This Electronic Commerce news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about electronic commerce and e-commerce news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Anime Distributor Turns To Merchandise And E-Commerce Amid Pandemic For Growth
Medialink Group connects anime producers in Japan with consumers in mainland China.
Forbes. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Hibbett Surges on Store Reopening Plans & Solid E-Commerce
Improved trends after reopening stores and solid e-commerce
performance keep Hibbett (HIBB) well placed to combat the COVID-19-related hurdles.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus Wave: Diverts From Retail Shops, Drums Up Online Sales
With a rapid paradigm shift in consumer shopping pattern, U.S. retail sales are expected to take a beating this year. However, e-commerce
is likely to come up trumps amid the pandemic woes.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Alibaba Is Still a High-Conviction E-commerce Holding
If you've restricted yourself to domestic stocks, then you could be missing out on the virtually unstoppable growth of a massive and successful Chinese company. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- U.S. may need another 1 billion square feet of warehouse space by 2025 as e-commerce booms
With online sales proliferating during the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. is going to need more warehouses to store hoards of boxes and handle those orders.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- A Live Streaming Challenger For Amazon, Facebook: Popshop Live Gives Small Stores A Lifeline
A Los Angeles-based startup is bringing the live-streaming, e-commerce
experience that is a billion dollar business in China to U.S. retailers.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Constellation Brands buys wine delivery startup
Seventy-five year old booze company is bet on e-commerce
with its purchase of an online-only wine seller.
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Constellation Brands acquires Gary Vaynerchuk's Empathy Wines
The acquisition comes at a time when many states are slowing or reversing their reopening plans as coronavirus cases climb. Restrictions on bars and indoor dining may be extended as a result, providing a boon for alcohol e-commerce
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- COVID-19 delivery surge strains FedEx service, opening doors for UPS
A months-long flood of coronavirus-related e-commerce
packages is straining service FedEx Corp, giving rival United Parcel Service Inc an opportunity to steal market share, customers and consultants told Reuters. While every U.S. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- MIDAS SHARE TIPS: Warehouses can mean big profit
E-commerce has been a beneficiary of lockdown and warehouse space is an essential cog in the online wheel.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Job listings suggest Amazon may add LIVE TV to Prime Video
According to a report from Protocol, a source at the e-commerce
giant says it has been 'actively pursuing' deals to license live TV and other 'linear programming' that would run 24/7.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Parcel firm DPD to create 6,000 jobs as e-commerce booms
Parcel delivery firm DPD says it will create 6,000 jobs in the UK in response to the "unprecedented boom" in online shopping brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sky News. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Special delivery: activists urge France to rein in Amazon
Environmental campaigners delivered a 12-foot (3.6-metre) tall mock-up of an Amazon parcel to the French finance ministry on Wednesday to demand that the government rein in the e-commerce
giant's expansion in France.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Bookstores Are Struggling. Is a New E-Commerce Site the Answer?
The rapid rise of Bookshop.org during the shutdown has been hailed as a boon for independent stores. But some booksellers worry it could become another competitor for online business.
New York Times. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Carrefour, Google to launch voice grocery shopping service in France
Carrefour and Google said on Tuesday they were launching a voice-based grocery shopping service in France as part of the French retailer's ambition to accelerate its expansion into food e-commerce
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
E-Commerce Providers News Headlines and News Summaries