This Dialysis news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dialysis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- DaVita (DVA) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Revenues Miss Mark
DaVita's (DVA) net dialysis
and related lab-patient service revenues rise in Q1.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- A fifth of American dialysis patients are still vaccine hesitant, up to 30% of minority patients
A recent study found that a fifth of dialysis
patients in America are vaccine hesitant. Experts worry that vulnerable patients may not be fully protected from COVID-19.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Akebia (AKBA) Files NDA for Vadadustat for Anemia Due to CKD
Akebia (AKBA) submits new drug application for vadadustat to treat anemia due to chronic kidney disease in adult patients who are on dialysis
as well as who are not on dialysis
Zacks. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
- New advice for dialysis patients
patients need to choose their heart medicine carefully, as Canadian researchers say that some beta blockers are easily removed from the blood during treatment. ...
CBS News. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- U.K. puts Oxford vaccine into action as COVID spreads fast
An 82-year-old dialysis
patient and a scientist who helped develop the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were among the first in the world to get the shot outside of trials.
CBS News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Kidney patients are more at risk of Covid than over-80s as one in 30 dialysis patients has died
So far, 662 of 20,000 kidney dialysis
patients have succumbed to coronavirus. Another 564 people who received kidney transplants have also lost their lives to the deadly virus.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 Dec 2020.
Dialysis Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries