This Disability news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sinikiwe Kademaunga: 'Don't associate disability with poverty'
Blogger Sinikiwe Kademaunga was born with a condition that stopped the growth of her limbs.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Governor appoints American With Disabilities Act coordinator
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine has appointed the state's first-ever Americans With Disabilities Act coordinator to establish the state as a model employer of people with disabilities. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Pete Buttigieg Claims President Trump Faked A Disability To Dodge Serving In Vietnam
'Do you believe he has a disability?'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Buttigieg accuses Trump of dodging draft with "fake" disability
In an interview Thursday, he said that Trump had used his "privileged status to fake a disability"
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- The failings in learning disability services in six charts
The government has missed a target of fewer inpatient beds for people with learning disabilities in England.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Students build cars for kids with disabilities
The cars are built for families who may not be able to afford adaptive wheelchairs, as part of the Go Baby Go organization
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Michigan Family Files A $10 Million Lawsuit After Police Officer Punched Teen With Cerebral Palsy
Michigan police officer pushed teen with cerebral palsy several times. This incidence says a lot about law enforcers' lack of disability-sensitivity training in this country.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Program to offer caregivers reimbursement for respite costs
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Virginia families who care for a loved one with disabilities or chronic conditions can apply for up to $400 in reimbursement for respite costs under a temporary voucher program. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Microsoft's AI For Accessibility Announces New Grantees: From Chatbots To Nerve-Sensing Wearables
Microsoft's AI for Accessibility program announced seven new grantees that are working to improve the lives of people with disabilities.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Self-Defense Teaching Students How To Be a Hard Target
Fort Worth hospital creates self-defense program for students enrolled in its school for children with intellectual disabilities. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- A prom of their own: Thames Valley holds first-ever prom for students with developmental disabilities
About 140 students across seven TVDSB schools and from the town of Exeter are expected to attend the event pegged DE prom.
CBC News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Coffee shop run by individuals with special needs
SURPRISE, Ariz. (FOX 10) - A Surprise woman is making her dream a reality by opening a coffee shop that will be run and operated by individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Fox News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- At Google I/O, Google is working to help traveling parents and people with disabilities - CNET
The experimental tent at the Google developer conference showcased future tech to solve very specific problems of the present.
CNET. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Disability rights group alarmed by Portland e-scooter rules
A disability rights group in Oregon filed a letter of complaint with Portland over new rules about an electric scooter pilot program
ABC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Google takes wraps off new accessibility projects at I/O - CNET
The tech giant is using AI and voice recognition technology to help people with disabilities live more independent and autonomous lives.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
Disability symbol on a reserved parking space
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries