This Electronic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about electronics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The new tattoo: Drawing electronics on skin
One day, people could monitor their own health conditions by simply picking up a pencil and drawing a bioelectronic device on their skin. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- New materials for extra thin computer chips
In order to create more compact electronic
devices, new materials are being used - especially 2D-materials, which only consist of a single atomic layer. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI) in Focus: Stock Moves 6.3% Higher
Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI) saw a big move last session, as its shares jumped more than 6% on the day, amid huge volumes.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Stratospheric Balloons Will Rain Tiny Electronic Spies From The Sky
A U.S. Army project will use high-altitude balloons to shower tiny electronic
sensors into inaccessible areas to gather information and locate targets.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Dull Outlook for Electronics Miscellaneous Components Stocks
Dull Outlook for Electronics
Miscellaneous Components Stocks
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Humans generated record-breaking amount of electronic waste in 2019
Humans generated a staggering amount of electronic
waste in 2019 -- 53.6 million metric tons, which is a 21 percent increase from 2014.
Fox News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- 52.7 MILLION tons of e-waste was produced in 2019, UN says
waste, also known as e-waste, consists of discarded phones, printers, TVs, electric toothbrushes and many other electronic
goods no longer in use.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Smart glove translates sign language into speech in seconds
The hi-tech glove sends electronic
signals generated from different movements of the fingers to a circuit board, which are then transmitted wirelessly to a smartphone.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Reducing The Ubiquity Of Credit Cards Makes Little Sense
The marked increase in the use of electronic
payments has served to reduce tax evasion and black market activity. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- EA's 7 upcoming Nintendo Switch games revealed
During its EA Play Live event, Electronic
Arts revealed that it was double down on Nintendo Switch and committed to released more games on the platform
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Some Lakers were using Oura rings before COVID-19. Will more players wear them?
The NBA is planning to make electronic
health sensors made by Oura available for players living in the Orlando bubble, but will the players wear them?
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- What is EA's Dual Entitlement and how will it save you money on games?
During its June EA Play Live event, Electronic
Arts revealed that certain games in its late 2020 line-up will come with "Dual Entitlement", but what does
Pocket Lint. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- 2020 US Open plan: Fewer line judges, ball people, events
line-calling will be used instead of line judges for U.S. Open matches at all courts except the two largest arenas, while singles qualifying and mixed doubles, junior and wheelchair competition are being eliminated entirely.
Fox News. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Unhappy Meals For Some After McDonald's In Ukraine Says 'Nyet' To Russian Language On Kiosks
A move by McDonald's in Ukraine to say "nyet" to the Russian language on its electronic
kiosks has left a bad taste in the mouths of some of its customers.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- AT&T seeks sale for Warner gaming unit, could fetch about $4 billion, sources say
AT&T is discussing selling its Warner Bros. gaming unit with Take-Two Interactive, Electronic
Arts and Activision Blizzard in a deal that could net the wireless giant about $4 billion, according to sources familiar with the matter.
CNBC. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
Electronic Equipment & Supplies News Headlines and News Summaries