This Emergency news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about emergency and emergencies news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Scientists warn UK Government to prepare for 'visible resistance' to future lockdowns
Papers published today from the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies
show behavioural experts have warned trying to bring back lockdowns 'might evoke various responses'.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Utah Governor Declares State of Emergency After Protests Over Police Shooting
Protests erupted after the district attorney in Salt Lake City said there would be no charges against the officers involved in the May shooting of Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- WHO says it's 'very unlikely' countries can eradicate the coronavirus right now
"In our current situation, it is very unlikely that we can eradicate or eliminate this virus," said Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO's health emergencies
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Racing board says Los Alamitos must come up with plan to address horse deaths
meeting, the California Horse Racing Board determined Los Alamitos Race Course must address its increase in horse deaths within 10 days.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- 4 Flight Attendants Evaluated At BWI After Spirit Airlines Flight Reports Medical Emergency
Four flight attendants were evaluated at Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshal Airport Friday morning after a Spirit Airlines flight reported a medical emergency
. Katie Johnston reports.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Investigators release 911 call made after "Glee" actress' son was found on boat
is: We have a missing person."
CBS News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus live updates: Italy to extend state of emergency; Nevada rolls back reopen for bars
The coronavirus has infected more than 12.29 million people around the world as of Friday, killing at least 555,486 people.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Cintas' (CTAS) First Aid & Safety Segment Launches ZOLL AED 3
Cintas (CTAS) is likely to gain from solid product offerings and innovation abilities. It recently launches ZOLL AED 3, enabling rescuers to quickly provide effective treatment to cardiac emergencies
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Family demands justice after healthy Black mother dies during emergency C-section
At age 26, Sha-Asia Washington appeared to be the picture of health in the final stages of her pregnancy.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Robert de Niro says the pandemic means he is 'going to be lucky if he makes $7.5 million this year'
Robert De Niro's estranged wife Grace Hightower called an emergency
hearing after the actor halved her monthly allowance to $50,000, citing loss of income due to COVID.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Rescuers search Loch Ness after man falls in near Dores Bay
services rescued one man but a second man is still missing after falling into water near Dores Bay.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Former Glee star presumed dead - and police say body may never be found
Former Glee star Naya Rivera is presumed dead after emergency
teams said the effort to find her has now been classed as a "search and recovery operation".
Sky News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Border apprehensions rose in June, despite expulsions policy
Border officials have carried out more than 70,000 expulsions of migrants under an emergency
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Bio-Rad (BIO) Banks on Coronavirus PCR Tests Amid Cost Woes
Bio-Rad (BIO) rides on the FDA's emergency
use authorization EUA for the Droplet Digital PCR COVID-19 test kit.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- As COVID-19 patients fill beds, many hospitals choose not to cancel nonemergency surgeries
Unlike earlier in the year, most hospitals are not proactively canceling elective surgeries, even in some places seeing spikes in coronavirus patients.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries