This Electronic Commerce news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about electronic commerce and e-commerce news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Gopuff launches line of private label products, starting with bottled water
The private label industry was a $159 billion market in 2020 and has attracted the likes of traditional and e-commerce
retailers like Target and Amazon.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- General Motors (GM) to Boost Foothold in EV and E-Commerce Space
General Motors (GM) is launching an online parts marketplace, advancing its e-commerce
capabilities. Meanwhile, GM partners with Blink Charging for the deployment of EV Chargers in North America.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Ford (F) Inks 5-Year Deal With Stripe to Boost Digital Commerce
To scale digitalized payment and enhance its e-commerce, Ford (F) signs a 5-year deal with Stripe as part of Ford+ restructuring program.
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Shopify steps up China expansion through tie-up with e-commerce giant JD.com
The tie-up marks a significant step up in China expansion for Shopify and is another step in JD's internationalization efforts.
CNBC. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- 'It's ugly out there': Rail thefts leave tracks littered with pilfered packages
Thieves pilfering railroad cars is a crime that harks back to the days of horseback-riding bandits, but is fueled by a host of modern realities including homeless encampments and e-commerce
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Photos: Robbing trains no longer exclusive to western movies as tracks near DTLA littered with pilfered e-commerce.
Union Pacific has reported an alarming 160% increase since December 2020 in thefts along railroad tracks in L.A. County.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- As E-commerce Booms, It's Time to Learn Web Development
Entrepreneurs should be looking to the web to grow their businesses.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Holiday E-Commerce Hits Record High, Despite 6 Billion Out-Of Stock Messages, Adobe Reports
The latest online sales figures from Adobe Analytics demonstrate that the pandemic created a net new consumer base of online shoppers.
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Limited Business Experience? 10 Tips To Build A Successful E-Commerce Site
Like any business, creating an e-commerce
site isn't as easy as paying for a domain and letting the website sit.
Forbes. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Is Amazon The Top Stock In 2022?
Despite the stock of Amazon Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN) having a lukewarm 2021, next year could see the shares of the e-commerce
giant come back to new heights. The company has ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
- Holiday Retail Sales Soared, With E-Commerce Notching Huge Gains
Mastercard SpendingPulse data showed an 8.5 percent jump in total sales, with online ordering up 11 percent from last year.
New York Times. Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
- Alibaba fires employee who accused boss of rape
The Chinese e-commerce
firm has fired the woman, who went public with accusations in August.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Dec 2021.
- Amazon Is Fined $1.3 Billion by Italy's Antitrust Regulators
In an investigation into how the e-commerce
giant gains an advantage over competitors, regulators said third-party vendors paying for Fulfillment by Amazon received special perks.
New York Times. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- Amazon services down for thousands of users
Customers of the e-commerce
giant report problems with shopping services, Prime Video and Alexa.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Dec 2021.
- Black Friday seemed almost normal in 2021, with sales increasing nearly 30% from a year ago
E-commerce sales grew 10.6% from last year, while in-store sales increased 42.9%.
ABC News. Saturday, 27 Nov 2021.
E-Commerce Providers News Headlines and News Summaries