This Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 475-mile underwater link will give UK access to Denmark's clean energy
Work has begun on the world's longest electricity interconnector which will allow power to travel between the UK and Denmark and could provide energy
for 1.5m British homes.
Sky News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- UGI Corp Arm Buys GHI Energy, Expands Clean Energy Business
UGI Corp's (UGI) subsidiary closes the buyout of GHI Energy
to lower greenhouse gas emissions and make its operations more environmentally sustainable.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Amazon's Climate Pledge Arena set to change the game rules on green stadium design
Amazon's planned Climate Pledge arena in Seattle is an example of how professional sports stadiums are being redesigned with renewable energy
to meet carbon-neutral goals.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Data Science: The Key Tool Cities Need To Reduce Carbon Emissions
Data-driven solutions can play an important role in incorporating more clean energy
into the grid system, optimise charging of electric vehicles, and reduce energy
consumption in buildings.
Forbes. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Oil producers expected to increase crude output
Opec ministers are meeting this week amid signs of growing energy
demand as coronavirus lockdowns ease.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Now they're trying to make us all get smart water meters
Following in the footsteps of the much criticised 'smart' energy
meter, these gadgets adopt wireless technology to spy on how much water you use.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Joe Biden Tries To Clean Up His Fracking Mess
When it comes to energy
policy, presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden has a lot of cleaning up to do as he now begins to move into general election mode in his campaign.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Free home insulation: Too good to be true?
Questions remain over the Green Homes Grant, which aims to make homes more energy
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Vistra Energy Corp. (VST) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
Corp. (VST) closed at $18.87 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.68% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Orsted inks huge renewable energy deal with semiconductor giant TSMC
Orsted is involved with some major offshore wind power projects.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Energy company CEO chased and pulled gun on Hispanic man who accidentally pulled up to wrong home
Paul Favret, CEO of Resource Energy, allegedly held Chris Ochoa, 26, and his girlfriend at gunpoint after they took a wrong turn and drove into the wealthy Elk Ridge Estates in Colorado.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Why stakeholders in 'wind energy vs biological conservation' conflict have low mutual trust
Each year, wind turbines are responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of airborne animals such as bats. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- A new look at deep-sea microbes
Microbes found deeper in the ocean are believed to have slow population turnover rates and low amounts of available energy
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Siemens CEO Says Energy Spinoff Is Best Way to Boost Shares
Jul.09 -- Siemens AG Chief Executive Officer Joe Kaeser says the proposed spinoff of an energy
business is the best way to refocus and boost the company's share price. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Ofgem runs into resistance over plan for more green investment
Ofgem has run into opposition from energy
network companies after it told them to spend more of customers' bills on green investment and less delivering returns to shareholders.
Sky News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries