This Emergency news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about emergency and emergencies news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Children Damaging Their Eyes With Hand Sanitizer Is Becoming A Real Problem, Studies Show
'In an emergency, any clean liquid can be used to irrigate the eye'
Daily Caller. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Central African Republic declares emergency as rebels surround Bangui
Central African Republic, two-thirds controlled by rebels, is "at grave risk" the UN envoy says.
BBC News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Mark Wright pays tribute to tragic former TOWIE star Mick Norcross
The Sugar Hut owner and reality star, who rose to fame as the man behind the nightclub on the hit ITV2 series, was discovered at his Bulphan by emergency
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Stopping the Virus, The Economic Emergency, A Populist Movement
Scientists rush to develop a novel coronavirus vaccine; Then, Fed official uncertain how economy will fare during the coronavirus crisis; And, why Hungary is paying its citizens to start families
CBS News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Storm Christoph sees rivers in Manchester and Wales reach highest levels ever
Boris Johnson flew into a flood-hit area of Greater Manchester in an RAF helicopter after emergency
services worked through the night in North Wales to protect a factory involved in making a Covid vaccine.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- COVID-19 infection in immunodeficient patient cured by infusing convalescent plasma, doctors report
Under FDA emergency-use authorization, doctors successfully resolved COVID-19 in a seriously ill, immunodeficient woman using a very high-neutralizing antibody-titer convalescent plasma from a recovered COVID-19 patient. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Man killed by fallen mast on Annan building site
services were called but the 52-year-old died at the scene of the accident in Annan.
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Military helicopter crashes in upstate New York
crews were responding to a military helicopter crash Wednesday evening in upstate New York, according to reports.
Fox News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Madrid Explosion Leaves at Least 2 Dead
The blast that destroyed several floors of a building in the Spanish capital appeared to be the result of a gas leak, officials said. Emergency
workers said that rescues were underway.
New York Times. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- PM to chair emergency COBRA meeting over 'volatile' Storm Christoph flooding threat
Boris Johnson has told MPs he will chair a meeting of the COBRA emergency
committee in response to Storm Christoph.
Sky News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Dallas County Rescinds COVID-19 Vaccine ZIP Code Plan After State Threatens to Pull Doses
Dallas County Commissioners voted during an emergency
meeting on Wednesday to rescind the county's plan to prioritize vaccine availability by ZIP code.
NBC. Wednesday, Jan 20 2021.
- After Homeland Security nominee's hearing, Hawley slows down process
As Homeland Security secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas would oversee immigration as well as counter-terrorism, emergency
management and cybersecurity.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- 'Public health emergency unfolding' in prisons as COVID cases soar
The new coronavirus strain and a rapidly rising number of infections in prisons across England and Wales is a "public health emergency
unfolding before our eyes," the shadow justice secretary has warned.
Sky News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- California cremation limits suspended due to backlog of bodies
More than 2,700 bodies are stored at both hospitals and the coroner's office, according to the emergency
CBS News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Cargo Ship Sinks Near Turkey, Leaving at Least 3 Dead, Officials Say
workers saved half the 12-member crew after the vessel sank off the Black Sea coast, state media said, but bad weather hindered further rescue efforts.
New York Times. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries