This Engineering news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about engineering and engineer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Latest Amtrak incident third deadly crash in less than two months
Amtrak's CEO blames a freight train operator for its latest deadly accident. An engineer
and conductor were killed in the crash in South Carolina, and more than 100 people were injured. ...
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- SAE Just Redefined Autonomy, But Level 3 Is Still Tricky
The Society of Automotive Engineers last week published an update to its six-level automated driving taxonomy. Level 3 is still the trickiest.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- What is Windows 10X and what's happening with it?
Microsoft has been designing and building a new version of Windows 10, called Windows 10X, for the last couple of years, with the help of hundreds of engineers
Pocket Lint. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Jacobs (J) Q2 Earnings & Revenues Top, View Raised, Stock Up
Group's (J) second-quarter fiscal 2021 results benefit from robust performance of the Critical Mission Solutions segment.
Zacks. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Do white Google engineers have a case in discrimination lawsuit?
In a new lawsuit, two former Google engineers claim the company is a hostile workplace for employees with conservative views. The suit filed Monday in California also alleges the company discriminates against men and white employees. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- MIDAS SHARE TIPS UPDATE: Roads lead to growth for Hill & Smith
A broad-based engineer, the group is the UK's leading supplier of road safety barriers, with a fleet stretching 215,000 miles, enough to cover every single paved road in the country.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- China says its rocket debris landed in the Indian Ocean
Debris from a large Chinese rocket landed in the Indian Ocean on Sunday, according to the China Manned Space Engineering
CNBC. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Seeing the Real Faces of Silicon Valley
For many midlevel engineers and food truck workers and longtime residents, a region filled with extremes has become increasingly inhospitable.
New York Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Tesla Rival Lucid To Advertise Electric Air Sedan On NBC As Elon Musk Hosts SNL
The startup electric-car maker led by a former Tesla chief engineer
will promote its battery-powered Air luxury sedan spot to run during Saturday Night Live when Musk hosts the comedy show.
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- ALEX BRUMMER: Attack on British aerospace industry
The latest in the sights of a foreign predator is Meggitt, which is being stalked by acquisitive US engineering
outfit Woodward. Meggitt has a British heritage which dates back to 1850.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Tesla can't promise driverless cars in 2021, engineer tells California DMV
Elon Musk's messaging on driverless vehicles doesn't always "match engineering
reality," Tesla employees told California's DMV, according to DMV meeting notes.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Descendant's DNA Helps Identify Remains of Doomed Franklin Expedition Engineer
New research marks the first time scholars have confirmed the identity of bones associated with the fateful Arctic voyage
Smithsonian. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Orion Engineered Carbons (OEC) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Orion Engineered Carbons (OEC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 13.33% and 13.82%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Operating Rooms Go Under the Knife
Hospitals are bringing together surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses with architects, engineers and administrative staff to rethink the modern operating room.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Ex-Boots chief finds perfect fit with deal for physio group Ascenti
A former chief executive of Boots is staging a return to the health and wellbeing sector by engineering
the purchase of one of Britain's biggest private providers of physiotherapy services.
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries