This Engineering news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about engineering and engineer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'McBroken': McDonald's fan launches site that identifies restaurants with broken ice cream machines
Rashiq Zahid, a 24-year-old software engineer, said he launched the site after becoming frustrated with his inability to get a McSundae at a McDonald's in Germany.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Diabolical ironclad beetles can get squished under 39,000 times their weight and survive. Scientists figured out how.
A new study describes the strength of diabolical ironclad beetle exoskeletons. The findings could help engineers create hardier vehicles and planes.
Yahoo. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Cognizant (CTSH) to Report Q3 Earnings: What's in Store?
Cognizant's (CTSH) Q3 results are likely to reflect steady demand in digital engineering, cloud and IoT, partially offset by reduced billings and client demand.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- This beetle can survive getting run over by a car. Engineers are figuring out how
Getting run over by a car is not a near-death experience for the diabolical ironclad beetle. How the beetle survives could inspire the development of new materials with the same herculean toughness, engineers show.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- This Mexican Biotech Engineer Helps Colombian Small Businesses Enter New Markets
Karen Lucatero's passion for helping people has taken her from a biotechnology engineering
background to helping small and medium chemical businesses in Colombia to enter international markets with their products. #globalsouthscience.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Champions League: Manchester United Delivers Spirited Masterclass To Defeat Paris Saint-Germain 2-1
The English club engineered another late win in Paris.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Man, 47, dies 'from long Covid' two months after leaving ICU
Roehl Ribaya, 47, was cheered out of Blackpool Victoria Hospital in July after 60 days on its intensive care ward, but his believes 'long Covid' contributed to his death last week.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- This CEO Doesn't Look at Resumes When Hiring
Working in software engineering, Aline Lerner saw firms overlook promising candidates who didn't have fancy schools or top companies on their resumes. Her company, Interviewing.io, helps them get a foot in the door.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Celanese (CE) Raises Prices of Engineered Materials Products
Per Celanese (CE), the price hike is due to a substantial increase in demand for its specialty polymer products.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Straight married father-of-three reveals he's worn skirts and high heels every day for four years
Mark Bryan, a 61 robotics engineering
manager from America, now living in Germany, spoke to Bored Panda about slashing gender clothing stereotypes with his wardrobe choices.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- A controllable membrane to pull carbon dioxide out of exhaust streams
A system developed by chemical engineers could provide a way of continuously removing carbon dioxide from a stream of waste gases, or even from the air. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Stonehaven derailment: Track damaged in fatal train crash replaced
Engineers are laying 500m of track at the scene of the incident in Stonehaven in which three men died.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Retired toy engineer builds massive Halloween display from scratch
A retired Fisher-Price toy engineer
created a now-viral Halloween display at his New York home.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Engineering Student Builds Giant Slip 'N Side in an Effort to Break a World Record
It took engineering
student Jeff Roper less than 11 seconds to clear the massive, DIY Slip 'n Slide he built near his grandparents' home.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- How Covid-19 Caused Social Media Apps to Pivot with New Features
To keep up with society's new digital traits, social media engineers have had to work tirelessly to launch more efficient and simpler features.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries