This Dairy Farm news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about dairy farms from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dairy producers donate surplus products to food banks
When restaurants and schools closed at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, dairy farmers had to dump tens of thousands of gallons of surplus milk as demand plummeted. Now, they are donating that surplus to food banks instead. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 30 May 2020.
- Pandemic fallout is severely threatening US dairy farms
The year 2020 was supposed to be a good one for American milk producers, but the coronavirus might push many of them out of business for good.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Dairy farmers face ruin
Farmers are getting just 15p a litre.The closure of thousands of coffee shops and food businesses has created a glut, meaning some farmers have been told to pour away huge quantities of milk.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Ancient Britons were among the first Europeans to shift to dairy farming
Scientists from the University of York tracked the shift from hunter-gatherer lifestyles to early farming in prehistoric Europe over about 1,500 years.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Free milk: Illinois dairy farmer's unsold product helping feed hungry in south suburbs
Free milk. They put the word out just a couple days ago. And residents lined up to get it. ...
ABC News. Friday, 24 Apr 2020.
- Dairy farmers milk fewer cows and dump excess, stay-at-home order hurting business
Schools, restaurants, institutions and universities closed to help slow the spread of the deadly virus, but that took away a huge chunk of business for dairy farmers.
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 Apr 2020.
- Why dairy farmers are forced to dump milk because of the coronavirus
CNBC's Jane Wells reports from a dairy farm
in California on why demand milk is shifting, causing farmers to dump milk.
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Apr 2020.
Dairy Farms News Headlines and News Summaries