This Department Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about department stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Selfridges becomes the first retailer to sell a range of dresses in 'NFT' digital form only
The British luxury department store
based in London will become the world's first retailer to sell a range of dresses by legendary Spanish designer Paco Rabanne in digital form only.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Macy's is closing more stores this year. Here's a map of which ones are on the list
Macy's has released a list of the handful of department store
locations that it plans to close this year.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- What A Rack Spin-Off Would Say About Nordstrom And Off-Price Too
Reports that the department store
chain may sell off its off-price brand is the latest attempt by Nordstrom to find value but it also could be the canary in the coal mine for other brands.
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- The top 10 'at risk' Victorian and Edwardian buildings the public are desperate to save
The Victorian Society's annual list reveals the tragic state of buildings which have fallen into disrepair. Above: The former John & Higgins Department Store
in Peckham, south London.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- Take a trip through the magnificent department stores of old L.A.
Long before so many people did their shopping online, Los Angeles' department stores
-- Bullock's, Robinson's, May Company, Hamburger's and more -- were the place to be.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- Victorian Society: 'At-risk' mill, market and department store
The Victorian Society releases its annual list of 10 endangered buildings.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Dec 2021.
- Saks CEO Marc Metrick says e-commerce split makes sense for luxury retailer
The luxury department store
spun off its digital business and that move has prompted activist investors to push Macy's and Kohl's to do the same.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- How A Sleepy Southern Chain Became One Of The Pandemic's Top Performing Stocks
Dillard's, the department store
owned by a secretive clan, has hit 50-year highs, far outpacing rivals like Nordstom, Macy's and Kohl's.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- Holiday Windows Are Back. And So Are New York Shoppers.
A fabled Christmas tradition continues at a handful of big department stores.
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Nov 2021.
- 3 held after smash-and-grab theft at Los Angeles luxury mall
LOS ANGELES (AP) – A group of thieves smashed windows at department store
at a luxury mall in Los Angeles late Monday, triggering a police pursuit, police said. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Nov 2021.
- Police Arrest 3 People After Mob Of Around 80 Ransack High-End Department Store
'Immediately began stealing merchandise'
Daily Caller. Monday, 22 Nov 2021.
- Why Macy's Skyrocketed Over 20% on Thursday
Shares of department store
giant Macy's (M) closed up 21.1% on Thursday as investors cheered an impressive beat-and-raise quarter.
Zacks. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- Sears in Woodfield Mall to close; site is last of company's large department stores in Illinois
Its owners want to "redevelop and reinvigorate the property," a company spokesman said.
ABC News. Saturday, 13 Nov 2021.
- Thai-based department store owner Central sizes up Selfridges takeover
A Thai-based conglomerate which owns the Italian department store
Rinascente is among a pack of suitors weighing multibillion pound takeover bids for Selfridges, the owner of one of Britain’s landmark shopping destinations.
Sky News. Thursday, 11 Nov 2021.
- Boy, 10, stabbed by 'stranger' at TK Maxx store in Munich
A 10-year-old boy has been stabbed with a kitchen knife at a branch of department store
TK Maxx in Germany.
Sky News. Sunday, 7 Nov 2021.
Department Stores News Headlines and News Summaries