This Dialysis news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dialysis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Gilead's (GILD) Veklury Gets Positive CHMP View for Extended Use
Gilead (GILD) obtains positive opinion for the use of Veklury in COVID-19 patients with severe renal impairment, including those on dialysis, from the European Medicines Agency's CHMP.
Zacks. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- Driver high on 'hippy crack' who killed dialysis patient is jailed for four years
Zach Spencer, 22, lost control of his car while under the influence of nitrous oxide. He ploughed into a taxi on the A6 in Allestree, a suburb of Derby, killing passenger Shirley Muirden, 31.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Who gets on a kidney waitlist? We're in the dark on a crucial step toward transplant
To have even a chance at a kidney from a deceased donor, an ailing patient needs to get onto the waiting list. But fewer Americans on dialysis
have that chance.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 28 Apr 2023.
- Humacyte (HUMA) Completes Enrollment in HAV Technology Study
Humacyte (HUMA) surges as it completes patient enrollment in a late-stage clinical study on the human acellular vessel product for vascular access in hemodialysis patients.
Zacks. Wednesday, 12 Apr 2023.
- Mother died after trainee doctor inserted breathing tube into oesophagus instead of windpipe
Emma Currell (pictured), 32, was rushed to Watford General Hospital when she suffered a seizure in hospital transport taking her home from dialysis
treatment in 2020.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Feb 2023.
- Hispanic dialysis patients face 40% higher risk of staph infection than whites, CDC says
People of color on dialysis
have a higher risk of staph bloodstream infections than white people, according to the CDC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023.
- Blacks, Hispanics on Dialysis Get More Staph Infections Than Whites, CDC Says
Black and Hispanic adults on dialysis
experience more staph bloodstream infections than white patients receiving the treatment for kidney failure, U.S. health officials said Monday. The U.S. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 6 Feb 2023.
- Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust fined over £1.3m for safety failings linked to two deaths
A hospital trust has been fined more than £1.3m for safety failings linked to the deaths of a pensioner and a dialysis
Sky News. Wednesday, 18 May 2022.
Dialysis Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries