This Employment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about employment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Economists worry Trump's trade war with China could slow economic growth
President Trump is trying to calm weary investors as he plans to tout low unemployment in his push for reelection in 2020. But this centerpiece of his campaign effort comes as some economists warn of another recession taking shape. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Signs of recession worry Trump ahead of 2020
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is warning of an economic crash if he loses reelection, arguing that even voters who personally dislike him should base their ballots on the nation's strong growth and low unemployment rate. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Up In Smoke: Pre-Employment Marijuana Testing Goes Poof In NYC And Nevada
New York City and Nevada will make it illegal to skip over job seekers because of previous pot use. ...
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Prologis Making Progress With Polk County Warehouse Plans
Prologis (PLD) actively banking on growth opportunities as demand for industrial real estates remains high amid e-commerce boom, resilient consumer sentiment and low unemployment level.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Michigan unemployment rate edges higher to 4.3% in July
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan's unemployment rate has edged higher in July to 4.3% from 4.2% a month earlier. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Cathay Pacific says has fired two pilots over Hong Kong...
Cathay Pacific Airways has terminated the employment
of two pilots, the company said today, after it suspended them in the past week over their involvement in protests in Hong Kong.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Britain's jobs boom: More than a million people have found employment since the Brexit vote
Despite Project Fear predictions of huge job losses, a record 32.81 million people are in employment, up from 31.75 million in June 2016 when the EU referendum was held.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- 5 Critical Hiring Mistakes Employers Make
Finding top-tier talent is hard on a good day, but with unemployment in the US sitting under 4%, it's even more challenging than ever.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Scotland sees surge in unemployment
From April to June Scots out of work rose by 12,000 to 102,000, although the rate is lower than the rest of the UK.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- UK wage growth picks up to 11-year high
Earnings growth continues to accelerate but the unemployment rate edges up, official figures show.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- The Former Paralympian Tackling The UK's Disability Employment 'Scandal'
Liz Johnson was coming to the end of a 20 year-long career as a highly decorated Paralympian athlete when she realized she had to start thinking about what would come next.
Forbes. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Guatemalans to Vote in Close Presidential Runoff
Guatemalans go the polls Sunday in a runoff pitting ex-first lady Sandra Torres against conservative Alejandro Giammattei in a nation beset by poverty, unemployment and emigration.
Voice of America. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Canada lost some jobs in July, but at least 400K positions are still up for grabs
While Friday's employment
data showed the economy lost 24,000 jobs in July, a Canadian Federation of Independent Business report found there are still more unfilled private sector jobs than one year ago.
CBC News. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Unemployment rate jumps to 5.7% in July as more people look for fewer jobs
Canada's economy lost 24,000 jobs in July, and the unemployment rate moved up 0.2 percentage points to 5.7 per cent.
CBC News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Housing sentiment hits record high, as bidding wars vanish
Falling mortgage rates and strong employment
drove consumer confidence in housing to a record high in July, according to a monthly index from Fannie Mae.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries