This Dialysis news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dialysis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dynavax Closes Enrollment in Renal Disease Study on Heplisav-B
Dynavax (DVAX) is developing its hepatitis B vaccine, Heplisav-B, in patients with end-stage renal disease undergoing hemodialysis in a phase I study.
Zacks. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Measuring blood damage
Red blood cells sometimes rupture when blood is sent through faulty equipment, such as a dialysis
machine. This is called hemolysis. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Study tracks COVID-19 spread in pediatric dialysis unit
As COVID-19 continues its sweep around the globe, dialysis
units have continued to be hotspots for the virus' spread. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
- Kidney injury seen in more than a third of hospitalized COVID-19 patients: U.S. study
Over a third of patients treated for COVID-19 in a large New York medical system developed acute kidney injury, and nearly 15% required dialysis, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
- Our coronavirus blind spot: People like me who need dialysis
We are on the precipice of spread COVID-19 from dialysis
centers to nursing homes. But there is a safer way to administer this lifesaving care.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 8 May 2020.
- DaVita (DVA) Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates in Q1
DaVita's (DVA) dialysis
services in the United States showcased solid results in Q1.
Zacks. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- A Life and Death Battle: 4 Days of Kidney Failure but No Dialysis
At the peak of the pandemic in New York, a longtime city employee joined a crush of patients in desperate need of treatment.
New York Times. Friday, 1 May 2020.
- Dialysis services in New York reach a breaking point amid coronavirus pandemic
Medical professionals in New York City are facing a surge of coronavirus patients with kidney failure. Now, major hospitals are reporting shortages of dialysis
equipment. Dr. ...
CBS News. Friday, 24 Apr 2020.
- Cancer care halted, Donor lungs on hold and kidney dialysis cutbacks
Patients have been left in limbo by the coronavirus pandemic, with essential operations cancelled and treatment cut back as all resources are turned to coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Friday, 24 Apr 2020.
- Dialysis centers face significant challenges in protecting patients from COVID-19
patients are among those most at risk for becoming severely ill during the COVID-19 pandemic. Dialysis
centers face significant challenges in protecting them from infection.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- A major breakthrough for the millions of Americans on the brink of kidney failure and dialysis
RenalytixAI has developed an artificial intelligence clinical diagnostic that rates a person's chances of getting kidney disease.
CNBC. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Jim Chanos says he's is shorting kidney dialysis company DaVita
DaVita shares fall to their session lows following Jim Chanos' comments at the Delivering Alpha conference.
CNBC. Thursday, 19 Sep 2019.
Dialysis Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries