This Dentist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about dentist and dental news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus: Dental patients 'could lose teeth'
One woman says she replaced a filling with Blu Tack as a result of limited services.
BBC News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- At least 50 doctors are dead from coronavirus in Italy
Today the National Federation of Orders of Surgeons and Dentists (FNOMCeO) confirmed the names of the 50 doctors who had lost their lives to the coronavirus in Italy.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Should You Go to the Dentist During the Pandemic?
hygiene is crucial to good health, but the COVID-19 pandemic raises concerns about the wisdom of visiting the dentist?
Newsmax. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus: Dentists to help staff new hospitals
Thousands of dental
staff are being redeployed to aid the battle against the Coronavirus pandemic.
BBC News. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- 'We can't talk to him': Father's COVID-19 infection puts B.C. family in separate quarantine
Rosa, a 24-year-old student, and her mother are in self-isolation at home with symptoms, while her father is in a Vancouver intensive care unit, having likely been infected with COVID-19 at a dental
CBC News. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- States Get Creative To Find And Deploy More Health Workers In COVID-19 Fight
To stop COVID-19, retired doctors are signing up to take clinical shifts. Specialists, including dentists, could move to front line care. And med students are fielding calls in overwhelmed clinics.
NPR. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
- B.C. dentist who attended Vancouver conference dies of suspected COVID-19 complications
A B.C. dentist
who attended a Vancouver conference at the centre of a coronavirus outbreak has died of suspected COVID-19 complications. ...
CBC News. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Celebrity dentist Gamer Verdian reveals his oral hygiene practices amid coronavirus
Gamer Verdian has revealed why practicing a simple dental
hygiene at home is just as important as washing your hands regularly and adopting social distancing amid coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Monday, 23 Mar 2020.
- Dentists reduce hours, postpone elective procedures to combat coronavirus
offices are cutting hours or closing after the American Dental
Association advised dentists Monday to offer only emergency care to their patients amid the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Thursday, 19 Mar 2020.
- Dental association encourages dentists to postpone non-emergency appointments during coronavirus pandemic
The American Dental
Association said postponing elective appointments, like teeth cleanings, would allow dentists to focus on patients who need emergency work.
ABC News. Tuesday, 17 Mar 2020.
- Ouch: Patients prescribed opioids after tooth extraction report worse pain
The use of opioids to soothe the pain of a pulled tooth could be drastically reduced or eliminated altogether from dentistry, say researchers.
Science Daily. Friday, 13 Mar 2020.
- Elite Dental Partners Names Dr. Adam Burr Chief Dental Officer
CHICAGO - Elite Dental
Partners has named Adam Burr, DDS, its new chief dental
Business Wire. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- Align Technology to Acquire exocad in Digital Dentistry Space
This acquisition is expected to boost Align Technology's (ALGN) portfolio of Invisalign and iTero digital solutions.
Zacks. Monday, 9 Mar 2020.
- Fake Dentist Treated Patients for Years
A Jacksonville man has been arrested for the third time after practicing dentistry without a license, according to a report.
Newsmax. Thursday, 5 Mar 2020.
- How millets sustained Mongolia's empires
Researchers examined stable isotopes from bone collagen and dental
enamel to reconstruct the diets of ancient Mongolians. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020.
Dentists News Headlines and News Summaries