This Dairy Farm news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about dairy farms from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The plight of a US dairy farm
It's a family business which has been around since 1942 - but now the last remaining cows are being sold off.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- New York solar installation will produce industrial steam
VALLEY FALLS, N.Y. (AP) - A solar installation that produces industrial steam by concentrating the sun's heat is being unveiled at an upstate New York dairy farm. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Undercover videos show alleged animal abuse at Nature Prairie Dairy Farms
Nature Prairie Dairy Farms
is accused of extreme animal cruelty and unsanitary conditions for its dairy cows.
ABC News. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Will Cities of the Future Have Floating Farms?
In the Netherlands, an experimental floating dairy farm
promises to reduce emissions and increase food security
Smithsonian. Friday, 12 Jul 2019.
- Glastonbury Festival organiser not looking too far ahead
Emily Eavis explains how the festival grew out of her father's dairy farm.
BBC News. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- An Undercover Investigation Exposed Horrible Animal Abuse at a Coca Cola-Affiliated Dairy Farm
Activists filmed several instances of abuse at Fair Oaks Farms in Indiana.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 13 Jun 2019.
- 3 charged in animal cruelty case at Fair Oaks dairy farms, police say
According to police, three people have been charged in an alleged animal cruelty case at Farm Oaks dairy farm
ABC News. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- Names released of 3 charged with animal cruelty at dairy
Authorities have released the names of three former employees of a large northwestern Indiana dairy farm
who were charged with animal cruelty following the release of undercover video showing workers kicking and throwing calves.
Fox News. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- The Latest: 3 charged of animal cruelty at Indiana farm
The Latest on an animal rights group's video of showing workers kicking and throwing young calves at an Indiana dairy farm
(all times local): 4:15 p.m. ...
Fox News. Monday, 10 Jun 2019.
- Oversupply Causing Dairy Farmers to Seek Sustainable Model
After losing more than 400 dairy farms
over the last 11 years, Vermont is one of several states in the U.S. looking for answers to save their dairy industry, Valley News reports. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- The Isle of Sark Needs a New Dairy Farmer, But You'll Have to Bring Your Own Cows
Do you have dairy farming experience and 25 to 35 cows ready to travel? You may be the perfect candidate for this job.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Dairy farmers: No-deal Brexit could put us out of business overnight
People living and working on the Irish border say they have no option but to prepare for a no-deal Brexit on Friday.
Sky News. Sunday, 7 Apr 2019.
- Do Happier Cows Make For Happier Consumers?
The author explores how cow brushes create a win-win situation by responding to consumers' desire for farm animal care, dairy farmers' desire to raise happy cows, and the cows desire for comfort.
Forbes. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- Helping dairy farms reduce nitrogen, save money
The Chesapeake Bay -- about 235 miles down the Susquehanna River from New York's Southern Tier -- and other waterways might grow cleaner, thanks to new updates and improvements in a Cornell dairy nutrition model.
Science Daily. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- Dairy farmers are struggling as they are squeezed out of a changing milk market
Competition, market conditions and shrinking sales of milk are having a big impact on farmers like the Coombs family.
CNBC. Friday, 1 Jun 2018.
Dairy Farms News Headlines and News Summaries