This Emergency news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about emergency and emergencies news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- U.S. orders families of embassy staff to leave Ukraine
State Department also allowing non-emergency personnel to leave Kyiv amid Russia's military buildup on the borders, but Ukraine and some other U.S. allies say it's "premature."
CBS News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- School Closings: Chicago Area Complete List
Find out if your school, business or daycare center is closed because of a weather emergency
ABC News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Four people rescued by emergency services after getting stuck in a cave in Kent
Four people were rescued by the coastguard and fire service after getting trapped in a cave in Kent.
Sky News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- For L.A. 'battlefield hospital,' latest COVID surge comes with a familiar rhythm
Officials say the Omicron variant has flooded the emergency
room at Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, ground zero for hospitals besieged by a winter surge, with people who are not as sick.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Woman who doctor's told should 'lose weight' is rushed to hospital with a melon sized tumour
Hannah Catton, 24 who lives in Melbourne, is undergoing chemotherapy after having emergency
surgery to treat ovarian cancer. Doctors had initially said her symptoms were stress-related.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Fury as LTNs blamed for delays to more than 3,000 fire engines out on emergency calls in London
Analysis of data from London Fire Brigade showed firefighters had slowed response times 3,035 times last year and a fifth of fire engine delays happened because of traffic calming measures.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- New Research Shows How Health Risks to Children Mount as Temperatures Rise
The first nationwide study on rising temperatures and younger Americans found that hotter days were associated with more visits to emergency
New York Times. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Tsunami Causes Massive Oil Spill On Coast Of Country
'Environmental state of emergency'
Daily Caller. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- GOP and Democratic governors reinstate Covid emergency orders to combat omicron surge
Officials from Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Kansas and California have all announced new or renewed Covid emergency
orders since the start of the month.
CNBC. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Moldova Introduces State Of Emergency Amid Russian Gas Crisis
Moldova's lawmakers have approved a 60-day state of emergency
in the energy sector amid the country's difficulties with gas payments to Russia's state-controlled Gazprom.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- UNICEF Mobilizes Emergency Response After Underwater Volcanic Eruption Plunges Tonga Into Crisis
UNICEF is working with partners to rush emergency
supplies to children and families in the island nation.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Homeless man charged in killing of Los Angeles ER nurse
A homeless man was charged Tuesday in the killing of a Los Angeles emergency
room nurse who was attacked last week near the city's Union Station.
Fox News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- We have a chance to end Covid emergency in 2022, WHO official says
Covid-19 will never be eradicated, but society has a chance to end the public health emergency
this year, a senior WHO official has said.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Terrifying video, 911 calls released three years after Borderline mass shooting
After court battles with the Los Angeles Times, Ventura County officials released more than 90 emergency
calls and a dozen body-camera and security videos from the deadly attack.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Resources for blood donation
The Red Cross has declared a blood emergency
due to a historically low supply, partially because of the pandemic.
CBS News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries