This Department Store news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about department stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Previewing Department Store Stock Q1 Earnings
Previewing Department Store Stock Q1 Earnings
Zacks. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Kohl's explores acquisition of At Home Group
U.S. department store operator Kohl's has approached At Home to express interest in acquiring the U.S. home decor retail chain, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- What is Weighing on Macy's (M) & other Department Store Stocks?
What is Weighing on Macy's (M) & other Department Store Stocks?
Zacks. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Creditors approve Debenhams store closure plan
Creditors of struggling department store Debenhams have backed a restructuring plan which will see up to 50 stores close.
Sky News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Hudson's Bay weighing sale of struggling retailer Lord & Taylor
Canadian retail operator may shed department store chain after selling its flagship Manhattan location
CBS News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Lord & Taylor may be put on the block soon
Lord & Taylor, one of the country's oldest department stores, may be sold
ABC News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Debenhams closures: Four ways to use the empty stores
Across the UK, empty department stores are being turned into everything from housing to arts spaces.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Debenhams names 22 stores to close
The struggling department store chain plans to close the shops next year, affecting 1,200 staff.
BBC News. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Debenhams to close 22 stores by 2020 under CVA plan
Debenhams has this morning (26 April) announced plans for a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) that would see the UK department store retailer shutter 22 locations by 2020.
Just Style. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Kohl's will soon take Amazon returns at all its stores
The department store said it will take Amazon returns at its 1,150 stores starting in July in a bid to woo Amazon customers
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Ex-Macy's worker accused of bomb threat
Police have made an arrest in connection with a bomb threat against Macy's department store in Goodyear last fall.
Fox News. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- New Debenhams owners line up turnaround chief
The new owners of Debenhams are close to parachuting in one of Europe's most experienced turnaround executives just hours after taking control of the department store chain.
Sky News. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Debenhams set for administration after rejecting new Ashley plan
British department store chain Debenhams looked set to fall into the hands of its lenders on Tuesday after it rejected a new overnight rescue plan from investor Mike Ashley in the latest twist in an acrimonious battle.
CNBC. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Macy's hires executive to strengthen supply chain
US department store retailer Macy's Inc has appointed Dennis Mullahy to the newly created role of chief supply chain officer for the Macy's brand.
Just Style. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- The Reverse Ferret And The Department Store: How Today Became Debs Day
The continuing saga of Mike Ashley's attempts to take control of the struggling Debenhams department store chain is rapidly descending in a farce of Brian Rix proportions, only matched by Brexit. Did anyone mention a reverse ferret?
Forbes. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
Direction signs at a department store
Related Directory Page(s)
Department Stores News Headlines and News Summaries