This Diamond news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about diamonds from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- First UK coronavirus death is Diamond Princess ship passenger
The man from Surrey was treated at Haslemere Health Centre before being transferred to Guy's and St Thomas' hospital in London.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- British man who was on board quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan dies
The man was among 78 Britons quarantined on the cruise liner which became one of the world's largest clusters of virus cases when 705 people tested positive during a failed two-week lockdown.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Six People From The Diamond Princess Cruise Ship Have Now Died From COVID-19 After Quarantine Failure
On Friday morning, U.K. authorities reported that a British man has become the sixth person to die from the Diamond
Princess Cruise Ship after 700 people contracted the virus on board.
Forbes. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Coronavirus: British man who was on Diamond Princess ship dies in Japan
The man, who was on the Diamond
Princess cruise ship, is the first UK national to die from the virus.
BBC News. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Coronavirus kills British Diamond Princess cruise passenger, reports say
The death marks the first involving a foreign passenger who was on board the ship.
Fox News. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Madison Bumgarner And Trevor Bauer Have Great Spring Outings For Diamondbacks And Reds
Madison Bumgarner and Trevor Bauer put on a secondary pitch clinic in their first spring starts.
Forbes. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Coronavirus traps Scots in Tenerife hotel
and his wife Lynn are among a group of 10 from Scotland who should have come home on Monday.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Coronavirus infects woman in Japan for the second time, a first in the country
A woman in Japan tested positive for the coronavirus for the second time on Wednesday, as the country grips with 190 cases separate from the 704 reported from the Diamond
Princess cruise ship, according to reports.
Fox News. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Dozens allowed off virus-hit ship in Japan now showing symptoms
Around 970 passengers were let off the Diamond
Princess after testing negative, but several have subsequently been diagnosed with the virus.
CBS News. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- A faster, easier way to build diamond
With the right amount of pressure and surprisingly little heat, a substance found in fossil fuels can transform into pure diamond.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- DeVante Parker Spends $100,000 On Diamond Chain
Is this a smart purchase?
Daily Caller. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Gov.: Trump Administration Backs Off Sending Coronavirus Patients to Alabama
The Trump administration has backed off plans to quarantine patients from the Diamond
Princess cruise ship stricken with coronavirus at a federal facility in Alabama, the state's governor and a U.S. ...
Newsmax. Sunday, 23 Feb 2020.
- Quarantine For Diamond Princess Cruise Didn't Stop Spread Of COVID-19
Buzzfeed reporter Dan Vergano tells NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro that the ships serve as petri dishes.
NPR. Sunday, 23 Feb 2020.
- China brings in seven cruise ships to house Wuhan medical workers, state media reports
The move comes at a time when such ships are under scrutiny after hundreds of passengers on the Diamond
Princess liner in Japan contracted the coronavirus.
CNBC. Saturday, 22 Feb 2020.
- Follow a Canadian as she disembarks from the quarantined Diamond Princess
Trudy Clement and her husband Steve were trapped aboard the Diamond
Princess cruise ship under quarantine. Then they got approval to leave. Here's what happened, through their eyes.
CBC News. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
Diamonds News Headlines and News Summaries