This Department Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about department stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Barneys Department Store Is Betting on the Luxury World of Weed
Inside Barneys' posh cannabis store, The High End.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- JC Penney reports mixed second-quarter results as sales decline at a faster-than-expected pace
The department store
chain reports a net loss of $48 million, narrower than its loss of $101 million a year earlier.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Department store sales rise for first time in 2019
Department store sales reversed six months of decline by showing a 1.6% rise in July, figures show.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Cramer: Retail is getting hammered, but it's an opportunity to buy Revolve
Revolve Group is "part of the reason why Macy's is getting obliterated ... disrupting what's left of the department stores, and it is working," Jim Cramer says.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Macy's Huge Earnings Miss: Are Department Stores Dying?
Macy's (M) stock dropped 12.55% in trading Wednesday after reporting disappointing earnings before the bell. The stock is down a total of 45.1% YTD. However, from Q3 2017 through Q2 2018, the stock jumped 114.4%.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Department store selling 'Chanel, Rolex and Nike' goods opens in Pyongyang
North Korea has opened a high-end shopping mall in the capital Pyongyang which appeared to be selling western goods made by the likes of Nike, Adidas, Rolex, Tissot, Omega and Fila.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Barneys New York store chain files for bankruptcy
The US luxury department store
chain also puts itself up for sale after being hit by a steep rent rise.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Selfridges Christmas shop unveiled a record 149 days before the holiday
London department store
Selfridges is the first in the world to unveil its Christmas collection - no less than five months before the big day, because of 'growing demand' from customers.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Retail Earnings Preview: Keep A WATCH On Stocks In This New Acronym
Despite tepid earnings expectations for Q2, retailer earnings may be a mixed bag. Some big-box stores continue to see growth, while many old-line department stores
struggle to stay afloat.
Forbes. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- Barneys "exploring bankruptcy" amid financial struggles
Barneys New York is reportedly exploring options that include a bankruptcy filing, as the US luxury department store
chain grapples with high rents and changing consumer tastes.
Just Style. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Department Store Barneys New York Inc Explores Bankruptcy
Luxury department store
Barneys New York Inc is exploring a bankruptcy filing as it struggles with high rents and changing consumer tastes, people familiar with the matter said on Saturday. ...
Newsmax. Saturday, 13 Jul 2019.
- Man Accused of Recording Up Woman's Skirt on Mall Escalator
A 24-year-old man is in custody, accused of recording video up a woman's skirt in a Fort Worth department store. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Friday, 12 Jul 2019.
- Nordstrom to permanently close Anchorage store in September
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Nordstrom has announced plans to close its Anchorage department store. KTUU-TV reported Wednesday that the retailer says its last day of business in Anchorage will be Sept. 13. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
- Meet Caroline Constas, A Female Founder In Fashion
Caroline Constas is one fashion's female founders who created her successful namesake fashion brand through grit and determination. Now, in its fifth year, she was recently honored by the Canadian department store, Holt Renfrew.
Forbes. Tuesday, 25 Jun 2019.
- Trump dismisses sexual assault allegation by saying E. Jean Carroll not his 'type'
U.S. President Donald Trump said Monday a New York-based advice columnist who has accused him of sexually assaulting her in a department store
in the mid-1990s is not his "type."
CBC News. Tuesday, 25 Jun 2019.
Department Stores News Headlines and News Summaries