This Employment news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about employment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pennsylvania's April jobs report sets more records
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Pennsylvania's April jobs report broke more new ground, as the unemployment rate hit a record low and payrolls hit a record high for a third straight month. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- America Is In Full Employment, So Why Aren't We Celebrating?
U.S. unemployment is at a nearly 50-year low. The jobless rate for Hispanics has never been lower. The past two years have been the best job market ever for African Americans. Shouldn't we be excited?
NPR. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- New Mexico unemployment rate declines in April from March
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined in April, dipping to 5% from 5.1% in March. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- House passes Equality Act to expand protections of LGBT people
The legislation would extend protections to employment, housing, loan applications, education, public accommodations and other areas
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Three states, including two big ones for the 2020 election, just set new lows for unemployment
Vermont's 2.2%, Pennsylvania's 3.8% and Wisconsin's 2.8% set new lows for state unemployment rates.
CNBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- This job currently has the hottest demand across the UK, recruiter says
The U.K. unemployment rate is currently at levels not seen since 1974.
CNBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Trump Immigration Plan May Throw 4 Million People Off Immigrant Waiting Lists
An administration proposal would eliminate the applications of 4 million people waiting in family and employment-based green card backlogs.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Potential Good News For Franchisors - Clarification Of The FLSA's Joint Employer Standard
Department of Labor Seeks to Clarify FLSA Joint-Employment Standard.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- 5 Top Retailer Earnings Charts
With unemployment at new lows, is the consumer still feeling bullish?
Zacks. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Female unemployment rate lowest since 1971
The female unemployment rate of 3.7% in the first quarter is the lowest since records began, the ONS said.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Unemployment rate falls to 44-year low of 3.8%
UK unemployment fell to 3.8% in the first three months of the year, its lowest level since the end of 1974, official figures show.
Sky News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Workers 'scarred' by financial crisis a decade later
Graduates who started work in the middle of the financial crisis face higher unemployment, lower pay and worse job prospects compared to others, a study has found.
Sky News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- South Africa's President Ramaphosa, ANC Hold On To Power In National Elections
President Cyril Ramaphosa will argue he's got a mandate to unify the country and struggling economy. South Africa's stagnant unemployment rate is hovering at 27%.
NPR. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Securing the U.S. middle class may depend on college. Does a degree still pay off?
Even at the worst of the 2007 to 2009 recession the unemployment rate for college degree holders barely reached 5 percent, half of what the less educated faced and proof of the value of higher education.
Reuters. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Canada's economy adds 106,500 jobs, most in a month since 1976
Canada's labour market delivered a surprise Friday with its biggest one-month employment surge since 1976, when the government started collecting comparable data. The economy added 106,500 jobs in April, Statistics Canada reports.
CBC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
Employment opportunities listed in a newspaper
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries