This Disability news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- She Opened A Thriving Retail Store To Support A Son With Down Syndrome, Shine A Light On Disabilities
Physician Bernadette Wheeler has an adult son with Down syndrome. Learn how she created a 2,000 SF retail gift store in Bryn Mawr, PA to support a beloved son with Down syndrome and others like him in the community.
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Mindset Matters: Strengthening Business Intelligence Through The Disability Narrative
This column is a continued look into how disability
is a disruptor, creating a new language for business intelligence.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Gene linked to physical and intellectual disabilities identified
Modern science and data sharing converged to underpin a study that identified a gene associated with a rare condition that results in physical and intellectual disabilities
of children. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Jeremy Deller Peterloo monument unveiled amid disability row
Peterloo Memorial unveiled amid ongoing objections over disability
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Children with disabilities left stranded at airport by American Airlines, parents say
Angry parents say American Airlines left their children with disabilities
stranded at an airport for several hours without proper meals or supervision. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- American Airlines left kids with disabilities stranded at airport, parents say
"What we went through was a nightmare, and we shouldn't have had to go through it," said 14-year-old Kelsey Phillips
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- San Francisco woman with disability says Lyft drivers repeatedly cancel her rides
A San Francisco woman with a disability
says Lyft drivers have repeatedly canceled her rides when they pull up and see her service dog.
ABC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Beyond The Water Beach Party makes water sports accessible for all
This free community event is open to all individuals with physical disabilities, their family, and friends.
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- 'I was denied cervical screening because of my disability'
A cancer charity says the struggles faced by women with physical disabilities
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Florida Girl with Autism Grows Up to Become an Attorney
Life can have its obstacles, but facing those obstacles with a disability
is even more challenging. Saba Shah Khan introduces us to a lawyer in Parkland, Florida, who is defying the stereotypes associated with autism.
Voice of America. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Finding a cause of neurodevelopmental disorders
Neurodevelopmental disorders arising from rare genetic mutations can cause atypical cognitive function, intellectual disability, and developmental delays, yet it is unclear why and how this happens. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Domino's asks Supreme Court to say disability protections don't apply online
Domino's has petitioned the Supreme Court to hear the case, where it could prove to be a landmark battle over the rights of disabled people on the internet.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- Major retailers are launching affordable clothing lines for children with disabilities
Retailers including Kohl's, Target, Tommy Hilfiger and Zappos are finding ways to create affordable clothing for children with disabilities
CNBC. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Mother sues NHS for millions of pounds over the 'wrongful birth' of her daughter
Lindsey Shaw, of Eston in North Yorkshire, claims she would have aborted her daughter Emily (pictured), now four, had she known she would be born with rare and crippling disabilities
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Half of all injuries, disabilities and deaths that occur due to medical errors could be prevented
A review of 70 studies by the University of Manchester found 12 per cent of patients experience some degree of 'harm' during their treatment, and half of that could be prevented.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries