This Employment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about employment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Job vacancies hit ANOTHER record of 1.25m as unemployment drops
As households brace for eye-watering energy bill hikes this Spring, it emerged that wage growth was outstripped by inflation in November for the first time since July 2020.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Boost for workers as figures show redundancies have fallen to lowest level since records began
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the jobless rate fell to 4.1 per cent between September and November. That left unemployment just a fraction above the 4 per cent seen before Covid hit.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- 4 Documents That Will Make Or Break An Employment Discrimination Case
These four categories of documents should be available to an employee relatively early in the dispute and can go a long way toward deciding the fate of an employment
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Scotland's unemployment rate falls sharply
ONS data shows the number of people seeking work dropped to 3.6%, while the employment
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Employment figures, Christmas trading and driverless cars
Ian King analyses the latest employment
statistics with a chief economist at the Institute of Directors.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- California freezes 345,000 'suspicious' disability insurance claims
The state Employment
Development Department froze 27,000 medical provider accounts and 345,000 disability insurance claims that the agency suspected of fraud.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- 'Bus Sleepers': Impoverished Iranians Find Shelter In Tehran's Night Buses
Deepening poverty in Iran is forcing some citizens in the capital to sleep in public buses during the cold winter nights. The number of homeless people in Iran has increased in recent years amid soaring unemployment and living costs.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Goldman predicts the Fed will hike rates four times this year, more than previously expected
High inflation and near-full employment
will push the Fed to raise rates more quickly than expected, according to Goldman Sachs.
CNBC. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Christian nurse harassed by hospital for years over cross necklace wins lawsuit
Tribunal in the United Kingdom ruled in favor last week of a Christian nurse who said she was forced into resigning from her job at a London hospital after being harassed over her crucifix necklace for years.
Fox News. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- If Biden isn't careful, his policies could destroy an entire economy: Winsome Sears
Virginia Lt. Gov.-elect Winsome Sears joined "Fox News Primetime" Friday to address how the racial unemployment gap has surged and the Biden economy has failed to deliver for Black Americans.
Fox News. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- As Unemployment Falls, Interest Rate Increases Creep Nearer
The jobless rate is falling sharply and pay is jumping. That may increase the urgency as the Federal Reserve withdraws economic support.
New York Times. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- December Jobs Report: U.S. Added 199,000 Jobs
The gain of 199,000 was the weakest of the year, but not for lack of demand: The unemployment rate fell to 3.9 percent, and wages increased.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- 10-year yield rises after unemployment rate falls to 3.9%, continuing big increase to start 2022
U.S. Treasury yields rose slightly on Friday following the release of December's nonfarm payrolls report.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Employers add dismal 199,000 jobs in December, unemployment rate hits 3.9%
The latest hiring figures fell below expectations for December.
ABC News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- 199K New Jobs Disappoint; 3.9% Unemployment at Pre-Covid Level
The biggest disappointment of the December jobs report comes from its most visible aspect: the weak headline number.
Zacks. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries