This Dialysis news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dialysis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- DaVita (DVA) to Report Q3 Earnings: What's in the Offing?
Solid performance by the net dialysis
and related lab patient service segment is likely to have contributed to DaVita's (DVA) top line in the third quarter.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Warren Buffett Dials Down DaVita Stake
Guru trims long-held position in dialysis
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Racial Disparities And Renal Dialysis: Aligning Payment Systems With Health Equity
Closing racial disparities in healthcare is a critical imperative for Medicare. Nowhere is this more important than in the treatment of kidney disease - where decisions on how care is paid for in Medicare could drive a racial divide.
Forbes. Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020.
- Endorsement: No on Prop 23. It would raise costs and not improve kidney patients' care
A labor-backed proposal to require dialysis
clinics to have doctors on duty whenever patients are being treated would inflate costs while producing no clear benefit for patients.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- Akebia Falls as Vadadustat Fails to Meet Safety Endpoint
Akebia (AKBA) posts top-line data from two phase III studies, namely PRO2TECT, which are evaluating vadadustat for treating anemia due to chronic kidney disease in adults not on dialysis
. Shares down.
Zacks. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- Nursing home study suggests dialysis patients at greater risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection
New research finds that nursing home residents receiving hemodialysis for chronic kidney disease may be at greater risk for infection from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020.
- Nearly half of COVID-19 patients at a New York City developed severe kidney damage
A new report from Mount Sinai found that one-fifth coronavirus patients that developed acute kidney injury needed to be placed on dialysis
immediately because the damage was so severe.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Cancer care halted, Donor lungs on hold and kidney dialysis cutbacks
Patients have been left in limbo by the coronavirus pandemic, with essential operations cancelled and treatment cut back as all resources are turned to coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Friday, 24 Apr 2020.
- A major breakthrough for the millions of Americans on the brink of kidney failure and dialysis
RenalytixAI has developed an artificial intelligence clinical diagnostic that rates a person's chances of getting kidney disease.
CNBC. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
Dialysis Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries