This Dentist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dentist and dental news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Healthy adults 'don't need to go to the dentist every six months'
UK researchers claim routine six-monthly check-up appointments do not necessarily improve oral health and could be a drain on national resources during the coronavirus pandemic.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Covid in Scotland: NHS dentists fears of struggle to meet demand
Strict hygiene requirements including tight-fitting masks will limit patient numbers despite the resumption of NHS treatments.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Brushing teeth more 'could help ward off coronavirus'
Professor Martin Addy, a dentistry professor at the University of Bristol, said toothpaste is antibacterial and could remove viral particles from the mouth and prevent Covid-19 spread.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Dentists debunk 14 teeth myths
Two dentists debunk 14 of the most common myths about teeth. They discuss cavities, electric toothbrushes, charcoal toothpaste, and aligners
Yahoo. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus infected less than 1% of dentists nationwide, study suggests
Less than 1% of U.S. dentists were infected with coronavirus amid the pandemic, a new study suggests.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- 3 Content Ideas for Growth in the Dental Industry
In the first article in a series focusing on growth strategies for various sectors, we offer recommendations for dental
professionals looking to serve a larger audience, support existing patients and utilize content as a business driver.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- This Startup Raised $37 Million To Make Going To The Dentist Fun
Tend is tackling the staid dentistry industry by focusing on patient hospitality.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Dental Market Picks Up Pace Amid COVID-19: 3 Stocks to Watch
Let's keep a watch on potentially strong three stocks in the dental
space that have shown promise during the pandemic.
Zacks. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Dentists warning against TikTok trend that has people grinding down teeth with nail fail
Irreparable damage can be caused in the latest TikTok trend.
Fox News. Saturday, 19 Sep 2020.
- Hoverboard-Riding Dentist, Found Guilty of Fraud, Is Sentenced to 12 Years
In their case against Seth Lookhart, Alaska prosecutors included video of the dentist
on a hoverboard and pulling a tooth. Mr. Lookhart was convicted in January of fraud, unlawful dental
acts and other charges.
New York Times. Friday, 18 Sep 2020.
- Dentist who pulled patient's tooth on a hoverboard gets 12 years
A video showed Seth Lookhart riding a hoverboard into an exam room before removing a tooth from a sedated patient.
CBS News. Friday, 18 Sep 2020.
- How Our Teeth Have Fared During Covid-19
When Covid-19 began to spread like wildfire, some of the first to close their doors were dental
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- My NHS dentist can fix my son's teeth - if we go private
Why are some dentists able to carry out work on private patients which they are not allowed to do on the NHS?
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- School Closures Cut a Critical Line to Dental Care for Poor Students
Programs that allowed hygienists to visit schools to look for cavities and tooth decay have been suspended because of the pandemic. Students from low-income families may be hit the hardest.
New York Times. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Houston artist uses his passion for color to help LGBTQ community
Edgar Medina quit his job as a dental
assistant to follow his dream. See how his passion for color is helping young artists and the LGBTQ community.
ABC News. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
Dentists News Headlines and News Summaries