This Electricity news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about electricity and electric news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- As Trump Dismisses Renewables, Energy Sector Doubles Down
President Trump's comments about the poor economics of renewable energy in the last presidential debate fly in the face of current investment and acquisition activity in the US electric
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- 1 million Californians set to lose power as power company fears gusty winds could snap branches
Pacific Gas and Electric
may cut power to more than 1 million people in Northern and Central California on Sunday from 10am for as long as 24 hours as strong winds increase the risk of wildfire
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- How much switching to an electric vehicle could really save you
Buying an EV can be daunting, but a new report shows how worthwhile the investment can be.
Yahoo. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- PG&E to Cut Power to More Than 1 Million People in California
Pacific Gas & Electric
says move will prevent the chance of sparking wildfires as extreme fire weather returns to the region.
Voice of America. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- GM sells out first year of production of its electric Hummer
The next version of the truck, the $100,000 Hummer EV 3X, isn't scheduled to begin production until the fall of 2022.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Stanley Black & Decker, Franklin Electric, IDEX, John Bean and Regal Beloit
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Stanley Black & Decker, Franklin Electric, IDEX, John Bean and Regal Beloit
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Earnings Preview: nVent Electric (NVT) Q3 Earnings Expected to Decline
NVent (NVT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- 3-door electric Fiat 500 is forbidden fruit for US buyers
The Fiat 500 Electric
3+1 has three passenger doors to make it easier to get into the back seat of the micro-compact car. Unfortunately for American fans, it won't be sold in the USA.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Charging electric cars up to 90% in 6 minutes
POSTECH Professor Byoungwoo Kang's research team uncovers a new Li-ion battery electrode material that can achieve high-energy density and high power capability per volume without reducing particle size.
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Electric goods 'should have repairability rating'
The government is urged to label devices like phones, laptops and washing machines to cut waste.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Collaboration sparks new model for ceramic conductivity
As insulators, metal oxides - also known as ceramics - may not seem like obvious candidates for electrical conductivity. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- The GMC Hummer EV is huge: Here's how it measures up
The GMC Hummer EV is so wide that it needs special safety lights. Here's how big the new electric
pickup really is.
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Why Tesla's 20-million electric vehicle goal could next take Elon Musk to India
As Tesla ramps electric
vehicle production in China and constructs a new auto factory in Germany, Elon Musk envisions 20-million EVs from the company. Getting there could mean going to India next.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Snakes see and hunt in the dark thanks to a nose which turns heat from prey into a 'thermal image'
Researchers from the University of Houston believe tissues in the pit organ turn heat into electrical signals.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- An Electric Car With Swedish Roots, and a Rebellious Streak
The Polestar 2 inherits some classic Scandinavian design elements from its Volvo lineage, but aims to be a little more free spirited.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
Electric Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries