This Disability news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A Hashtag Invites Disabled People To Claim Their Disabilities With Pride
The clash of these two opposite views of disability
is worth exploring, not only for non-disabled observers, but for disabled people themselves.
Forbes. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- RespectAbility Brings Accessibility And Inclusion Series To Sundance
advocacy organization RespectAbility presents Accessibility and Inclusion Lab conversation series at Sundance this year.
Forbes. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Learning disability vaccine plea: 'Don't leave us to rot'
As high risk groups continue to be immunised there are growing concerns that people with learning disabilities
have been missed out.
BBC News. Sunday, 24 Jan 2021.
- Carers kept a mother's disabled son locked up for a year to avoid Covid
For almost a year now, Anne Shepherd has been barred from seeing her son Sam, 42, who lives in a care home. He has severe learning disabilities
Daily Mail. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Heart-wrenching BBC documentary tells harrowing stories of disability hate crime in Britain
Former NHS nurse Ailsa, from Northern Ireland, became wheelchair-bound following a road accident and appears on BBC2's Targeted: The Truth about Disability
Hate Crime tonight.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Disability: 'The abuse used to be verbal, now it's physical'
Attacked because of her disability, Andrea was left with a fractured skull and a perforated eardrum.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- American Airlines bans emotional support animals
Starting next next week, carrier will only allow passengers with disabilities
to travel with service animals.
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Karen Killilea, 80, Dies; Turned Disability Into Triumph
She refused to be limited by her cerebral palsy. Her story was the subject of two widely read books and became an inspiration to many.
New York Times. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- Unum (UNM) Enters Into $7.1B Reinsurance Deal With Global Atlantic
Unum (UNM) inks a deal with Global Atlantic to reinsure its Closed Individual Disability
Insurance Block business.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Disabled Former N.F.L. Players Get a Reprieve on Benefit Cuts
A reduction of disability
payments, scheduled to start next month, has been delayed for three years, the players union announced.
New York Times. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- How blood and wealth can predict future disability
Research shows that blood tests for biomarkers such as cholesterol and inflammation can predict disability
in five years. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
- US Students With Disabilities Afforded Equality
Reasonable accommodations have been available to students in the US since the Americans with Disabilities
Act was passed in 1990
Voice of America. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Anne Hathaway sorry for 'pain caused' after The Witches disability backlash
Anne Hathaway has said sorry for "pain caused" by her latest film - The Witches - after a backlash over the movie's portrayal of limb difference.
Sky News. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- COVID-19 linked to worse stroke outcomes
People who experience strokes while infected with COVID-19 appear to be left with greater disability
after the stroke, according a new study.
Science Daily. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- 3 Ways Elevating the Narrative on Disabilities Leads to Business Success
expert Ric Nelson shows how the strongest organizations do it best
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries