This Electronic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about electronics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WeChat Ban May Cut A Vital Lifeline To Chinese Factories For U.S. Electronics Brands
In the electronics
manufacturing world, WeChat is an essential communication service.
Forbes. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- California underreporting coronavirus cases due to technical issues: report
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) on Tuesday announced an underreporting of coronavirus cases due to issues with an electronic
laboratory reporting system.
Fox News. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- How thoughts could one day control electronic prostheses, wirelessly
The current generation of neural implants record enormous amounts of neural activity, then transmit these brain signals through wires to a computer. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Arrow Electronics (ARW) Moves to Buy: Rationale Behind the Upgrade
(ARW) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Sony's profit up as people staying home play video games
TOKYO (AP) - Japanese electronics
and entertainment company Sony Corp. said Tuesday that its April-June profit jumped 53% as its video game and other online businesses thrived with people staying home due to the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Samsung To Close Its Last Computer Plant In China As Shipments Drop
will stop making computers in China by the end of this month as the tech giant seeks to improve the efficiency of its supply chain amid rising geopolitical tensions.
Forbes. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Is STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) Outperforming Other Computer and Technology Stocks This Year?
Is (STM) Outperforming Other Computer and Technology Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- 'Drawn-on-skin' electronics offer breakthrough in wearable monitors
Researchers have reported a new form of electronics
known as 'drawn-on-skin electronics,' allowing multifunctional sensors and circuits to be drawn on the skin with an ink pen.
Science Daily. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- US, Australia Seek New Military Cooperation in Face of China
Australian Defense Minister Linda Reynolds said the two countries will build ties across a slew of defense areas including hypersonic, electronic
and space-based warfare.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Whitey Bulger's girlfriend freed after nine-year prison sentence
Federal agents removed Catherine Greig's electronic
monitoring bracelet in Boston on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- The least reliable used cars and models in 2020 revealed
Luxurious SUVs, like the ones pictured, tend to be jammed full of electronics
and have complicated and expensive suspension systems. And when these things go wrong, they result in hefty garage bills.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Best Buy sales get an online boost, sending shares higher
Best Buy said its quarter-to-date sales rose about 2.5%, driven by a surge in online shopping for electronic
devices and appliances.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 Jul 2020.
- FDA calls for removal of disposable Puff Bar e-cigarettes, type of fruity vape
U.S. health officials are cracking down on fruity disposable electronic
cigarettes popular with teenagers, saying the companies never received permission to sell them in the U.S.
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- OnePlus Nord vs Oppo Find X2 Neo: Specs compared
OnePlus and Oppo are two very closely linked companies. The two are part of the same BKK electronics
family, and that means - while they run separately
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- Madden to remove Washington's nickname, logo
Game developer Electronic
Arts will alter the upcoming release of Madden NFL 21 to remove logos and the team name of the Washington Redskins after the team this week announced forthcoming changes, an EA representative confirmed to ESPN.
ESPN. Friday, 17 Jul 2020.
Electronic Equipment & Supplies News Headlines and News Summaries