This Emergency news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about emergency and emergencies news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pilot makes emergency landing on Georgia highway
A pilot in Georgia made an emergency
landing in front of a Publix supermarket after encountering plane trouble, police say.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington recovering after emergency heart procedure: reports
The last active original member of the classic Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd was recovering Saturday night after recently undergoing an emergency
heart procedure, according to the band.
Fox News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Michigan Republicans STRIP Whitmer of COVID-19 emergency powers
Republican lawmakers in Michigan on Wednesday killed a law that underpinned coronavirus restrictions issued by Governor Gretchen Whitmer in 2020.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Six people taken to hospital after funfair incident
services were called to the scene after a 999 call was made on Saturday evening.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- State Department suspends online passport appointment system
The State Department temporarily shut down its emergency
appointment booking site for passports, saying scammers were booking and selling the appointments for high prices. ...
CBS News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Divers search Loch Lomond for missing person
response was launched near Balloch Country Park after reports of a person in the water.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Police 'did not share vital information with other emergency services after Manchester Arena attack'
Assistant Chief Constable Sean O'Callaghan told an inquiry a declaration of a major incident was not passed on to other services in Manchester following the bombing of the Ariana Grande concert.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Italy Extends Its COVID-19 State of Emergency to Dec. 31
In Italy, Green Pass becomes essential for many activities.
Voice of America. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Self-isolation exemption for food supply chain staff won't be extended to other businesses - minister
measures to exempt food supply chain workers from coronavirus self-isolation rules will not be extended to other businesses, the environment secretary has told Sky News.
Sky News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Klobuchar takes aim at online COVID lies with Section 230 bill
Klobuchar's bill would void liability protection for health-related internet content if the HHS secretary has declared a public health emergency
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- 30 Minutes: Fighting to Save a Life on the Streets of New York
A man from France dropped to the city pavement, one of more than 3,000 emergencies
on this day alone. A young police officer rushed to help.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Federal Judge Blocks Ban on Nearly All Abortions in Arkansas
The law would have banned the procedure except to save the life of a pregnant woman in a medical emergency
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Fintech OppFi goes public as CEO looks to alleviate America's emergency savings drought
Shares of OppFi rose in its market debut Wednesday after the company completed its SPAC merger.
CNBC. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- 18-Year-Old Pilot Forced To Land Plane On New Jersey Bridge After Experiencing Engine Trouble
landing made by teenage pilot on a NJ bridge.
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Bipartisan senators unveil bill to bolster Congress' war powers
The bill seeks to reclaim Congress' power over three areas: war powers, arms exports and national emergencies
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries