This Discount news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about discounts from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The stock market would be much lower if it weren't for companies buying back their own shares
Buybacks have gotten a bad rap from both Republicans and Democrats. But stocks would be trading at a massive discount without them.
CNBC. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Microsoft Surface Headphones are $100 off - CNET
Discounted to $250, Microsoft's high-tech noise-canceling headphones are more tempting.
CNET. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Protect Your Personal and Business Data With This Discounted VPN
Windscribe VPN Pro protects all of your company's online devices.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- 5 Best PEG Stocks Suitable for GARP Investors
While P/E alone only gives an idea of stocks that are trading at a discount, PEG, while adding the growth element to it, helps to identify stocks that have solid potential.
Zacks. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Best PC game deals from the Epic Games Store mega sale - CNET
The first big sale for the new storefront has big discounts and big problems.
CNET. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Inside the mass exodus at Purplebricks US
The U.K.-based discount brokerage launched in the U.S. in 2017 and has had a massive turnover in leadership roles in recent months.
Inman. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Ryanair expects to win in airline 'fare wars'
Europe's biggest discount airline says fares are "artificially low" after profits fall by a third.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Walmart planning new HQ that looks like a tech campus
Discount retailer says its new 350-acre hub will have bike trails, on-site child-care and a large public park
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Fred's closing another 104 stores in more than a dozen states
Discount chain announces a second round of closures that'll have its store count cut in half by end of June
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Factors Likely to Decide Vipshop's (VIPS) Fate in Q1 Earnings
Increased focus on discounted retailing and rising number of active customers may provide cushion to Vishop's (VIPS) Q1 results. Also, it is on track to improve margins via cost containment efforts.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Metro banks on discount share placing to cover blunder
Embattled lender Metro Bank has moved to end concerns over its finances by selling new shares, at a discounted price, and raising more than the £350m targeted.
Sky News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Nissan faces long, rocky road to cut U.S. discounts, rental sales
Nissan Motor Co Ltd said on Tuesday it had hit "rock bottom" with a 45% drop in annual operating profit. ...
Reuters. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- The High End: From Slacks to Square Footage
A 42-story tower rises on the site of the flagship Syms discount clothing store in Lower Manhattan.
New York Times. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Exclusive: Novartis pitches discounts on pricey gene therapy for deadly muscle disorder
Novartis AG is offering price discounts in negotiations with U.S. health insurers on its gene therapy for spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), a treatment that could cost more than a million dollars, but the gesture comes with strings attached.
Reuters. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Hurry: AirPods 2 are on sale for less than the first-gen model
Apple's first-generation AirPods were so popular that they rarely went on sale at a discount. And every when they did, it was usually only a few bucks. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
Discount sign for a store sale
Related Directory Page(s)
Discount Stores News Headlines and News Summaries