This Department Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about department stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- What Can U.S. Department Stores Learn From An Old World Retailer Like Selfridges?
Selfridges has new ideas how to attract customers and win their loyalty.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- June Sales Up .6% But A Stronger Rebound For Fashion Goods
Retail sales for June were up 0.6% compared to last month (seasonally adjusted), according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Strong sales in department stores
and speciality apparel.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Nordstrom's big annual sale is here, and the department store chain needs a boost now more than ever
As Americans emerge from their homes and return to offices, weddings and college campuses, Nordstrom is betting they'll require a brand-new wardrobe.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- John Lewis and Waitrose owner to cut 1,000 jobs in shake-up
The owner of department store
chain John Lewis and supermarket Waitrose is to cut around 1,000 jobs in a store management shake-up.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- US department store Nordstrom invests in ASOS brands
US retailer Nordstrom has bought a minority stake in four brands owned by online fashion giant ASOS, including Topshop and Miss Selfridge, as it seeks to win back younger customers who are increasingly shunning malls and shopping centres.
Sky News. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- John Lewis plans to build 10,000 rental homes
The department store
chain says it wants to address the UK's housing shortage and support communities.
BBC News. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- Manhattan executive assistant sues Macy's after she was sexually assaulted by delivery man
A Queens woman is suing department store
Macy's, after purchasing a $2,400 mattress, only to be sexually assaulted by one of the deliveryman.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Mother stabbed to death by knifeman in Germany threw herself onto daughter to save her life
One of the victims, a Brazilian woman pictured and named locally as Christiane H, 49, was in the Woolworth department store
when the horrific rampage started on Friday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- Former Debenhams store could become Aberdeen's main vaccination clinic
The former department store
could take over as the city's main coronavirus vaccination hub.
BBC News. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- Chicago's Macy's hangs largest American flag!
Chicago's Macy's hangs the largest American flag hanging at a department store.
ABC News. Thursday, 3 Jun 2021.
- Department stores are getting the blues
The first three months of 2017 have seen a record number of store closings, and the trend's not likely to reverse anytime soon. Here's what's behind the retail apocalypse.
CBS News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Latest on Sweden truck attack
In Sweden authorities have identified the man arrested Friday as the suspected driver of the stolen truck that killed four people and injured 15 others outside a department store
in Stockholm. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Department stores like Nordstrom and Macy's are still Americans' favorite place to buy shoes
In a new AlixPartners survey, consumers were asked were they've been buying shoes during the pandemic, and overwhelmingly the answer was department stores.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Sales in self-service and department stores grew 6.5% in March, its best result in a year according to ANTAD
These establishments accumulate sales of 328.6 billion pesos in the first quarter of 2021, according to data from the National Association of Self-service and Department Stores
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
- Burglars break into Nordstrom on Chicago's Mag Mile; 1 charged
A Nordstrom department store
on the Mag Mile was broken into early Monday morning, Chicago police said.
ABC News. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
Department Stores News Headlines and News Summaries