This Disability news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How I Came Out About My Disability
Three writers share how they revealed their disability, to a family member, to a love interest on a dating app and to oneself.
New York Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Two Ex-Players Sue N.F.L. and Union Over Cuts in Disability Payments
The N.F.L. and the players association agreed in a new labor deal in March to reduce payments to 400 former players who cannot work.
New York Times. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Mindset Matters: The Evolution Of Disability In Corporate Life And The Next American Frontier
The column explores The Americans with Disabilities
Act through the lens of business. The role of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists and how the disability
community can shape the future of business for the 21st Century.
Forbes. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- 150 Minneapolis cops request post-traumatic stress leave
At least 150 Minneapolis police officers are now seeking disability
for post-traumatic stress disorder, the latest sign of municipal law enforcement reeling from weeks of protests, rioting and calls to disband police departments. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Pioneering brain haemorrhage treatment reduces long-term disability in premature babies
Premature babies with serious brain haemorrhage treated with a 'brain washing' technique were twice as likely to survive without severe learning disability
when compared with infants given standard treatment.
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Husband arrested for murder of disability campaigner wife, 57, was living apart from her for months
Jackie Hoadley, 57, was found dead in her home in Eastbourne on Sunday after a visitor raised the alarm. Her husband Ray, 62, was arrested by police 25 miles away on suspicion of her murder
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus UK: Death rates of people with autism have DOUBLED
The dramatic U-turn comes after it had previously reassured the deaths of people with learning disabilities
and autism in England had been 'within expected range'.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Family of man shot, killed while running away in Calumet Park plead for justice
The man's family said he had a learning disability
and was not in a gang.
ABC News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- The Last Leg's Alex Brooker: 'Viewers don't define me by my disability'
The Last Leg star Alex Brooker on how the show helped change perceptions of disabled people.
BBC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Mindset Matters: Bridging The Great Divide II
This column explores the question of what is the role of the disability
community in this time of crisis? Why is this community positioned to be real leaders in these tumultuous times? Read ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Meet the man behind this 'hot rod short bus' and his mission for people with disabilities
"What's cooler than a guy in a wheelchair owning a short bus?" Chris hopes his "hot rod short bus" can break stereotypes for people with disabilities
ABC News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- We had a lockdown choice - care for Amy or never see her
Parents describe the exhaustion of caring for an adult daughter with learning disabilities
in the lockdown.
BBC News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- Medicinal cannabis may reduce behavioral problems in kids with intellectual disabilities
Cannabidiol, a type of medicinal cannabis, may reduce severe behavioral problems in children and adolescents with an intellectual disability
a new study has found.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Kids With No Name: Kazakh Lawyer Describes Horrific Plight Of Children With Special Needs
Hundreds of children with mental disabilities
in Kazakhstan reside in specialized orphanages where they have limited contact with the outside world. ...
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- Jean Kennedy Smith, last surviving sibling of JFK, dies at 92
Smith was the assassinated president's youngest sister, a former ambassador to Ireland and a champion of artists with disabilities
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries