This Disability news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mindset Matters: Psychological Safety, Disability, And A New Lens For Corporate Talent Management
The column explores the value of psychological safety as not only a defining tool of inclusion and innovation, but a solution to hiring practices too engage persons with disabilities
in the changing workforce of the 21st Century.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Making Work Accessible
The Americans With Disabilities
Act was passed 31 years ago. According to this vocational rehabilitation counselor, we need it now as much as ever.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- TCU Students Cycling Cross-Country for Charity
TCU junior Clayton Rogers and sophomore Asher Smith are on a cross-country cycling trek to raise money and awareness for people with disabilities
NBC. Tuesday, Jul 20 2021.
- Erin Gilmer, Disability Rights Activist, Dies at 38
She fought for a more compassionate health care system, bringing an extensive knowledge of policy and even more extensive firsthand experience as a patient.
New York Times. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
- Five ways for firms to reach customers with disabilities
Five ways to rethink how businesses can reach customers with disabilities
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Mindset Matters: Witnessing A New Relationship For Business And Disability
This column continues a sequence of ideas that focus on how the relationship between disability
and business is multifaceted and nuanced. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- A 'national shame': MPs demand an end to some autistic people being detained for years
The long-term detainment of autistic people and individuals with learning disabilities
must be banned, a committee of MPs has said.
Sky News. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Biden fires Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul, who says he isn't leaving
President Biden fired Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul on Friday amid an ongoing dispute over his leadership of the independent agency responsible for administering retirement and disability
Fox News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Registration now open for 2021 Valor Games Midwest, competition for veterans with disabilities
Registration is now open for the 2021 Valor Games Midwest, a competition for veterans with disabilities
ABC News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Mencap's property arm offers 3.25% return with latest bond
Golden Lane Housing, which specialises in renting accommodation to people with learning disabilities, is issuing a retail bond with an annual return of 3.25%.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Benefits and disability: 'I'll never cohabit again, to protect myself'
Some disabled people have been left uncomfortably reliant on partners after benefits were removed.
BBC News. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- Leaders With Disabilities Have Instincts That Inspire Their Teams and Stimulate Productivity
Exercise these key skills to better motivate your team.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- Software developer fails to sue bosses who joked he was like Will Ferrell's Step Brothers character
A judge at a London tribunal dismissed Andrew Dickson's claims that the 'Step Brothers' quip made by his ex-employers was an example of disability
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- As a young, visually impaired Love Island fan, the show's disability representation is better late than never
It's taken seven series of Love Island - and a considerable amount of coaxing from viewers - for the producers to cast a contestant with a disability
Sky News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Disability activists push for more inclusive Pride celebrations
Activists are calling for organizers to make events accessible for the disabled community even as they go virtual.
CBS News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries