This Employment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about employment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Less Turnover, Smaller Raises: Hot Job Market May Be Losing Its Sizzle
Unemployment is low, and hiring is strong. But there are signs that frenzied turnover and rapid wage growth are abating.
New York Times. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Ford (F) Invests $700M in Kentucky & Unveils F-Series Pickup
Ford's (F) recent announcement of a whopping $700 million investment in Kentucky will boost employment
and new vehicle upgrades. The new '23 F-Series Pickup Truck will be built at its Kentucky plant.
Zacks. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- In The Hunt For Talent, Here Is One Factor Many Employers Overlook
With many people seeing traditional jobs as less secure than in the past, self-employment is luring more and more Americans.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Improve Your Retirement Income with These 3 Top-Ranked Dividend Stocks
The traditional ways to plan for your retirement may mean income can no longer cover expenses post-employment. But what if there was another option that could provide a steady, reliable source of income in your nest egg years?
Zacks. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Jobless claims hit five-month low despite Fed's efforts to slow labor market
Initial filings for unemployment claims fell last week to their lowest level in five months, a sign that the labor market is strengthening.
CNBC. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Dow Drops 500 Points, Markets Sink Following Flurry Of Worrisome Economic Data
Unemployment claim data released Thursday revealed a still-tight labor market, which spells bad news for investors fearful of the Federal Reserve further hiking rates amid its campaign against inflation.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Hundreds of DHS employees took pandemic unemployment aid even though they were working: Audit
Hundreds of Homeland Security employees were paid unemployment benefits during the coronavirus pandemic despite staying on the job, the department's inspector general revealed Thursday.
Washington Times. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Gov. JB Pritzker announces significant payment toward Unemployment Insurance Loan
Pritzker said in a press conference Tuesday morning the $450 million payment would reduce the remaining balance of the $1.8 billion borrowed under Title XII of the Social Security Act by 25%.
ABC News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- The Fed says unemployment will rise. These workers would lose their jobs first.
Job losses caused by the Fed's rate hikes would fall disproportionately on vulnerable workers, economists say.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Buckle up, America: The Fed plans to sharply boost unemployment
Fed Chief Jerome Powell says curbing inflation will cause pain. Critics say putting millions out of work is unnecessary.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- States paid pandemic unemployment benefits to 200,000 dead people, federal audit finds
States paid out billions of dollars in pandemic unemployment claims to more than 200,000 applicants whose Social Security numbers indicated they were already dead, according to a new inspector general's audit.
Washington Times. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Cops Accidentally Fired Their Guns In Schools At Least Twice In One Day
is not in jeopardy'
Daily Caller. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Federal watchdog admits $45.6 BILLION in pandemic unemployment benefits was stolen by fraudsters
A report on Thursday by the Inspector General of the Labor Department laid bare the scale of unemployment fraud committed during the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Fraudsters Stole $45 Billion In Unemployment Benefits Using Dead People, Prisoners: REPORT
The Department of Labor announced Thursday that 1,000 people have been charged for receiving $45.6 billion of fraudulent unemployment insurance (UI) payments since March 2020. ...
Daily Caller. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Economy: GDP, interest rates, inflation, unemployment
Tables: Latest interest rates, inflation rate and key economic and historical data from UK and world economies
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries