duchess of Cambridge, 38, crafted an 'eco-wardrobe' by rewearing pieces, seeking items from environmentally-friendly brands and vintage.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Canada Goose CEO says experiential store offers a 'break from the insanity of the world today'
Canada Goose's CEO Dani Reiss said Friday that the retailer's recently opened experiential store in Canada is "almost built for this environment
CNBC. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Brazilian environmentalist Sirkis killed in car crash
Environmentalist Alfredo Sirkis, a founder of Brazil's Green Party and a tireless campaigner for policies to curb climate change, died on Friday in a car crash, television network TV Globo said. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Looking for Current Income? 5 ETFs to Earn At Least 3% Yield
Amid very-low interest rate environment, investors may be interested in securities that have the potential to offer capital appreciation as well as benchmark-beating yields.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Wealthy investors' growing demand for sustainability suggests new investment trend
The world's uber wealthy are increasingly putting their money towards socially, ethically and environmentally conscious businesses, suggesting further growth ahead for sustainable investments.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Nearly one in three Britons plan to work from home to help the environment after lockdown ends
Four out of five of those surveyed believed remote working was a solution to reducing emissions but the report said this may do more harm than good.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- State Department Bars Chinese Officials Who Restrict Access to Tibet
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said international access to Tibet was a matter of regional and environmental
security. He did not say how many Chinese officials were being blocked from the U.S.
New York Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Dr. Bernice King and Mayor Michael Tubbs on How Universal Basic Income Can Help Address the Racial Wealth Gap
Dr. Bernice King and Stockton, Calif. Mayor Michael Tubbs discussed racial wealth gap and environmental
injustice in a TIME 100 Talks panel
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Socio-economic, environmental impacts of COVID-19 quantified
How is COVID-19 impacting people and the planet and what are the implications for a post-pandemic world? A new study quantifies the socio-economic losses and environmental
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Aquaculture's role in nutrition in the COVID-19 era
A new paper examines the economics of an aquaculture industry of the future that is simultaneously environmentally sustainable and nutritious for the nearly 1 billion people worldwide who depend on it.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- 3 Cell Tower REITs in Focus as Demand for 5G Accelerates
Cell tower fundamentals are solid and coronavirus-induced stay-at-home environment
is accelerating the need for development of faster 5G networks, making tower REITs the hottest play in real estate.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- How to bring colleagues closer (on and off the clock) while social distancing
The value team building brings is tremendous. Keeping the team connected, even if only virtually right now, allows work to go as smoothly and efficiently as possible and creates a positive work environment
Inman. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Ivy League suspends fall sports due to coronavirus pandemic
"We simply do not believe we can create and maintain an environment
for intercollegiate athletic competition that meets our requirements for safety and acceptable levels of risk," the Ivy League Council of Presidents said.
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- New Mexico fines Denver-based firm $5.3M for air pollution
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - The New Mexico Environment
Department has fined an oil and gas company more than $5.3 million for repeated violations of state air pollution standards. DCP Midstream was issued a compliance order Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Silver worries positive tests may pop 'bubble'
NBA commissioner Adam Silver is worried that too many positive tests in the Orlando "bubble" environment
could shut down the season again.
ESPN. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
Environmental Services News Headlines and News Summaries