This Dairy Farm news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about dairy farms from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dairy producers donate surplus products to food banks
When restaurants and schools closed at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, dairy farmers had to dump tens of thousands of gallons of surplus milk as demand plummeted. Now, they are donating that surplus to food banks instead. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 30 May 2020.
- Dairy farmers donate surplus milk to food banks
When coronavirus lockdown measures were first implemented, dairy farmers dumped tens of thousands of gallons of surplus milk that was no longer needed for schools and restaurants. Now, that excess milk is being donated to food banks. ...
CBS News. Monday, 25 May 2020.
- Coronavirus: Ministers launch hardship fund for dairy farmers
Demand for milk has dropped with the closure of cafes and restaurants during the coronavirus crisis.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Pandemic fallout is severely threatening US dairy farms
The year 2020 was supposed to be a good one for American milk producers, but the coronavirus might push many of them out of business for good.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Dairy farmers face ruin
Farmers are getting just 15p a litre.The closure of thousands of coffee shops and food businesses has created a glut, meaning some farmers have been told to pour away huge quantities of milk.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Coronavirus: Hardship payment for dairy farmers considered
The virus outbreak has led to problems for the dairy industry, with warnings that cows could be slaughtered.
BBC News. Tuesday, 28 Apr 2020.
- Spread of early dairy farming across Western Europe
An international team of scientists analyzed the molecular remains of food left in pottery used by the first farmers who settled along the Atlantic Coast of Europe from 7,000 to 6,000 years ago.
Science Daily. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Ancient Britons were among the first Europeans to shift to dairy farming
Scientists from the University of York tracked the shift from hunter-gatherer lifestyles to early farming in prehistoric Europe over about 1,500 years.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Free milk: Illinois dairy farmer's unsold product helping feed hungry in south suburbs
Free milk. They put the word out just a couple days ago. And residents lined up to get it. ...
ABC News. Friday, 24 Apr 2020.
- Dairy farmers milk fewer cows and dump excess, stay-at-home order hurting business
Schools, restaurants, institutions and universities closed to help slow the spread of the deadly virus, but that took away a huge chunk of business for dairy farmers.
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 Apr 2020.
- Why dairy farmers are forced to dump milk because of the coronavirus
CNBC's Jane Wells reports from a dairy farm
in California on why demand milk is shifting, causing farmers to dump milk.
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Apr 2020.
- Will Cities of the Future Have Floating Farms?
In the Netherlands, an experimental floating dairy farm
promises to reduce emissions and increase food security
Smithsonian. Friday, 12 Jul 2019.
- The Isle of Sark Needs a New Dairy Farmer, But You'll Have to Bring Your Own Cows
Do you have dairy farming experience and 25 to 35 cows ready to travel? You may be the perfect candidate for this job.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
Dairy Farms News Headlines and News Summaries