This Disability news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- See the unique seat making airplanes more wheelchair accessible
The new accessible airline seat is proof of "what real leadership looks like," disability
CBS News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Queens Library Architects Are Sued Over Lack of Accessibility
City officials argued that the building was not compliant with the Americans With Disabilities
Act and other laws.
New York Times. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- How Part-Time Work Helps Workers With Disabilities
Disabled people are often excluded from the labor market, but new research highlights the myriad of benefits even part-time work can provide.
Forbes. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- I lost my virginity to an escort at 43
Melanie Hawkes has been living with a disability
for majority of her life and 'never felt sexy or desired' until one decision changed everything for the better.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Companies Grossly Underestimating How Many Disabled Employees They Have, Study Shows
A new report from Boston Consulting Group has highlighted a staggering lack of awareness amongst employers about how many staff with disabilities
they have working in their organization. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- The Indian woman who writes exams for others who can't
Pushpa has written more than 1,000 exams for people with physical and learning disabilities
BBC News. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- 'Runner In The Dark': Disabled Kyrgyz Athlete Dreams Of Paralympic Glory
Kyrgyz athlete Jalaldin Abduvaliev is training for the 2024 Paralympics in Paris. The two-time triathlon world champion overcomes a visual disability
to bike, swim, and run in long-distance competitions. ...
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Gurkha in 'world first' bid reaches top of Everest
The British army veteran says his aim was to inspire others and change perceptions of disability
BBC News. Saturday, 20 May 2023.
- College Football Player With Down Syndrome Sues School Where He Made History
Caden Cox said he was traumatized by a campus supervisor who used slurs about people with disabilities
and threatened him with a knife.
New York Times. Tuesday, 16 May 2023.
- Disabled army veteran who struggled to his feet to salute the Queen's coffin now faces being homeles
EXCLUSIVE: Sgt Nick Wilson claimed West Northamptonshire council told him to apply for 'private' housing as they had no accommodation to suit his disability
Daily Mail. Saturday, 13 May 2023.
- Illinois Gov. Pritzker signs law that gives benefits to Chicago first responders disabled by COVID
Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker has signed a law providing full disability
benefits to Chicago police officers and firefighters struck by COVID-19 before vaccines were available.
ABC News. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- Lincoln National (LNC) Q1 Earnings Beat on Group Protection Unit
Lincoln National's (LNC) Q1 results indicate improved disability
underwriting results and, growing fixed and indexed variable annuity sales, partly offset by a massive rise in expense level.
Zacks. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- California to improve services for deaf people in state care under new legal settlement
The California Department of Developmental Services has agreed to improve the care it provides to deaf people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- Selma Blair on her MS diagnosis and "Mean Baby: A Memoir of Growing Up"
Actor and author Selma Blair joins "CBS Mornings" to discuss her memoir "Mean Baby: A Memoir of Growing Up," her MS diagnosis and the importance of disability
CBS News. Monday, 8 May 2023.
- How son's disability leaves family fighting for 'basic right' to access his funds
Hannah Stott's son, Curtis, is 15 years old, but is denied many basic rights due to his disability
Sky News. Thursday, 27 Apr 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries