This Disability news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Arizona Coyotes Let Go of Draftee Convicted in Bullying Case
The Arizona Coyotes knew that the player, Mitchell Miller, had been convicted of violating the Ohio Safe Schools Act after he and another teenager abused a Black schoolmate with a developmental disability
New York Times. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- A Rise In Invisible Disabilities Calls For A Corporate Culture Change
A growing number of Americans infected with Covid-19 are dealing with serious effects months after their initial infection. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Retired FDNY firefighter, 58, with annual $136K disability pension 'moonlights as a stuntman'
Retired firefighter John McGinty, also known in the film industry as stuntman John E Mack, reportedly has been earning a disability
pension totaling $136,000 a year since 2016.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Delta passenger with hearing impairment says he was mistreated over mask-related misunderstanding
A hearing-impaired traveler says he was mistreated by an airline attendant due to his disability
Fox News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Mindset Matters: Arguing For A New Strategy On Disability Employment
This column begins a conversation that we need to expand the definition of the employment of persons with disabilities
Forbes. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- 'Infinite Possibilities': Disabled Belarusians Take To The Streets To Call For New Election
Belarusians with disabilities
peacefully paraded through the streets of Minsk on October 22 during an opposition event to demand the resignation of authoritarian ruler Alyaksandr Lukashenka and a new, fair presidential election.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- BBC boss wants programme makers to monitor ethnicity and disability of on-screen contributors
The director-general said diversity targets with regard to BAME and those with disabilities
will be adjusted for regional and international content according to audience demographics.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- CQC report: Care of people with learning disabilities 'inhumane'
Physical restraint is part of the culture in some specialist hospitals, a care regulator finds.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- BBC expands representation drive for expert contributors
A project aimed at getting more female contributors on air is to also encompass race and disability
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- People with autism suffer 'inhumane' treatment in specialist hospitals, report finds
Too many people with learning disabilities
or autism are receiving "undignified and inhumane care" in specialist hospitals, the care regulator has found.
Sky News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Physical Therapy Has Benefits for Back Pain
People with back pain and sciatica who got physical therapy had less disability
and decreased back pain intensity compared with controls.
New York Times. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- New Texas rule lets social workers turn away clients who are LGBTQ or have a disability
Social workers called the change "incredibly disheartening," while Gov. Greg Abbott's office said it was necessary
Yahoo. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Texas allows social workers to deny LGBTQ, disabled clients
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Texas officials are facing backlash after deciding to allow social workers to turn away clients on the basis of their disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- WWII vet, philanthropist Abraham Bohrer honored on his 100th birthday
WWII veteran AbrahamBohrer not only fought for his country but those who know him consider the Lincolnwood man a true champion for those with disabilities, including his son Mitchell who has special needs.
ABC News. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- A hydrogel that could help repair damaged nerves
Injuries to peripheral nerves -- tissues that transmit bioelectrical signals from the brain to the rest of the body -- often result in chronic pain, neurologic disorders, paralysis or disability
Science Daily. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries