This Employment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about employment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Disability attorney says Walmart's firing of Down syndrome woman is part of a pattern
The filing is the latest development in a legal battle between Walmart and the U.S. Equal Employment
CNBC. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Fired for refusing the vaccine? Don't expect unemployment aid
Unemployment benefits are designed for workers who are separated from companies through no fault of their own.
CBS News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Italy: Protests erupt over COVID regulations
Protests erupted in Italy as one of the most stringent anti-coronavirus measures in Europe went into effect Friday, requiring all workers, from magistrates to maids, to show a health pass to get into their place of employment
Fox News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Illinois unemployment: Why did 4.3 million Americans quit their jobs in August?
Government data shows 4.3 million people quit their jobs in August, the highest number reported since it started tracking that number in 2000.
ABC News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Jobless claims fall below 300,000 for the first time since the pandemic began
Initial claims for unemployment insurance for the week ended Oct. 9 were expected to total 318,000.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Unemployment claims fall to lowest level of pandemic
WASHINGTON — The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since the pandemic began, a sign the job market is still improving even as hiring has slowed in the past two months. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Croupier takes legal action against Mayfair casino, alleging racial discrimination
Central London Employment
Tribunal heard that Mrs Tesfagiorgis complained to management in December 2019 after a patron allegedly asked for a 'fair-skinned dealer'.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- What Will The Post-Unemployment Workforce Look Like
Despite the large number job openings and millions of unemployed Americans, there is still a labor shortage. Here's whats to come.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Amazon drivers could be entitled to millions under employee rights claim, says law firm
A law firm has launched a claim on behalf of Amazon delivery drivers over their employment
rights that it says could result in millions of pounds in compensation.
Sky News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Job vacancies hit ANOTHER record high of 1.2m amid shortages
The number of posts available spiked again despite unemployment continuing to fall - down 0.4 per cent in the latest quarter to August.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Column: Unemployment benefits weren't keeping workers home. The latest crummy jobs report proves it
Unemployment benefits didn't keep Americans from returning to the workforce, since they're still not clamoring for lousy jobs even after those payments have expired.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Employment rate in Scotland continues to rise
However, the rate of 74.3% is still 1.1 percentage points lower than pre-pandemic levels.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Economic recovery struggles under labor shortage
The economy added 300,000 fewer jobs last month than anticipated, and while the unemployment rate fell below five percent, there were fewer job seekers, leading some companies to offer higher starting salaries and signing bonuses. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- September 2021 Jobs Report Shows Gain of Just 194,000 as Delta Persisted
The gain of 194,000 in September showed the continuing grip of the latest coronavirus wave, though unemployment fell to 4.8 percent.
New York Times. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Mindset Matters: Why Supporting Disability Employment Is Imperative To Solve The Puzzle Of The Great Resignation
This column focuses on how National Disability Employment
Awareness Month (NDEAM) offers a potential solution to the Great Resignation and provides a new way of thinking around the culture of talent management.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries