This Dentist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dentist and dental news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Patients 'wait two years' for check-ups as dentists drop NHS work
Investigation reveals almost 1,000 dentists left the health service last year.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Most of the 270 who signed anti-Joe Rogan letter demanding Spotify take action not actually doctors
Signers include veterinarian Christine Garvey, dentist
Colleen Trecartin-Frost, podcast host Alie Ward, several psychologists, a social worker, an engineer and nearly 100 Ph.Ds.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Here's Why You Should Hold SmileDirectClub (SDC) Stock for Now
Investors are optimistic about SmileDirectClub (SDC), backed by its expansion in the teledentistry space and the long-term growth target.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Dentist Killed His Wife on an African Hunting Trip, U.S. Says
Lawrence Rudolph collected nearly $4.9 million in life insurance benefits after the fatal shooting of his wife, Bianca, in Zambia in 2016, according to court documents. He has pleaded not guilty.
New York Times. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Dentist accused of killing wife during 2016 hunting trip in Africa
A Pittsburgh-area dentist
was accused last year of killing his wife during a trip to Africa in 2016 as part of an alleged scheme to get millions of dollars in insurance payments.
CBS News. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Pennsylvania dentist, 67, denies murdering his wife during African hunting trip
Dr. Lawrence Rudolph, 67, was charged in December with murdering his wife Bianca in Zambia in 2016, then fraudulently claiming $4.8million in life insurance payouts.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Why making false teeth is becoming a dying art
A leading dentist
says fewer people now need dentures - but there will always be some who need false teeth.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- NHS likely to lose nearly half of dentists after pressure increased to catch up on backlogs, profession warns
practices are now being obliged to meet 85% of their pre-COVID activity levels or face financial penalties.
Sky News. Saturday, 1 Jan 2022.
- Envista (NVST) Gets FDA 510 (k) Approval for N1 Implant System
Envista (NVST) noted that the Nobel Biocare N1 system represents a significant step further in patient-centric dental
Zacks. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Meet The Dentists That Are Bringing Dental Care To Underserved Communities
With over nine dental
offices, Dr. Pasha Hakimzadeh and Dr. Ben Reyhani have made giving back a core pillar in their dentistry. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- For Aging New Yorkers, Help With Health Care
When a Holocaust survivor needed a dental
procedure, nonprofit groups assisted. The challenges on a fixed income can be daunting.
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- Meet Michael Atar, The Swiss Investor On A Medtech Mission
Professor Michael Atar made his name in dentistry, and has since backed companies including Cytovale and Remedly.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- How to avoid tooth decay, cavities from your kids' favorite Halloween candy
Even the most popular Halloween candy can cause dental
problems. Here's how to avoid it.
ABC News. Sunday, 31 Oct 2021.
- Polar bear gets root canal surgery to fix 'very painful' broken tooth at wildlife park
A polar bear with a "very painful" broken tooth underwent dental
surgery at a popular wildlife park.
Sky News. Monday, 25 Oct 2021.
- FBI Confirms Remains Found In Park Belong To Brian Laundrie
FBI Denver announced dental
records confirmed the human remains at the Carlton Reserve are those of Laundrie
Daily Caller. Thursday, 21 Oct 2021.
Dentists News Headlines and News Summaries