This Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Climate activist Greta Thunberg on the environmental crisis
Climate activist Greta Thunberg is a Swedish powerhouse with a seemingly endless supply of energy
. OPEC calls her the greatest threat to the oil industry. Roxana Saberi reports for our "Eye on Earth" series.
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Large solar project proposed in southwest Colorado
CORTEZ, Colo. (AP) - A Chicago-based renewable energy
company has submitted a bid to build a $127 million solar project in southwest Colorado. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Four Loko launches hard seltzer with 14 per cent alcohol
Four Loko launches hard seltzer with 14 per cent alcohol, pictured. The infamous alcohol energy
brand, the original formula of which was banned in 2010, is vying to become the go-to hard seltzer.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- US government awards General Motors $2M for solid-state battery research - Roadshow
Ford is also getting money from the Department of Energy, but not for electric powertrains.
CNET. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- U.S. Oil Supplies Up for 2nd Week, Adds to Bearish Sentiment
A U.S. government report reveals that crude inventories rose by 1.6 million barrels for the week ending Aug 9, very different to the 2.7 million barrels drawdown that energy
analysts had expected.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Amazon Announces Renewable Energy Projects In Virginia And Ireland
According to the company, its solar projects in the US have offset the CO2 equivalent of more than 200 million miles of truck deliveries.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Preventing A Climate Emergency: Is Capitalism The Problem Or Part Of The Solution?
Globally, we're under enormous pressure to reduce our environmental impact. But we're still relying on non-renewable energy
sources. What's holding us back? What role do different types of capitalism have to play in all of this?
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- To meet future energy demands, India is promising a push toward sustainability
In New Delhi, one organization wants to drive India to a more sustainable future.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- How buildings can cut 80 percent of their carbon emissions by 2050
use in buildings -- from heating and cooling your home to keeping the lights on in the office -- is responsible for over one-third of all carbon dioxide emissions in the United States. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Franco-Nevada Rides on Cobre Panama Project & Energy Revenues
Franco-Nevada (FNV) well placed to gain from streaming and royalty agreements, Cobre Panama project and robust energy
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- VCs like SoftBank see big opportunity in solutions to world problems: Energy Vault CEO
Robert Piconi, co-founder and CEO of Energy
Vault, discusses the $110 million investment the Swiss start-up received from Japanese conglomerate SoftBank.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Researchers use blockchain to drive electric-vehicle infrastructure
Researchers have integrated the use of blockchain into energy
systems, a development that could result in expanded charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Michigan AG: Consider affordability during energy assessment
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel wants the Public Service Commission to keep ratepayers in mind while assessing the state's energy
needs and resources. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Trump touts U.S. energy at Pennsylvania plastics plant
President Trump visited a petrochemical plant outside of Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The factory, which is owned by the Shell Oil Company, is expected to produce more than 1 million plastic pellets each year. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Trump Rails Against Media, Dem Opponents
Taking swipes at his Democratic opponents, the media, and the Academy Awards, President Donald Trump delivered a speech where he was supposed to deliver remarks on American energy
Newsmax. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries