This Department Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about department stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump rape accuser says he's trying to stall on giving DNA
Writer E. Jean Carroll's lawyers say he's also trying to delay her defamation suit against him. She claims he raped her in a department store
dressing room in the 1990s.
CBS News. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Final Beales department stores set to close
The closure of the last 11 Beales stores will put hundreds of jobs at risk.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Belk restructures corporate office, cuts 80 positions
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Business restructuring has eliminated 80 positions at a department store's corporate office in North Carolina. Charlotte-based Belk Inc. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Products used to de-clutter celebrity homes go on sale in John Lewis
The British high street department store
partnered with de-cluttering experts The Home Edit and iDesign after celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow and Reese Witherspoon revealed they love the brand.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 Feb 2020.
- Macy's tries to convince Wall Street America still needs department stores
As Macy's aims to get back to profitability and sales growth, it is meeting with investors Wednesday in New York to rally support for its turnaround plans.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 Feb 2020.
- Macy's to close 125 stores, cut 2,000 corporate jobs, in hunt for growth
Macy's will shut 125 stores over the next three years and slash about 2,000 corporate jobs, as it shutters its tech offices in San Francisco and its Cincinnati headquarters, the department store
chain announced Tuesday.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
- Beauty Retailers Are Finding New Ways To Attract Customers And Keep Them Coming Back
With department stores
on the decline and younger consumers in particular shopping elsewhere, high-end beauty retailers and brands need new tactics to find new customers and keep them.
Forbes. Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020.
- Department Stores Dying A Death Of A Thousand Cuts - And What Walmart Is Doing Differently
When the end finally comes for traditional luxury retailers, it will have been a death from a thousand cuts inflicted during the past 8 years. ...
Forbes. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Department store Beales falls into administration
British department store
retailer Beales has become the latest to fall into administration, putting more than 1,000 jobs at risk if a buyer or new investment can't be found.
Just Style. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Department store Beales collapses into administration
The collapse of the company, founded in 1881, puts more than 1,000 jobs at risk.
BBC News. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Hudson's Bay Co names Nairn as president
Canadian department store
retailer Hudson's Bay has appointed Iain Nairn, former CEO of Australian retailer David Jones, as its new president.
Just Style. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Harrords to display art in their windows for the first time with paintings of Marilyn Monroe
The pop art portraits on display at the London department store
have been created by British-American artist Russell Young, 60, known for his silkscreen paintings covered in diamond dust.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Indexes Hit New Highs, Department Store Worries & A New Top Stock - Free Lunch
Why all three major U.S. indexes surged to new highs Thursday. A look at the global economic outlook for 2020, department store
worries, and more. And why Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) is a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) stock right ...
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Historic hardware store in northwest Louisiana shuttering
LOGANSPORT, La. (AP) - A 122-year hardware and department store
that once saw a visit from Bonnie and Clyde is closing in northwest Louisiana. N.J. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 30 Nov 2019.
- Macy's Q3 Earnings Preview: Is the Department Store's Decline Set to Continue?
Macy's and other department stores
have not been able to find success or inspire much Wall Street confidence. Can it turn things around in Q3?
Zacks. Friday, 15 Nov 2019.
Department Stores News Headlines and News Summaries