This Department Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about department stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump asks judge to hold retrial or reduce $5 million damages in E. Jean Carroll sexual assault case
A jury in May found Donald Trump liable for sexually abusing E. Jean Carroll in a New York department store
in the mid-1990s.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Nordstrom tops Wall Street's first-quarter sales expectations, even as shoppers spend less
The high-end department store
reaffirmed its full-year outlook and posted a surprise profit on an adjusted basis.
CNBC. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- The school in an empty department store
How one US school found a clever solution when they had to quickly find a new home.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 May 2023.
- Century 21 Reopens as Century 21 NYC
The department store
reopened in Lower Manhattan less than three years after closing all of its locations. For some, it had felt like an eternity.
New York Times. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Future of John Lewis chief Sharon White is on the line after revolt
Dame Sharon, 56, has provoked a furious backlash from staff over plans to turn round the loss-making firm, which includes 34 John Lewis department stores
and 332 Waitrose supermarkets.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 May 2023.
- E Jean Carroll: Jury finds Trump sexually abused writer in NY department store
The jury in the civil case also finds the former president liable for defaming writer E Jean Carroll.
BBC News. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- Trump, GOP Critics Respond To Guilty Verdict In E. Jean Carroll Case
After a Manhattan jury found former President Donald Trump liable in civil court for sexually abusing writer E. Jean Carroll in a department store
in the 1990s, the former President and many in his party issued responses.
Forbes. Tuesday, 9 May 2023.
- An Iconic New York City Department Store That's Famous for Designer Discounts Is Reopening in May
Century 21 is reopening in Manhattan's Financial District later this month.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 3 May 2023.
- Live Updates: The Civil Rape Case Against Donald Trump Goes to Trial
E. Jean Carroll has sued the former president, saying he sexually assaulted her in a Manhattan department store
in the 1990s. He has said she fabricated the encounter, which she described in her 2019 memoir.
New York Times. Sunday, 30 Apr 2023.
- Sofia Richie's $116,000 wedding registry at Gearys revealed
DailyMail.com can reveal Sofia Richie, 24, and Elliot Grainge, 29, are registered at the upscale department store
Gearys at the flagship Beverly Hills location for the lavish nuptials last week.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Apr 2023.
- 'Donald Trump raped me,' accuser tells court
A writer who claims Donald Trump raped her nearly three decades ago in a department store
changing room has told a court: "I'm here to try and get my life back."
Sky News. Thursday, 27 Apr 2023.
- 'I'm here because Donald Trump raped me,' Carroll testifies in civil trial
Testimony began Wednesday in the civil defamation and battery trial of former President Trump, who is accused of raping a woman in a department store
dressing room nearly 30 years ago.
ABC News. Wednesday, 26 Apr 2023.
- Donald Trump Goes to Trial, Accused of Rape
Donald Trump goes to trial on Tuesday, where the writer E. Jean Carroll is accusing the former U.S. president in a civil lawsuit of raping her in a department store
dressing room in the mid-1990s. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023.
- Jury selection to start in Donald Trump's civil rape trial
Jury selection is set to begin at a federal court in New York in a civil trial over a writer's claim that Donald Trump raped her nearly three decades ago in a department store
Sky News. Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023.
- Trump likely won't attend trial over rape claim, lawyer says
A lawyer for Donald Trump signaled Wednesday that the former president is unlikely to attend a civil trial next week in which a columnist has accused him of raping her in a department store
dressing room in the 1990s.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023.
Department Stores News Headlines and News Summaries