This Electronic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about electronics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Electronic Arts
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Electronic
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Millionaire New Zealand investor Ron Brierley, 84, jailed in Australia over 40,000 child porn images
A disgraced former corporate high-flyer has been sentenced to 14 months jail after he was stopped at Sydney airport with thousands of child abuse images on an electronic
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- OSI Systems (OSIS) Rides on Solid Portfolio & Order Wins
OSI Systems (OSIS) is benefiting from continuing order wins driven by its robust portfolio of security, healthcare, and Optoelectronics and Manufacturing division solutions.
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Waste electronics will weigh more than the Great Wall of China
Discarded waste like mobile phones and TVs in 2021 could weigh more than 57 million tonnes.
BBC News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Messages from patients asking doctors for medical advice DOUBLED during the pandemic
messages from patients requesting medical advice from their doctors doubled during the COVID-19 pandemic for three different medical specialties, research from Yale University finds.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Best Buy dangles hard-to-find holiday items as key perk as it launches new membership program
The consumer electronics
retailer is launching the program, Totaltech, nationwide after testing it at select stores.
CNBC. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Man Who Faked Suicide to Avoid Covid-19 Fraud Charges Is Sentenced
Prosecutors said David A. Staveley, who cut off his electronic
monitoring bracelet and left suicide notes with friends and relatives, was sentenced to 56 months in prison.
New York Times. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- EA Sports to consider renaming FIFA gaming series as it reviews rights agreement
Arts, the video game company which makes the FIFA series, is considering renaming its flagship football game.
Sky News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Amazon rolls out early Black Friday deals to jump-start holiday shopping
Amazon said it's offering "deep discounts across every category," including fashion, electronics, home goods and toys.
CNBC. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- DrOwl Electronic Health Records App Give Patients Total Access
According to CEO Arvind Raichur, DrOwl leverages recent legislation which requires healthcare providers to provide access to medical records by patients.
Forbes. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- Cook County electronic monitoring program, used widely, slammed in new report
There are more than three thousand people charged with crimes right now wearing ankle bracelets in Cook County so authorities can keep track of them; a more than 30-percent spike in electronic
monitoring here the last year and a half.
ABC News. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- 'It will harm consumers': Apple opposes EU plan for all mobile phones to have universal charger
Apple has hit back at the European Union's plans to make all mobile phones have the same charger in a bid to crackdown on electronic
Sky News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Cabaret Voltaire electronic music pioneer Richard H Kirk dies
The Sheffield band were a big influence on a generation of pop, house, techno and art-rock artists.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Saturday Sessions: Sylvan Esso performs "Rooftop Dancing"
Singer Amelia Meath and producer Nick Sanborn formed the electronic-pop duo Sylvan Esso in Durham, North Carolina, in 2013. A year later they hit the Billboard album charts with their debut album. ...
CBS News. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- Soaring Demand From Automakers Makes Thai Electronics Magnate A Billionaire
Bancha Ongkosit, founder and chairman of KCE Electronics, has an estimated net worth of just over $1 billion after shares of his printed circuit boards manufacturing company jumped more than 530%.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
Electronic Equipment & Supplies News Headlines and News Summaries