This Diving news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about diving news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boy dies after friend jumping from diving board lands on him at Pennsylvania pool, police say
Police said a group of youngsters horsing around while pool hopping proved fatal for one early Wednesday morning.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Goldman says buy dividend stocks amid diving yields
Goldman notes that high-dividend payers are trading at their largest valuation discount in nearly 40 years.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Philippines Lake has crystal clear water shown off by tourist who films himself floating near cliffs
German tourist Tomson Sage filmed himself floating through the clear waters of Barracuda Lake on Coron Island. It's one the Philippines' most famous diving
sites due to the extended visibility.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Air and Water Show 2019: Cheryl Scott jumps with US Army Golden Knights
Meteorologist Cheryl Scott had the chance to go skydiving with the U.S. Army Golden Knights ahead of their 2019 Chicago Air and Water Show performance.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Were Neanderthals Getting Surfer's Ear From Diving for Seafood?
The bony growths appear after repeated exposure to cold water and were found on half of the Neanderthal skulls examined
Smithsonian. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Former army parachutist, 81, who had completed more than 2,500 jumps dies after his parachute fails
An 81-year-old man from Minnesota man died during a skydiving attempt in Montana. Gerald F. Fischer's parachute suffered a 'hard opening' and rendering him unable to control his descent.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Ukrainian boy breaks Daley diving record
sensation Oleksii Sereda becomes the sport's youngest-ever European champion after winning 10m platform gold in Kiev aged 13.
BBC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Florida man says he's lucky to be alive after apparent shark attack
A Florida man hurt his left arm in an apparent shark attack while scuba diving
Fox News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Senate Republicans working on bipartisan gun background check bills
Congress showed a newfound appetite for diving
into the gun debate Monday, with key Republicans saying they're working on bills they think can win bipartisan support and make a dent in what all sides now see as an epidemic of violence. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Red Sea Diving Resort: The holiday village run by spies
An idyllic holiday resort on the banks of the Red Sea was a base for Israeli spies with a secret mission.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- The best GoPro photos in the world, prepare to lose your breath
From surfing and skydiving to animal close-ups and stunning scenery, this gallery has some breathtaking images that we only get to see thanks to the GoPro.
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Tom Brady faces backlash for cliff diving with daughter
Even The Rock weighed in on the controversy
CBS News. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Woman, 63, dies in skydiving incident in eastern Ontario: police
Provincial police say a woman has died after a skydiving incident in eastern Ontario. Investigators say they were called to the scene of the incident near Gananoque, Ont., on Saturday afternoon. ...
CBC News. Saturday, 20 Jul 2019.
- Canada's Abel, Imbeau-Dulac team up for 3m synchro diving silver
Canada's Jennifer Abel and Francois Imbeau-Dulac combined to win 3m synchro diving
silver at the world aquatics championships on Saturday in Gwangju, South Korea.
CBC News. Saturday, 20 Jul 2019.
- Your next favourite podcast could be an Apple Original
Apple is diving
deeper into the world of podcasts.The company reportedly plans to fund the production of original podcasts. Bloomberg said Apple executives
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
Diving Instructors News Headlines and News Summaries