This Electronic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about electronics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Emma Electronic Navigator Review
A double delay opens up oodles of texture possibilities.
Premier Guitar. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Nokia 7.2 accidentally revealed, confirming circular rear camera design
Nokia is expected to reveal a few handsets at consumer electronics
show IFA in Berlin in September, including the Nokia 7.2, but until now, we'd only really
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- New way to make micro-sensors may revolutionize future of electronics
Researchers have found a way to improve the performance of tiny sensors that could have wide-reaching implications for electronic
devices we use every day.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Qualcomm Inks New Global Patent License Agreement With LGE
Qualcomm's (QCOM) new five-year, royalty-bearing agreement with LG Electronics
includes 3G, 4G and 5G single and multimode devices.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- A Sexual Harassment Case Escapes From Behind The Federal Paywall
The Free Law Project provides free public access to electronic
court filings that are kept behind a paywall by the federal judiciary.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Cigarettes Can't Be Advertised On TV. Should Juul Ads Be Permitted?
Though tobacco ads have been banned from TV for about 50 years, the marketing of electronic
cigarettes isn't constrained by the law. Public health advocates consider that a loophole that hurts kids.
NPR. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Proposed laws could change how consumers get smartphones repaired
Twenty states are considering so-called "Right to Repair" bills to allow electronics
to be fixed without jeopardizing quality or voiding warranties
CBS News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Electronic Arts Boosts Gaming Lineup With Need for Speed Heat
Arts (EA) is expected to benefit from portfolio strength, with the upcoming launch of Need for Speed Heat, despite intensifying competition.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Heat shield just 10 atoms thick to protect electronic devices
Atomically thin materials could create heat-shields for cell phones or laptops that would protect people and temperature-sensitive components and make future electronic
gadgets even more compact.
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- USCIS May Court Disaster With Untested H-1B Visa Registration System
Business and education groups warn a new USCIS electronic
registration system for H-1B petitions could be a disaster.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Washington hospital refuses to pay $1 million ransomware demand
Grays Harbor Community Hospital in Aberdeen, Wash., and its subsidiary Harbor Medical Group are recovering from a ransomware attack that encrypted files across its network, including electronic
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Apple spikes after Trump administration delays China tariffs on electronics until December
The delay on the tariffs until Dec. 15 eases concerns about the Christmas shopping season.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Half-million dollars worth of jewelry and electronics was 'stolen from A-Rod's car'
An estimated half-million dollars worth of jewelry and electronics
was reportedly stolen from Alex 'A-Rod' Rodriguez's rental car while he was in San Francisco on Sunday.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Samsung launches the 108-megapixel image sensor as it seeks to turn around its fortunes in China
Samsung's new image sensor will be featured first in an upcoming phone by Chinese consumer electronics
firm Xiaomi, as the South Korean electronics
giant looks to build up a customer base in China again.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Electronic tongue puts fiery foods to the test
Human taste buds tire very quickly, but the machine can maintain accuracy regardless of the heat.
BBC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
Electronic Equipment & Supplies News Headlines and News Summaries